Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
And I'm over here all, gosh, can we hurry up and get away from all these stations? Let's leave civilization already!

I don't doubt that, and more power to you.

I was just pointing out that trying to use the notion that some DG2 commanders have fallen by the wayside of hundreds of jumps, without acknowledging similar attrition on the DW2 side, is disingenuous (you did not do this, the poster I earlier quoted did).

Per https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/209331-Distant-Worlds-Fleet-Roster, DW1 had a ~50% attrition rate (which I could consider admirable - half stuck it out, way better than Columbus did).

Time will tell regarding attrition for DG2 and DW2.

Last edited:
I was just pointing out that trying to use the notion that some DG2 commanders have fallen by the wayside of hundreds of jumps, without acknowledging similar attrition on the DW2 side, is disingenuous (you did not do this, the poster I earlier quoted did).

Not sure if you're referring to me but just to clarify, my post was a light heated dig at the lack of a Distant Ganks week 2 thread or update (where the DW2 folks are, for example, producing detailed weekly newsletters on their activities) and not to the number of commanders falling by the wayside on the expedition itself.

Well, this is my first post on your PVP forum, Im an avid DW2 participant and in a way agree with what you're trying to do here. And i emphasise on Trying cus you will fail as every Cmdr killed learns to not play in Open after their rebuy.

I fly in a PG and would never go into open. I learn't my lesson late last year playing in Open whilst building credits to buy the upcoming Krait Phantom and getting it kitted out for exploration. I got ganked in a T9 full of trade goods. cost me a load of rebuy credits.

anyway, flying on DW2 im in a PG and having you guys shadowing us just waiting to pounce on any unsuspecting commanders who dont know any difference or incorrectly pressing Open on the main menu gives me a sense of danger.

I cant see many of you following us when we complete the Sag A* CG and move out into the deep black, but i hope you do. Hat's off to you for having the patience to wait on Open for those of us to foolishly go there.

Not sure if you're referring to me but just to clarify, my post was a light heated dig at the lack of a Distant Ganks week 2 thread or update (where the DW2 folks are, for example, producing detailed weekly newsletters on their activities) and not to the number of commanders falling by the wayside on the expedition itself.

Actually I think that was directed at me. I would also like to say that my dig was made with a light heart, and further note that if anyone thought I was making a serious point based on five highly-biased data points I weep for the state of statistical literacy today. :D

I would imagine that it happens so fast, most wouldn't have the time, even if they were so inclined.

Decided to play in open the past few days to see what all the fuss was about. Last night, I finally met up with a DG2 CMDR in {Jawa_voice} Rohini {/Jawa_voice}. I had just come in from a little sight seeing and had only been out for a few days. It was a lone Krait Phantom and as soon as he circled around behind me, I knew it was go time. He stripped my shields and had me to 80% hull before I was able to low wake. Once out, I dropped, high waked to the nearest system. Reboot, repair, to get shields up and then headed back. Didn't see him in system again. Finally met up with him in the station and chatted. Nice enough guy...and a good rush.

Fly safe out there, fleet!

Now that right there is the very epitome of what ED should be. Well played

Last edited:

Deleted member 115407

D
And i emphasise on Trying cus you will fail as every Cmdr killed learns to not play in Open after their rebuy.

I was ganked a few times in my earlier days and I still play in Open.

Being successfully ganked (and later on, unsuccessfully) was one of the factors that taught me how to be a better player.

Guess it's just a matter of stones.

BTW, a few people who I ganked early in the expedition are now on my friends list, and they still play in open. Guess your assessment of the situation doesn't quite wash.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just spent a good few minutes watching a DG2 CMDR at the Conflux Delta site. Just hovering over the site, waiting on people to log in, I suppose. In private group, I piled in the SRV and dismissed my ship and then logged into open, making sure to have driven a good ways away and kept my head lamps off. He never knew I was there.

Now that right there is the very apytamy of what ED should be. Well played

I realize that it isn't for everyone, but about a year ago I went open only. Ive committed to PG for DW2 but have missed the edge that hollow triangles gice the game. I just dropped into the Conflux Delta Site on PC in Open and to my amazement, no one was there. I saw in system chat that there were some DW2 CMDR's in system but I imagine they were cruising around in SC because they weren't on station at the Site. I tootled around, gathered some materials and watched the NPC's chase each other around. Then I left. Oddly quiet and peaceful for the gankfest that some would have you believe Open to be.

Goose4291

Banned
I just spent a good few minutes watching a DG2 CMDR at the Conflux Delta site. Just hovering over the site, waiting on people to log in, I suppose. In private group, I piled in the SRV and dismissed my ship and then logged into open, making sure to have driven a good ways away and kept my head lamps off. He never knew I was there.

Nice work, but this would have been a much cooler story if you'd simply landed out of sensor range and done the same purely in open IMO. :)

Nice work, but this would have been a much cooler story if you'd simply landed out of sensor range and done the same purely in open IMO. :)

You're not wrong, but it was more of "hey, I wonder..." sort of last minute thought that came to me after 15 minutes of pole vaulting the gate in PG got a little boring.

This is probably the most decisive, large-scale victory conducted by an independent military (Space Force) in the history of the galaxy.

No matter what negative comments you make about this unprecedented achievement, the fact remains: the Distant Ganks 2 fleet has achieved absolute domination of deep space. No amount of denial, social media moderation, or burying-your-head-in-the-sand is going to change the fact that those opposing us are being eliminated BY THE THOUSANDS.

The sad thing is, all of this could have been avoided if the Distant Worlds 2 leadership would have had enough empathy towards their own fleet to agree to peace talks. But instead, their callousness towards human life has led to thousands dying.

I've been exploring for the past week in open and have not seen any of you.

so not sure absolute domination of deep space is really the correct phrase.

Maybe domination of a very small part of space where you know weaker ships will be so you can kill them

would seem more accurate

obviously does not follow your narrative but....

Fly safe!

edit: my god that post was geriatric. Apologies for waking it out of it's slumber.

Move along ... nothing to see here.

Last edited:

The Replicated Man

T
I realize that it isn't for everyone, but about a year ago I went open only. Ive committed to PG for DW2 but have missed the edge that hollow triangles gice the game. I just dropped into the Conflux Delta Site on PC in Open and to my amazement, no one was there. I saw in system chat that there were some DW2 CMDR's in system but I imagine they were cruising around in SC because they weren't on station at the Site. I tootled around, gathered some materials and watched the NPC's chase each other around. Then I left. Oddly quiet and peaceful for the gankfest that some would have you believe Open to be.

Are you aware of the bandwith meter? (Control + B)

It is an asset when travelling in open. Another tool you can use is the CMDR history log up in the top panel.

Are you aware of the bandwith meter? (Control + B)

It is an asset when travelling in open. Another tool you can use is the CMDR history log up in the top panel.

I am...I chose not to use it, though...the bandwidth meter that is. I use the CMDR history tab often.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom