Distant Worlds II Event Don't go to DW2 start system in Open

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
So if I wanted to do maximum damage as a ganker on DW2, would I do my PK spree at the beginning, middle or near the end?

I'm not going, I just know that known PKrs are in the DW2 group.

It should be an interesting event. Sort of a multi-Salome' in slow motion sort of thing.

Just remember, friends are not your friends;)

If I had the patience and inclination I would wait until beagle point for maximum salt harvesting

I pirated a Sidewinder today, in my Sidewinder, and he didn't log, didn't cuss... He took the assault like a man. Respect to him. You can see the video in the PvP forum.
Welp, time to find whoever this is and send him to the rebuy so many times that he/she can't even afford the freewinder.

Right, for tomorrow, I'll be at Brooks point in my Corvette, the Garrus Vakarian. My Anaconda, the Kassandra, is one jump away. But I'll be there in my Corvette for security purposes.

Just something to think about. For the price of +5 light years you save yourself only 50 jumps over 25,000 LY. Is it worth it? 50 jumps is just a stroll in the park for most explorers.

Last edited:
Lol, who cares?
That's what he does, and is very good at.
You click Open, rebuy is always a possibility.

And of course, he won't be the only one, just the most notorious.

Whatever. As much as I wanted to Iron Man this game when it first came out, I've come to say "screw it" when it comes to caring about griefing or griefers. I've got my game to play, they're just the noisy neighbour turning their radio up loud once in a while.

BP is more than 60,000 Lys away so it's over 100 jumps.

Thats just one session of jumping for me, if that. And the waypoints are way way closer than that. And since this journey is about exploration, a few extra jumps only means more to explore :)

Last edited:
Thats just one session of jumping for me, if that. And the waypoints are way way closer than that. And since this journey is about exploration, a few extra jumps only means more to explore :)

The jump range you have does not determine the amount of jumps you'll make, that'll depend on your available time and will to keep going. And it doesn't matter if you stop at a POI or not, you'll still have the same drawback and the same effect and with a higher jump range you can visit more places although reaching BP is honestly a walk in the park.

We have a lot of new players around, would be a shame if they got bullied out of the game now.

In games, beating another player at that game is not called bullying, it's called winning. Games are normally *designed* to have winners and losers. Do you feel that no one should ever lose any game? Everyone should receive the gold medal and win first place, right? Because if anyone ever lost a game, then it would be bullying, right?

If your perspective is true, then not only is Elite PvP bullying, but so are all professional sports, board games and knitting competitions, because they to entail winners and losers.

In games, beating another player at that game is not called bullying, it's called winning. Games are normally *designed* to have winners and losers. Do you feel that no one should ever lose any game? Everyone should receive the gold medal and win first place, right? Because if anyone ever lost a game, then it would be bullying, right?

If your perspective is true, then not only is Elite PvP bullying, but so are all professional sports, board games and knitting competitions, because they to entail winners and losers.

I see two problems with your argument:

1) Beating another player can only be winnig if this happens while adhering to the rules of the game. True for open, no argument from me here. But false for a PG where the rules state otherwise.

2) And even that only applies if this game has been designed to win, and the rules for the game contain a criterium for "winnig". But what is this criterium in ED? Killing the most other players? Collecting all ships? Being triple Elite? Finding a ringed earth-like world as the moon of a glowing gas giant, orbiting a neutron star? Befriending an alien race? ...

In short - I don't consider killing another player in arbitrary PvP "winning". It can be if that kill is in a specific context, but doesn't have to.

Sanctioned or not.
Virtual or not.
Is being entertained by another's sorrow even sane?

Sanctioned or not.
Virtual or not.
Is being entertained by another's sorrow even sane?

Well, competition is about crushing your rivals and taking pleasure in your mastery of them, so the answer would be yes. Not nice, but it is what it is. For the record, I took a great deal of pleasure during yesterday's events, and I'm feeling eminently sane.

ZO

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom