My biggest problem with SLFs

There are certainly issues with the SLFs. Not too many bugs persay. Locking up while docking for example. Pretty annoying for sure but one thing bugs me more than anything else: the npc pilot complaining/warning me that the hull is at 50% or is critical etc when in reality they blew up two or three seconds ago. Happens 80% of the time or so and drives me crazy every time. Just cut out in the middle of the line and tell me you blew up when you actually blew up.

"My hull is critical *BOOM* I don't think I can hold it much longer - I can't find any trace of the fighter, I think it's down, sir." Well, what do you know, hop in another one, sister. Well, you're right about the delay. My biggest complain however is the complete wrong and misleading responses after giving a command to your crew, for instance:

Launching crew in SLF when I am the Helm. "I got the mothership, Commander." Giving attack order to SLF crew. "Roger, returning to hangar bay now." Anything goes really, it's all messed up.

Yeah, I recently noticed that I'm getting the "I've got the mothership commander" audio, causing me to spit my tea/beer/wine before realising it's a false alarm!

I fully agree. It is just off to the point of being comical more often than serious or believable, let alone failing to communicate tactically and precisely. Before they add any new features to SLFs I would like to see them rectify the audio discrepancies.

There are certainly issues with the SLFs. Not too many bugs persay. Locking up while docking for example. Pretty annoying for sure but one thing bugs me more than anything else: the npc pilot complaining/warning me that the hull is at 50% or is critical etc when in reality they blew up two or three seconds ago. Happens 80% of the time or so and drives me crazy every time. Just cut out in the middle of the line and tell me you blew up when you actually blew up.

This happens because when somebody actually starts firing at the SLF, it usually pops very fast. But the game has its in-built warning messages that are queued and not deleted even after they are meaningless.

Anyway, my biggest issue with SLFs is pilot being permadead on destruction.

Don't really mind the late warning messages 'cos I understand that they get queued-up and simply can't play quickly enough during an attack on an SLF.

Ideally, perhaps, FDev might consider recording some kind of "dammit!" audio which could be used to interrupt a message in progress and skip straight to the "ship destroyed" message.
That way, you'd get "I'm taking fire. My Hull's down to...Dammit! We've lost the fighter", which'd sound more realistic.

The thing that irritates me most about SLF pilots is the way mine ALWAYS say something like "I've got the mothership" when they launch in the fighter.

Mine started doing it about a year ago, stopped for a while and then have been saying it consistently ever since.

The biggest problem is the "Follow Me" bug, especially when in wing, as far as I am concerned.

Is this the one where she completely ignores you and goes after the interceptor anyway?

Hey, they used to chat on about how every enemy is a dangerous target and care must be taken. Usually after or while said target is melting into goo.

Queue monty python's travel agent sketch.

Don't really mind the late warning messages 'cos I understand that they get queued-up and simply can't play quickly enough during an attack on an SLF.

Ideally, perhaps, FDev might consider recording some kind of "dammit!" audio which could be used to interrupt a message in progress and skip straight to the "ship destroyed" message.
That way, you'd get "I'm taking fire. My Hull's down to...Dammit! We've lost the fighter", which'd sound more realistic.

The thing that irritates me most about SLF pilots is the way mine ALWAYS say something like "I've got the mothership" when they launch in the fighter.

Mine started doing it about a year ago, stopped for a while and then have been saying it consistently ever since.

That sounds like a nice addition if FD can find the time to do something with it...
Meanwhile the "I've got the mothership" thing... I've been assuming that was just an odd way of saying they are covering you, sort of "I've got your back"... Being a bug makes more sense though... Now it'll be annoying me [sighs]. Or I'll just pretend I never read this thread and go on believing they just have an odd way of saying things.

More realistic perhaps, but a little to close to profanity for FDev's taste, don't you think? I'll leave it to your imagination which word I refer to.

That sounds like a nice addition if FD can find the time to do something with it...
Meanwhile the "I've got the mothership" thing... I've been assuming that was just an odd way of saying they are covering you, sort of "I've got your back"... Being a bug makes more sense though... Now it'll be annoying me [sighs]. Or I'll just pretend I never read this thread and go on believing they just have an odd way of saying things.

Its the same as I've thought since the default command is defend. "I've got the mothership" translates "I'm defending you".

Top Bottom