The Star Citizen Thread v9

French never looked at it.

Edit - he's trying to use what I quoted above to say the whole thing is dismissed without actually seeing that the sac contains all 6 complaints.

He's a scam artist, they both are. Easy money.

Last edited:
French never looked at it.

Edit - he's trying to use what I quoted above to say the whole thing is dismissed without actually seeing that the sac contains all 6 complaints.

He's a scam artist, they both are. Easy money.

Hey, fill me in. What is going on?

FYI, no sleep sucks when your old. Today’s lesson!

Hey, fill me in. What is going on?

FYI, no sleep sucks when your old. Today’s lesson!

A pair of youtuber 'lawyers' have put out videos saying that the Crytek vs CIG lawsuit has been dismissed. It has not.

All of the filings are online at Pacer, anyone can look them up. The case is going to discovery and trial next year on copyright infringement and breach of contract.

One of these guys has deleted youtube comments where this has been pointed out, including someone linking him the full court document on docdroid.

They are both taking donations via patreon.

It's kind of funny how the assumption among the faithful is that a couple of guys begging for pennies on youtube have a better grasp of court proceedings and how not to screw up your case than [blarp]ing Skadden.

Just read that first paragraph and wonder if maybe, juuuuust maybe, the teams at this calibre lawfirm are not the ones to make that kind of simple clerical error.

Last edited:
A pair of youtuber 'lawyers' have put out videos saying that the Crytek vs CIG lawsuit has been dismissed. It has not.

All of the filings are online at Pacer, anyone can look them up. The case is going to discovery and trial next year on copyright infringement and breach of contract.

One of these guys has deleted youtube comments where this has been pointed out, including someone linking him the full court document on docdroid.

Thats nuts. People are so easily departed with their money if they pay youtube lawyers.

Wake me up when there is a final judgement and a signed order. Until then, sell the news.

Oh and I will learn to twitch, stream, etc if people pay me too. You can pay for my SC ships!

This thread is worse than the VRNG stock board.

Last edited:

The fun thing about this, is that unlike most things discussed about SC on various forums and youtube we will get a definitive answer as to who is correct and who is not in about a month, not just endless circular arguments. Some folk will be back peddling soon, I hope they hold their hands up and say 'sorry I was wrong' I am not legally minded but my best guess is that it is not a case of "case dismissed."

Last edited:
Thats nuts. People are so easily departed with their money if they pay youtube lawyers.

Wake me up when there is a final judgement and a signed order. Until then, sell the news.

Oh and I will learn to twitch, stream, etc if people pay me too. You can pay for my SC ships!

This thread is worse than the VRNG stock board.

We've had the signed order, 4 of 6 complaints go forward with leave to amend the others.

It's kind of funny how the assumption among the faithful is that a couple of guys begging for pennies on youtube have a better grasp of court proceedings and how not to screw up your case than [blarp]ing Skadden.

Just read that first paragraph and wonder if maybe, juuuuust maybe, the teams at this calibre lawfirm are not the ones to make that kind of simple clerical error.

As these youtube shysters "lawyers" aren't in any way, shape or form attached to the actual case, they can tell you whatever you want to hear, they are more or less sitting on the balcony pepping up the show with "helpful" comments, practically a youtube version of Statler & Waldorf so to say.
Their videos are (at best) mere hit or miss commentaries to a running case and (obviously) they also show the reason why they have to e-beg on patreon and youtube.

Twitch thots and YouTube shysters, what a time to be alive!

The fun thing about this, is that unlike most things discussed about SC on various forums and youtube we will get a definitive answer as to who is correct and who is not in about a month, not just endless circular arguments. Some folk will be back peddling soon, I hope they hold their hands up and say 'sorry I was wrong' I am not legally minded but my best guess is that it is not a case of "case dismissed."

Yup, my thoughts exactly. Frankly I'm rather bemused by this whole 'YouTube lawyer' thing anyway. Does it really enhance the reputation of these guys, even when they get things right? I'd have thought that neither giving the impression of being short for cash, having too much time on your hands, or being desperate for attention would do much to attract clients. A properly-argued blog would look a whole lot more professional, though of course you won't get paid for that.

Last edited:
Yup, my thoughts exactly. Frankly I'm rather bemused by this whole 'YouTube lawyer' thing anyway. Does it really enhance the reputation of these guys, even when they get things right? I'd have thought that neither giving the impression of being short for cash, having too much time on your hands, or being desperate for attention would do much to attract clients. A properly-argued blog would look a whole lot more professional, though of course you won't get paid for that.

When you need citizens to fix your used car via patreon, you are way beyond those concerns.

I don't believe that Chris Roberts set out to scam anybody. I truly don't. However, I do believe that his vision far outstripped his ability but his ego simply will not allow him to admit it. So, he continues to sell the vision. Not because he wants to rip people off but because he's incapable of admitting that he can't deliver what was promised.

The game as it was initially described will never be released. A game may or may not be released, but the game will never see the light of day.

I paid £45 for SC because I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. What I have now, 2 years after I bought it and 5 years into the project is comparable to what any other studio would put out in a year and a half, maybe two years.

It's not going to happen. It's just not. Anybody that still believes that it is, is deluding themselves.

All just my opinion of course but I just say what I see.

Last edited:

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
I've already linked you a screenshot of the sac. Everything is in it, the 2 dismissed and the 4 active.

Actually only 1 and a half points dismissed, one of the dismissals was only for part of the complaint if I remember correctly, no?

Last edited:

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
I don't believe that Chris Roberts set out to scam anybody. I truly don't. However, I do believe that his vision far outstripped his ability but his ego simply will not allow him to admit it. So, he continues to sell the vision. Not because he wants to rip people off but because he's incapable of admitting that he can't deliver what was promised.

The game as it was initially described will never be released. A game may or may not be released, but the game will never see the light of day.

I paid £45 for SC because I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. What I have now, 2 years after I bought it and 5 years into the project is comparable to what any other studio would put out in a year and a half, maybe two years.

It's not going to happen. It's just not. Anybody that still believes that it is, is deluding themselves.

All just my opinion of course but I just say what I see.

I do not think CR started out to scam anyone either. But I do believe, based on the development history to date, that CR is fully aware he can not deliver all that has been promised and the level of fidelity and quality that has been promised. Not coming square clean about it to the backers (which are the primary source of his funding, based primarily on trust) and continue pre-selling unreleased stuff in the hundreds and thousands of dollars price is just not only ridiculously unethical to a level that far surpasses the "evil publishers" behaviour but, if enough prove of that awareness existed, a reasonable case for fraud could probably be established.

Last edited:
I do not think CR started out to scam anyone either. But I do believe, based on the development history to date, that CR is fully aware he can not deliver all that has been promised and the level of fidelity and quality that has been promised. Not coming square clean about it to the backers (which are the primary source of his funding, based primarily on trust) and continue pre-selling unreleased stuff in the hundreds and thousands of dollars price is just not only ridiculously unethical to a level that far surpasses the "evil publishers" behaviour but, if enough prove of that awareness existed, a reasonable case for fraud could probably be established.

He just doesn't understand game development.

Top Bottom