PvP MAJOR ISSUE WITH <PVE>

Hi guys , its Vampire .. I would like to tell you guys about a major fundamental flaw in the game regarding combat rank. When it comes to combat , you have three different types. Most people think there is two but how I see it in this game there are three. The first one is when a commander fights a real commander , known as pvp. It provides more adrenaline , more un predictability , and risk. Sometimes it can be much tougher than fighting a NPC or just as easy depending on who it is. NPC's now , especially in threat 7 pirate zones , are exceedingly just as tough as most commanders out there. Ok second is obviously when a commander fights another artificial intelligence based program that is limited in its outfitting regarding engineering and is fairly predictable in its technique for piloting. It clearly provides much less risk. You see , you can easily go into a conflict zone with a bigger ship like a vette , outfitted properly and massacre tons of them for much less effort to gain rank. Third are thargoid scouts . This is a big issue because they provide four times as much rank gain in combat than what normal pvp does. Why is that? Here is my tiff with all of this. How I feel about pvp is simple : the big dogs jump off the porch and the little ones stay home. So why is it that these little dogs get to wear such a badge as elite , in combat ? My thoughts to fix this would be to create another badge or rank for strictly true PVP combat . Commander vs Commander.. let the cowards have their other rank , this one belongs to us.

Hi guys , its Vampire .. I would like to tell you guys about a major fundamental flaw in the game regarding combat rank. When it comes to combat , you have three different types. Most people think there is two but how I see it in this game there are three. The first one is when a commander fights a real commander , known as pvp. It provides more adrenaline , more un predictability , and risk. Sometimes it can be much tougher than fighting a NPC or just as easy depending on who it is. NPC's now , especially in threat 7 pirate zones , are exceedingly just as tough as most commanders out there. Ok second is obviously when a commander fights another artificial intelligence based program that is limited in its outfitting regarding engineering and is fairly predictable in its technique for piloting. It clearly provides much less risk. You see , you can easily go into a conflict zone with a bigger ship like a vette , outfitted properly and massacre tons of them for much less effort to gain rank. Third are thargoid scouts . This is a big issue because they provide four times as much rank gain in combat than what normal pvp does. Why is that? Here is my tiff with all of this. How I feel about pvp is simple : the big dogs jump off the porch and the little ones stay home. So why is it that these little dogs get to wear such a badge as elite , in combat ? My thoughts to fix this would be to create another badge or rank for strictly true PVP combat . Commander vs Commander.. let the cowards have their other rank , this one belongs to us.

I'm triple Elite. I achieved this using the game methods available. You have no right to call me a coward.

My thoughts to fix this would be to create another badge or rank for strictly true PVP combat . Commander vs Commander.. let the cowards have their other rank , this one belongs to us.

LOL.

But FWIW, I kinda agree with you. Not the whole "cowards" nonsense, but combat rank in general makes little sense. I considered Luke Skywalker an "Elite" combat pilot the moment he blew up the original Death Star. In ED, he would have to kill 100,000 (or whatever number) Tie Fighters to earn that rank, and it wouldn't matter if he was flying an old X-Wing or an engineered Corvette. Combat rank has nothing to do with skill, and as such, I pay it no mind myself. The only rank I'm proud of in ED is my Exploration rank, and that's because I earned it the hard way.

They should have ranks for killing noobs.
When that gets put into the game I'll make credits by letting other players farm rank off me.

I'll 100% agree with this with the caveat that seal clubbing weaker ships REDUCES the rank by a massive amount so the Dbags can have a big ol' badge of dishonour!! Maybe go into the minus with a large pink graphic of the rank over the ship saying "I'm a seal clubbing Dbag". ;)

There's a rank for you, it's called notoriety. I agree though, that it should be more obvious and visibly.

All the Elite badges are meaningless, have been for a long time.

Apart from CQC, which is awarded for persistence.

I might pay real money if I could keep my combat rank at "Harmless" and still be able to partake in combat :D

Then again, I do enjoy when I show up at a CG in my Sidewinder and strangers start texting me, "A Deadly pilot in a Sidewinder?"

You forgot to mention the Docking Computer. In my case, even the Sidey has one, just out of principle.

It's shieldless ofc and properly named 'Fisher King'. Much fun in Open, in particular in Shinrarta.

O7,
[noob]

Last edited:
You forgot to mention the Docking Computer. In my case, even the Sidey has one, just out of principle.

It's shieldless ofc and properly named 'Fisher King'. Much fun in Open, in particular in Shinrarta.

O7,
[noob]
REAL Elite players (those that DESERVE to be in this forum) NEVER use a docking computer...

Come on, just a bit more and I can Bingo AGAIN :D

I'll 100% agree with this with the caveat that seal clubbing weaker ships REDUCES the rank by a massive amount so the Dbags can have a big ol' badge of dishonour!! Maybe go into the minus with a large pink graphic of the rank over the ship saying "I'm a seal clubbing Dbag". ;)

I like this idea :D

Top Bottom