Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I had fun blowing up a python in my sidewinder in Shinrarta 2 nights ago.

Better than waiting 2 hours for a player to undock.

Whatever Floats your boat

Do they really just sit outside stations waiting to engage unarmed ships in "combat"?

God, that's sad... Reminds of those people who go around clubbing baby seals.

What keeps them from losing their minds while they sit there? 'Cos discussing homework assignments and comparing bobblehead layouts can only be entertaining for so long.

Last edited:
My point is that when it's the game being dangerous and difficult, people handle it better than when it's another player making that choice when they don't have to.

When it's a human on the other end that's making you spend additional hours of your life just to deal with them, and you know they're doing that entirely by choice, knowing exactly what it costs you (and even delighting in it), it can be difficult not to take it personally.

You've literally just admitted that players get more upset because a given event happened involving a player and not an NPC.

Ultimately no, they don't "have" to do it, in the same way you don't "have" to go exploring - but it's what they have chosen to do none the less, and until FD ban it, any commentary on it remains opinion and nothing more.

But it's worrying that there are folk that know they are getting upset just because their assailant is a human-and what's more you believe it's a reason to be mollycoddled further. Perhaps if the problem is that y'all get yourselves deliberately wound up when your assailant has "CMDR" in front of their name...then the solution is to not get deliberately wound up?

The alternative is to tell murderers to stop murdering, which is telling people how to play the game - and we can't have that can we ;)

Last edited:
So this is another example for "don't play in open unless you want tp PvP all the time". Right. The next community exploration will take place in a private group, i guess. Just because some adolescents insist on bothering other people because they will get away with it. *extremely slow clap*

Perhaps if the problem is that y'all get yourselves deliberately wound up when your assailant has "CMDR" in front of their name...then the solution is to not get deliberately wound up?

[video=youtube_share;QY8311Q1KJ8]https://youtu.be/QY8311Q1KJ8[/video]

The Replicated Man

T
Me and the MV Earnest disagree with this statement.

"I've outrun and escaped Gank ships, not the low tier Ronins of Anorak, mind you. I'm talking about the big SDC and RSM ships."

*Big SDC and RSM Ships*

When was this? SDC and RSM mainly fly Medium bois.

Since this thread became a little dormant, I was wondering. Is there a lot of combat logging happening?

Often there's at least some complaining about it, but I haven't heard any in this case.

Still no week 2 update?

Sheesh, these gankers have no stamina for newsletters, spreadhseets and bar charts.

;)

Well, they had three goals for week 2, so...

Ryan M. Gankman said:
Maintain kills per day at 140 or higher (150 stretch)
Increase ship kill diversity outside of the current top 3
Increase kills outside of WP2 system

Last edited:
Since this thread became a little dormant, I was wondering. Is there a lot of combat logging happening?

Often there's at least some complaining about it, but I haven't heard any in this case.

I would imagine that it happens so fast, most wouldn't have the time, even if they were so inclined.

Decided to play in open the past few days to see what all the fuss was about. Last night, I finally met up with a DG2 CMDR in {Jawa_voice} Rohini {/Jawa_voice}. I had just come in from a little sight seeing and had only been out for a few days. It was a lone Krait Phantom and as soon as he circled around behind me, I knew it was go time. He stripped my shields and had me to 80% hull before I was able to low wake. Once out, I dropped, high waked to the nearest system. Reboot, repair, to get shields up and then headed back. Didn't see him in system again. Finally met up with him in the station and chatted. Nice enough guy...and a good rush.

Fly safe out there, fleet!

Last edited:

Deleted member 115407

D

Not really. Some, but it's not happening at an alarming rate or anything.

That's my experience, anyways.

Still no week 2 update?

Sheesh, these gankers have no stamina for newsletters, spreadhseets and bar charts.

;)

Yeah, a significant number turned out to have no stamina for the black, either. I happened to stop back by Omega Mining and checked the bounty report on a lark. Three of the top five bounties have last known positions back in the bubble. But the other two were out at WP3, so (based on very few data points) maybe half are continuing on with the fleet.

My dear Commander Ziggy,

Why would you not want this thread to become dormant?

BTW, I was thinking of the possibility of Space Legs. I am thinking of the necessity of recruiting more women to Elite Dangerous because going into a bar or cafe full of exclusively human males would get boring quickly. Wouldn't it be nice if I could walk into an Orbital dive, heave a deep sigh, find a sympathetic human female bartender, and tell her why human males might as well be Thargoids?

o7

:)

Last edited:
Still no week 2 update?

;)

Any objective info on how much of the DW2 fleet is staying the course - or if all of the claimed number ever even left the bubble?

Of course folks on both sides will drop out when faced with the prospect of hundreds of jumps. To think otherwise is lunacy.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom