Landing Camera UI

Quite simple really, when you deploy landing gear, a UI interface for camera views around your ship appears. This allows you to land with precision, navigate rough terrain a little better and also allows you to see all hazards around your ship that may hinder your landing/takeoff. I know ships come with a landing UI currently and I am not trying to replace that as that is also useful, it just doesn't show you everything. I have created a little mock-up of what I am talking about in the picture below. Excuse my sub-par image editing. It was created for you to better understand what I am referring to. Obviously camera angles are a little off as that is the first time I have used free-look camera mode, but you should get the idea.

This idea would also allow you to cycle through camera angles and have the angle of choice on the big screen. Credit for the idea goes to my buddy who got stuck last night and couldn't figure out how to free himself without entering camera mode.

nyYaoAW.jpg

Lestat

Banned
Quite simple really, when you deploy landing gear, a UI interface for camera views around your ship appears. This allows you to land with precision, navigate rough terrain a little better and also allows you to see all hazards around your ship that may hinder your landing/takeoff. I know ships come with a landing UI currently and I am not trying to replace that as that is also useful, it just doesn't show you everything. I have created a little mock-up of what I am talking about in the picture below. Excuse my sub-par image editing. It was created for you to better understand what I am referring to. Obviously camera angles are a little off as that is the first time I have used free-look camera mode, but you should get the idea.

This idea would also allow you to cycle through camera angles and have the angle of choice on the big screen. Credit for the idea goes to my buddy who got stuck last night and couldn't figure out how to free himself without entering camera mode.
I like the idea. I think you need to change the Topic name to Camera UI. Because it could be used for other functions of the game. Like viewing combat Vessel behind you who is attacking you. Also 2 small View screens. One on each side and you can cycle through it.

Your idea has my vote too [up]

Top Bottom