Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 115407

D
Ah good old Mobius.

Banning people who 'might' be a problem. Next stop will be a good old out of game haranging on linkedIn and the ilk, like last time.

Glad to see they havent changed.

I wouldn't put it past them.

Well, you're technically not wrong. But it doesn't mean my point is any less incorrect. This isn't about the tired argument of morality. It's about making sure the terms of the aforementioned in-universe world is reasonable and not just some wannabe Mad Max or DayZ mentality. Which, if you want to get into that, I can explain. The very "I must kill EVERYONE BECAUSE THEY ARE HERE" mentality is what caused this metaphorical wasteland in the first place. Now I'm not condemning the idea of villains, I myself would love to do so myself if I had an alt acc(but I don't because I can't be bothered to play 2 accounts, call that laziness lol) But to have players think that being a "good guy" is "boring" and such is just stupid and in of itself really lacking in creativity. Why can't a CMDR not be like a space-Punisher or space-Deadpool? I mean, you can still do some devilish things and be a non-"good" person, but the fact that nobody even wants to actually "Stop" the "bad guys" in any game that allows such "emergent" gameplay is just sad.

It's all I want to see, just more true chaos, not the fake "chaos" of just pirates, anarchists, and general PKers doing their thing while everyone else just embraces that and accepts it while not wanting to make their own truly emergent content by changing up the playing field a bit, if you know what I mean. No, reporting and Clogging and all that other is not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about using the same tactics against those kinds of players, or maybe think of something even more dastardly than something like Healys 4 Feelys. Why is it that the PKers can be "creative" in their PKing techniques but the "anti-gankers" can't? I've seen it in many other games, namely Eve.(unrelated game, but related topic.) I have seen so many people fail miserably at trying to make gankers and other kinds of players become the prey instead. But instead, it's the game that suffers the players, as the mechanics of said game, for example, that innately punishes all who do not lie and cheat and steal and PK in a wanton fashion while those who are doing so are rewarded with everything possible in the game with little to no risk at all

You know what? I'd love to be in in game Punisher or Deadpool, I simply don't have the time to Git that Gud. Once DW is done, I'll probably make an attempt at the PvP world, mainly as after 6 months, I'm just going to wanna blow stuff up, and what the heck, not like I don't have a boatload of cash to blow on re-buys.

I"m not deluding myself though, I'll not likely get above mediocre, whilst I tend to get very good at things I commit to, I simply won't have the time to commit, but still, a bit of PvP has been something I've enjoyed since my first video game, and despite all its flaws, ED is a dream come true, in terms of my 12yo Elite playing on the Atari ST self.

I still think there are solutions for the whole C&P thing, someone just needs to be willing to be brutal at FD. At the nearest hint of an assault in a high sec system, there should be a load of authority ships dropping in with their heavy hitting weapons. I'm not talking Eagles either, I'm talking minimum wings of Vultures with FdL's, maybe even a Corvette or two with SLF's. Make it so hard to gank in a high sec system that it simply won't be worth it.

The problem is, it's still up to the player to build a survivable ship, because they'll still need to be able to last 10-20 seconds, and the reality is, if you can last 10-20 seconds, you can also jump.

Basically, I seriously miss the way systems were set up in Elite, where the likes of high security democratic systems were very safe, and not very profitable, and your first jump to an Anarchy truly made you money - assuming you survived the 20-30 odd ships that would get at you before you made it to the station. It was pretty tough until you worked out a strategy.

Anyway, there are a plethora of tangents from there that I won't go in to, and I think Engineers, as they were introduced into the game and as they are now, pretty much ensured PvP would be only for a small group with plenty of time on their hands. I thought FdL's and Vultures were more fun when you had to decide whether you wanted to sacrifice speed, shields or firepower, much like how PIP's work.

Anyway, I digress.

Z...

You just can follow forum rules and not be banned. Or you can be part of the PvP Special Victims Unit and blame everyone except yourself.

I don't know, there have been some world class snowflakes on Team Ban-hammer™. I've been banned for having the name of my ship in my sig, which, for the record, no one even complained about, is not filtered by the (incredibly overzealous) in game filter, nor the forum filter, and is a word I often here on G-rated documentaries. It was also in my sig for over 2 years before said wielder of the Hammer-that-Bans decided to swing it. Not like I never post, either...

That's the problem with humans, we're not consistent.

Z...

Ah good old Mobius.

Banning people who 'might' be a problem. Next stop will be a good old out of game haranging on linkedIn and the ilk, like last time.

Glad to see they havent changed.
I wouldn't put it past them.
Oh come on. While there are certainly innocent & honorable people like you two guys (who'd also propably cope getting kicked out of Mobius ;)), LOTS of people in this and other threads had no problem whatsohever with infiltrating PGs "because it's not against the rules of the game". And now the admins kicked everyone who took part in DG2. Big deal, and exactly what some wise folks here proposed. Vetting your group, because "ganking in PG is not against the game rules, just against PG rules". So now everyone on the top list of gankers for DG2 got kicked. I think that's reasonable. Personally I'd have preferred to only kick people who really misbehaved, but I can also live with my space pixels getting blown up. Others don't like that though, and play in PG for exactly that reason. And it's not exactly an baseless assumption that people who gank in open in DG2 and are proud on the top gankers list *could* plan to do some big thing in the future to disrupt Mobius/Fleetcom, especially getting farer away from the Bubble. This chance has been reduced now, and I can tell you that a lot of people in Mobius will be happy with that.

Big deal, and exactly what some wise folks here proposed. Vetting your group, because "ganking in PG is not against the game rules, just against PG rules". So now everyone on the top list of gankers for DG2 got kicked. I think that's reasonable. Personally I'd have preferred to only kick people who really misbehaved, but I can also live with my space pixels getting blown up. Others don't like that though, and play in PG for exactly that reason. And it's not exactly an baseless assumption that people who gank in open in DG2 and are proud on the top gankers list *could* plan to do some big thing in the future to disrupt Mobius/Fleetcom, especially getting farer away from the Bubble. This chance has been reduced now, and I can tell you that a lot of people in Mobius will be happy with that.
Exactly. For years we've been hearing Mobius should vet who is in his PG. Mobius vets who is in his PG and the gankers start crying about the humanity of it all.

These gankers eh? So very tough when they are shooting explorers, such precious little snowflakes when someone raises an eyebrow at them. Bless 'em :)

I must say, I do love me a bit of ganker salt. I'm no saint.

Last edited:
Ah there you are, my PvP content!
I was sooo disappointed on CG last saturday night. Just one 1vs1 as there where no combat ships at all.

A hypothetical situation:

If you finally persuaded and taught a beloved older relative to play ED and they made the mistake of choosing Open instead of Solo and got blown up resulting in their being very reluctant to play again despite your telling them it would not have happened in Solo, how would you feel? Would you have felt the time and effort you took teaching ED to your relative well spent? Anyway time and effort don't matter because it's only a game after all?

Would you tell them to get good?
Would you tell them they wouldn't have died had they high waked and oh yeah made sure they had chosen a target system before even leaving and oh yeah immediately submitted to an interdiction so their FSD comes online quicker and oh yeah made sure to put 4 pips to systems and oh yeah made sure to target a system that is not obscured by a planetary body?
Would you tell them that's tough, it's their fault for choosing Open?
Would you tell them that the killer was only doing it for fun and is probably a really nice person in real life?
Would you tell them that it's a rough world out there and that they need to get hard?

If the above, would they be likely to try ED again?

TL;DR sympathy and empathy have their place.

o7

:)

Last edited:

If you finally persuaded and taught a beloved older relative to play ED and they made the mistake of choosing Open instead of Solo and got blown up resulting in their being very reluctant to play again despite your telling them it would not have happened in Solo, how would you feel? Would you have felt the time and effort you took teaching ED to your relative well spent? Anyway time and effort don't matter because it's only a game after all?

Would you tell them they wouldn't have died had they high waked and oh yeah made sure they had chosen a target system before even leaving and oh yeah immediately submitted to an interdiction so their FSD comes online quicker and oh yeah made sure to put 4 pips to systems and oh yeah made sure to target a system that is not obscured by a planetary body?
Would you tell them that the killer was only doing it for fun and is probably a really nice person in real life?
Would you tell them that it's a rough world out there and that they need to get hard?

o7

Sooo um. You dont need me to tell you this is a videogame do you ? No seriously, please tell me you understand the difference between videogames and real life, if you dont there is literally no helping you, and society is ruined.
Your silly hypothetical situation involving loved ones kinda shows that you literally have lost concept of what reality is and will actively attack people on forums and think of them as lesser people....... because they blew up your pixel spaceship ??? U serious ?

o7

My dad's Eastern European. He's harder than that.

Z...

I can understand PVP when done as a pirate - and assuming victim drops the good they get off without damage - sounds like a good gameplay mechanic and a good bit of roleplaying

And yeah so I can do mining or trading or run some missions - maybe even go and kill and NPC who has gone awol - all of these seem legitimate things to do as part of the game and to add some role play side narrative.

The you look at the grievers/gankers (call them whatever) and you have a group of people who's sole interest is picking on people who have much worse ships not engineered for combat in anyway shape of form - in addition they are not looking for goods or to be a pirate - it is simply cold blooded murder.

That's fine - the game play allows it so it can be done.

In much the same way as in some racing games you can drive the wrong way round the track and try and crash into people -- he he he that is fun - except in reality you are just seen as a w4nk3r and kicked at the first opportunity.

So yeah all of you doing the ganking and thinking you are clever - you are just driving the wrong way round the track and trying to say that as the game lets you do it it is a legitimate game play tactic.

But most of all you just bore me with your big ships.

Last edited by a moderator:
In response to the "older relative" post let this "older relative" chime in: Pfffffft

Let me ask the younger relative if I told you to get up at 3am for 12 years for 12-14 hour shifts 6 days a week would you stick with it?

This old man thinks getting knocked out in a video game isn't much of a fear factor. Man up, or Woman up, whatever you prefer but if someone is scared off of ED because somebody shot them out of the sky they need to go back to crossword puzzles.

In response to the "older relative" post let this "older relative" chime in: Pfffffft

Let me ask the younger relative if I told you to get up at 3am for 12 years for 12-14 hour shifts 6 days a week would you stick with it?

This old man thinks getting knocked out in a video game isn't much of a fear factor. Man up, or Woman up, whatever you prefer but if someone is scared off of ED because somebody shot them out of the sky they need to go back to crossword puzzles.

I'd tell you you should have worked harder at school!

The griefers really are crying out for attention. Private Groups for DWII are now very safe thanks to excellent moderation. Open is completely lawless and full of bored griefers who have nothing to shoot at. I was bored myself yesterday so spent 3 or 4 rebuys trying to get out of the mining station in open, it was impossible. I then dropped into solo then back into open to travel to the meeting point. Once there I lasted about 10 seconds.

You've been beaten.

The griefers really are crying out for attention. Private Groups for DWII are now very safe thanks to excellent moderation. Open is completely lawless and full of bored griefers who have nothing to shoot at. I was bored myself yesterday so spent 3 or 4 rebuys trying to get out of the mining station in open, it was impossible. I then dropped into solo then back into open to travel to the meeting point. Once there I lasted about 10 seconds.

You've been beaten.

In fact you could argue that PVP'ers are actually killing open rather than making it a better place - ultimately people will just stay in Private Groups with no PVP.

Leveraging different data sources, we estimate that we have now killed roughly 10% of the DW2 roster that made it out to WP2. This metric matches kills against the DW2 roster and represents unique CMDR kills.
Have you guys gotten your math in order yet and killed 10%? :)

If you need help adding up just send me a message.

In fact you could argue that PVP'ers are actually killing open rather than making it a better place - ultimately people will just stay in Private Groups with no PVP.

Doubt it because believe it or not quite a few people like to PvP and honestly it’s a huge galaxy the odds of seeing another hostile CMDR is low unless you go to a hot spot and honestly even then it’s pretty dead at times. I like the thrill of PvP and if that’s not your cup of tea thats fine. I admit that I sometimes don’t want to pvp and just pve with others. But it’s ultimately the players decision to what they want to do. Literally anyone can PvP if I can you can....

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom