IMPORTANT: Magnificent Rides Collection coming on 18 December 2018!

I was reading and thinking a lot about previous posts after the screenshot was leaked on Friday, but I'm not the most active member in this community but today I decided to share my thoughts with you guys.

First of all I think this DLC will be the best ever, it looks like the dev team put so much effort into it to make us happy and give us what we wanted for so long! Second I'm often disappointed and angry when I read some comments of people always complaining or spamming. What I always read is "chairlift, chairlift, CHAIRLIFT!!!!" - then it looks like a chairlift is leaked and what most of the people who wanted a chairlift are doing is complaining about that it doesn't look like they wanted it. You should be more thankful that they even care about our wishes and try to give us the content we want. And they can never make everyone happy, cause that's just the reality and impossible!

If the chairlift will be there or they're working on it - who knows, but we'll find out tomorrow or at least on Tuesday, when the pack is released! I am very excited for this pack and want to thank the dev-team for their hard work on this piece!

So now enough with "feelings" [big grin][haha] I wanted to share another theory about the chairlift. I already thought a little further, cause I would say multiple stations was the biggest problem when coding a chairlift. If it is really in the dlc I think Planet Coaster could change a lot, cause it would mean there is a Shuttle mode for Transport rides as well as there should be multiple stations possible. As they are always talking about bugfixes and IMPROVEMENTS I'm also thinking, that it could possibly be that we can shuttle mode and multiple stations for other rides. I'm not really hyped by the chairlift cause for me it doesn't make sooo much sense in a Themepark and I don't know it from theme parks as i come from Austria and we usually use chairlifts to get up to a mountain with our Ski's but I think it's a "most wanted" ride and a nice to have for Planet Coaster.

I'm pretty sure that there could be this nice addition into the game with multiple stations etc. if we're getting the chairlift. If not I'm still hoping for a nice giant flume or another water ride, but maybe they want to save the water rides for a Spring/Summer Pack full of new water rides as I have the feeling like Sam told us in the stream they've been working on these rides for a long time, possibly next to working on all the other dlc's.

EDIT:

And please stop with that much negativity and be thankful that we're still getting DLC's and free Updates with FREE content after 2 Years!

Wow you come from Austria. Coole Sache,grüss dich[wink]Ich auch!

Gocarts are able to load with groups as it is usually a number of cars there and it all starts at same time. So guests load it as it would load a train or a flatride.

This is reason why we do not see things like stepplechase coaster (single rider on horse) bike coasters etc. Unless they figure out a sneak way to load and release a group of maybe 4-6 "cars" at same time, which may look a bit odd.

Same thing with that tube thingy that riders hang from and slide down from old RCT1-2 (forgot name) (no not dinghy slide, but more of a coaster thingy where the guest hang down on a lift-like chair) single riders. Helter skelters - same issue.

I guess they did this because they want us to be able to load parks with lots of guests without it getting too much for the computer. So treating a group as a single entity is easy way to do that.
To split up guests and let people wait outside would tax computer that way.

I think it is a pity, but it is a decision they have gone on. I just hope that they might add a code to break down groups later on when computers got better. ;) :D But then the game would be "old". Like RCT3 is now.

And talking about dinghy slides.. Maybe they could make a large mat/boat-size ones that would allow entire group to go down slide? :D Or parallel tubes with many starting points. So a group can enter 4-6 tubes at once. Hmm hmm.

Gocarts are able to load with groups as it is usually a number of cars there and it all starts at same time. So guests load it as it would load a train or a flatride.

This is reason why we do not see things like stepplechase coaster (single rider on horse) bike coasters etc. Unless they figure out a sneak way to load and release a group of maybe 4-6 "cars" at same time, which may look a bit odd.

What I said a couple of post before yours [wink]. The release of 2 persons-cars in groups, like your suggestion, is already happening with the wooden wild-mouse and the hoax... looks indeed odd.

Second I'm often disappointed and angry when I read some comments of people always complaining or spamming. What I always read is "chairlift, chairlift, CHAIRLIFT!!!!" - then it looks like a chairlift is leaked and what most of the people who wanted a chairlift are doing is complaining about that it doesn't look like they wanted it. You should be more thankful that they even care about our wishes and try to give us the content we want. And they can never make everyone happy, cause that's just the reality and impossible!

This exactly! [up]

It’s almost Monday UK time. Can’t wait. I suppose the announcement will happen around 3-4 AM for me, Im from the US and it will be 8-9 AM in the UK. I just wanna know what the last ride is. My gut feeling it’s the chairlift but we’ll see. It is now Monday in London!

If we do get the chairlift tomorrow. I hope it has a gondola option. I have seen gondolas used in parks but not the chairlifts. But will be happy for either one.

Isn’t that the same for some old-fashioned-American-rides that are already ingame? Or the single rail coaster that only exists in two or tree parks at the moment?

That may be a true statement but kind of an irrelevant argument here. There has also been a lot of requests here for old style rides and Frontier has tried to delver on those requests. I don't think anyone can say that the very British company Frontier is biased towards American rides. Plus, a lot of those old-fashioned rides has been very popular in parks in the past. Chair lifts, not so much.

