Do you think we will ever get something like this?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
As the title says, do you think if (and when) we will ever get something like in the video in Elite Dangerous?
[video=youtube_share;8a-9NFLK_y0]https://youtu.be/8a-9NFLK_y0?t=920[/video]

With the greatest respect, could you provide a summary of what it is in that ~40 minute long video you are curious about seeing in Elite?
I'm going with 'walking about on planets' but I could be wrong.
Assuming it is then maybe. I think they have a lot of incentive to provide 'space legs' and that will probably include stations, your ship and planets - presumably with all sorts of restrictions and caveats.

As the title says, do you think if (and when) we will ever get something like in the video in Elite Dangerous?

Max Safe Speed 17000 and he's traveling at 200! The SC flight model is ridiculous.
I'm a backer so I know what I'm talkin about... The quantum drive is boring as hell, one of those place holder that we all want to get rid of...

I'm not so excited about SC and when I see certain problems remaining over the year I really doubt that this game will ever be released.

It would be amazing, if we did, but we wont.

Atmo landings yes, space legs probs but very basic. Earth likes not in a million years. Big stations full of life i doubt.

Max Safe Speed 17000 and he's traveling at 200! The SC flight model is ridiculous.

Pretty sure there is a major flight model update about to be rolled out soon. (Not aimed at you) I have to be honest here, the whole sci fi geek 'bash the hell out of anything that is not my favorite show/series/game' is really tiresome.

Have been following SC a lot lately, it looks great, runs amazing on a decent rig (which means once optimzed will run great on average hardware) As much as I love Elite, the SC devs are really doing a great job considering the massive scope and pressure put on them by the head honcho.

We need more open world space sims, I'll support any dev going in that direction.. And no I haven't spent a penny on ships, I'll get them through game credits on release. Had a chance to demo the Aegis reclaimer on a friends rig, spent quite a while touring the ship, and some time planet side. Am hoping the ED devs will eventually bring some if this into ED.

Pretty sure there is a major flight model update about to be rolled out soon. (Not aimed at you) I have to be honest here, the whole sci fi geek 'bash the hell out of anything that is not my favorite show/series/game' is really tiresome.

Have been following SC a lot lately, it looks great, runs amazing on a decent rig (which means once optimzed will run great on average hardware) As much as I love Elite, the SC devs are really doing a great job considering the massive scope and pressure put on them by the head honcho.

We need more open world space sims, I'll support any dev going in that direction.. And no I haven't spent a penny on ships, I'll get them through game credits on release. Had a chance to demo the Aegis reclaimer on a friends rig, spent quite a while touring the ship, and some time planet side. Am hoping the ED devs will eventually bring some if this into ED.

Yeah SC on this forum is basically a swear word. "HOW DARE YOU POST ANOTHER SPACE GAME ON MY FAV SPACE GAME FORUM". Fact is, more space games, more options. SC is looking very impressive; will it be released this decade? Who knows, but if/when it is, it fills in a lot of blanks missing from ED.

So agree. I don't think most of us here are fifteen year old schoolyard nerds drawing lines in the sand over every bit of medial entertainment choice. I definetly keep my eyes on sc. I have no investment. I like games.

....but..if you have (whatever exactly it is?!?!) it there, why you want it here?
This is Elite and for an Elite game, this one has everything it needs- and more...

Huge backer of SC(4 figures) and a huge mistake.
Haven't downloaded any SC for years , as every time I decide to see what is up, all I see is laggy(or choppy as he says) game play, fall through ship bugs(and through other items), never ending release roadmap, non-working interactable items and a mish mash of promises.
Roberts is a genius marketeer...

Long live Lord Braben :)

Hopefully not "auto pilot" no thankyou.

Apparently ED planet landing is a chore pffft ,this game looks like a chore in general or maybe it is having to watch this guy and the lag.

@RealPuPpEt - You have created a monster![haha] Can't be bothered to follow this geek pillow fight. To answer your question, I'd say 12 to 24 months, hopefully atmospheric and some form of walking around 'beyond VR' will be in game. Bye

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom