News Frontier Xtra - Question of the Month - March

My question is-as Community Managers, do you feel it is better to share development info "in real time", or do you feel it is better to hold off until the product is 100% complete? I recognise it is a difficult balancing act, but which side of the coin do you think is best?

When reading feedback from the large game communities (across many feedback platforms) on popular topics, do you use any tools to assist in gathering/analysing/summarising/categorising feedback (trends, yes/no responses, popularity, etc)? If so, please can you describe what and how, maybe with examples?

There's a whole bunch of questions from last month still outstanding, how about starting with those?

Are you planning to needlessly remove any other long-standing gameplay elements or will future updates actually add to the game like there is a long-term plan? (I'm still waiting for the old discovery modules to be put back in, it's been three months now).

What current game elements are still considered placeholders four years after launch?

What's your perfect Friday afternoon?

Is there still an intention to supply sufficient premium content to make the 2015 Lifetime pass become a worthwhile money saving purchase, if so when can we expect to see it on sale again, and if not when can we expect to be offered a refund for the unredeemed value?

How long is too long to wait for information when chasing up progress on a purchase, in your view?

Last edited:
Why isn't "question of the month" decided on by a forum poll?
Because we don't get to decide. We ask 100 questions along the lines of "tell us more about what's coming next in Elite" and upvote them as much as we like but a) this stream isn't ED specific and b) they aren't answering those sort of questions (yet). You need to ask "how do I get a job in games design" or stuff like that otherwise it won't get picked.

Which FD game pushes the Cobra Engine the hardest? And why?

If a dev could change 1 thing with the Cobra Engine, what would it be?

You see I can write something thats not about the P word.....:D

Saying that.......

Last edited:
  • Will Squadrons ever be extended on aside from Fleet Carriers?
  • Will you ever make a big "Roadmap" of the current Vision and what you want to see, before the game cycles comes to a close?
  • Can we please get the Galnet Archives back or are there any plans to do so already?
  • Would you mind sharing your Vision for Future Community Events a bit more? Not like spoil it, but rather how you want to approach their conception.
  • Are you happy with current reports about the Changes/Fixes to the BGS?
  • Can you get us a bit of a roadmap for the stuff leading up to the next chapter? We get Newcomer Content in the first, but what about the rest? Or will we get an opportunity to voice our wishes for a smaller update? I could really imagine a Focused Feedback for collecting QoL Improvements from the Community.

• Which FD game pushes the Cobra Engine the hardest? And why?
  • If a dev could change 1 thing with the Cobra Engine, what would it be?

In ED, what is the smallest possible interactive object that can be in the game that has physics? We have 'small' objects like 1T containers, materials for engineering etc but is that the limit with 64bit precision?

How much data defines one average moon in the game? Is there a limit to this?

Are players Holo-Me avatars part of the ship, or are they separate? I.e, are they like ships that can dock with stations (but both are separate entities) or are they fixed and what we customise via clothes etc is really interior customisation like a bobblehead / string lights?

When designing new ships, how much thought is put into interior / exterior traversal?

A while ago I was told stolen items can't be used in CGs to make crime spree CGs due to bugs. Has this been fixed?

There is a lot of pre-viz work that we never see, will we ever get a second Elite Dangerous behind the scenes book to gawp at?

Will you ever release the Powerplay bobbleheads? I know you have them and the internet is littered with images of them.

fuVuL17.png

Will you be building brand synergy between FD IP with a Chief Beef bobblehead and or Holo Me?

5MfKGt2.jpg

You say that internally you are working years into the future with your games. What dev build version number of ED is the most distant?

Last edited:
In ED, what is the smallest possible interactive object that can be in the game that has physics? We have 'small' objects like 1T containers, materials for engineering etc but is that the limit with 64bit precision?

How much data defines one average moon in the game? Is there a limit to this?

Are players Holo-Me avatars part of the ship, or are they separate? I.e, are they like ships that can dock with stations (but both are separate entities) or are they fixed and what we customise via clothes etc is really interior customisation like a bobblehead / string lights?

When designing new ships, how much thought is put into interior / exterior traversal?

A while ago I was told stolen items can't be used in CGs to make crime spree CGs due to bugs. Has this been fixed?

There is a lot of pre-viz work that we never see, will we ever get a second Elite Dangerous behind the scenes book to gawp at?

Will you ever release the Powerplay bobbleheads? I know you have them and the internet is littered with images of them.

Will you be building brand synergy between FD IP with a Chief Beef bobblehead and or Holo Me?

You say that internally you are working years into the future with your games. What dev build version number of ED is the most distant?

Great questions! Re: the smallest object with physics, an SRV wheel maybe?

[video=youtube_share;7eXn0FtuH7g]https://youtu.be/7eXn0FtuH7g[/video]

Talking about power play... If a power play leader is killed in the forest by a falling tree and there is no one around to see or hear it?. Did it happen? Can they die ?

Flimley

Off topic

Talking about power play... If a power play leader is killed in the forest by a falling tree and there is no one around to see or hear it?. Did it happen? Can they die ?

Flimley

Originally they were supposed to be killable, if you had looked into the game files there were two unfinished powers supposedly to fill in for early deaths.

Now they are invincible.

On topic

Have we seen the last of the Thargoid forms and or the Guardian forms?

Whatever happened to the Dredger megaship?

[video=youtube;IBTDmXmgdjM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBTDmXmgdjM[/video]

Will the Federation have an election? Hudsons term is over soon.

Will we see more ships in the future?

How much control do you have server side per tick? Is it possible to create situations via server updates during the PP downtime, or daily server ticks?

Is it possible to have combat zones near or around areas of interest? In the 3.3 beta I had a CZ in an asteroid belt, and I've seen various bugged CZs appear inside or very near other stations and other unknown signal sources like refugee convoys.

Top Bottom