The single rail coaster is different in my opinion. That is a new concept of a coaster that it growing in popularity. It only exists in a few parks now because it is so new. More will come. Chari lifts has been around as a thing for a long time and not really associated with them parks. I think more people think of them for ski resorts. Yes, some parks do have them but those parks are in minority compared ot parks without them.

That may be a true statement but kind of an irrelevant argument here. There has also been a lot of requests here for old style rides and Frontier has tried to delver on those requests. I don't think anyone can say that the very British company Frontier is biased towards American rides. Plus, a lot of those old-fashioned rides has been very popular in parks in the past. Chair lifts, not so much.

The single rail coaster is different in my opinion. That is a new concept of a coaster that it growing in popularity. It only exists in a few parks now because it is so new. More will come. Chari lifts has been around as a thing for a long time and not really associated with them parks. I think more people think of them for ski resorts. Yes, some parks do have them but those parks are in minority compared ot parks without them.

Don’t forget marketleader Disney is opening a very big and modern sky-ride next year. Europapark (after Disney, biggest in Europe) already announced a cable car in development. Furthermore, the cable car is popping up right now in a lot of cities, as a popular mode of transportation. So the cable car is even growing in popularity. Your statement about the single-rail-coaster is irrelevant then aswell. ;)

You don’t see that futuristic monorail outside Disney so often aswell.
I guess the requests for chairlifts are as big as for the other rides you stated. So I think it’s relevant, and everybody’s own opinion if they should be in the game.

Don’t forget marketleader Disney is opening a very big and modern sky-ride next year. Europapark (after Disney, biggest in Europe) already announced a cable car in development. Furthermore, the cable car is popping up right now in a lot of cities, as a popular mode of transportation. You don’t see that futuristic monorail outside Disney so often aswell.
I guess the requests for chairlifts are as big as for the other rides you stated. So I think it’s relevant, and everybody’s own opinion if they should be in the game.
It was on top my list about year ago! It's a free world anyways!

tumblr_m13slaaAES1r6dgd6o1_500.jpg
https://forums.planetcoaster.com/showthread.php/29636-Chair-Lifts?p=225131&highlight=#post225131

Don’t forget marketleader Disney is opening a very big and modern sky-ride next year. Europapark (after Disney, biggest in Europe) already announced a cable car in development. Furthermore, the cable car is popping up right now in a lot of cities, as a popular mode of transportation. So the cable car is even growing in popularity. Your statement about the single-rail-coaster is irrelevant then aswell. ;)

You don’t see that futuristic monorail outside Disney so often aswell.

Yes, Disney is opening a char lift, OUTSIDE of the park. Not inside. I don't really care either way for the char lift. If it comes, fine. If not, that will be OK too. To me, it seems like there are a lot of other items they could have put their time into instead of a chair lift. Such as boat/water rides, switch tracks for roller coasters, split loading/unloading platforms, shuttle mode for transportation rides etc. But now they took that time and made a chair lift. That's fine, we all have different priorities.

I don't care about the single rail coaster as anything special, just used it as an example of something that do exists, and is growing INSIDE theme parks. That char lifts are growing in cities and everywhere but in theme parks are not relevant s I see it. With that logic we should cry for Frontier to add subways and airports as those are growing from a world perspective as well. These kinds of arguments can take ridiculous proportions really fast as you can always find some statistic to support your statement.

On that same subject, monorails do exist plentiful around the world. Ever been to various cities in Asia? A lot of airports have them too as terminal to terminal transportation. In the US alone there are 19 monorail systems. World-wide you have 70+ systems and more under construction/planned. A lot of those are operational in theme parks. I personally do not like them and don't use them, but they do exist. I would use them more with a shuttle mode, but now that development time partially went to do other rides, including the maybe soon the be announced chair lift.

Yes, Disney is opening a char lift, OUTSIDE of the park. Not inside. I don't really care either way for the char lift. If it comes, fine. If not, that will be OK too. To me, it seems like there are a lot of other items they could have put their time into instead of a chair lift. Such as boat/water rides, switch tracks for roller coasters, split loading/unloading platforms, shuttle mode for transportation rides etc. But now they took that time and made a chair lift. That's fine, we all have different priorities.

I don't care about the single rail coaster as anything special, just used it as an example of something that do exists, and is growing INSIDE theme parks. That char lifts are growing in cities and everywhere but in theme parks are not relevant s I see it. With that logic we should cry for Frontier to add subways and airports as those are growing from a world perspective as well. These kinds of arguments can take ridiculous proportions really fast as you can always find some statistic to support your statement.

On that same subject, monorails do exist plentiful around the world. Ever been to various cities in Asia? A lot of airports have them too as terminal to terminal transportation. In the US alone there are 19 monorail systems. World-wide you have 70+ systems and more under construction/planned. A lot of those are operational in theme parks. I personally do not like them and don't use them, but they do exist. I would use them more with a shuttle mode, but now that development time partially went to do other rides, including the maybe soon the be announced chair lift.

Does INSIDE / OUTSIDE matter? You think we don’t want to build resorts?
I don’t see subways and airports in resorts. So this is irrelevant. Ever count the cable installations in mountains? They win! My example of cable cars in cities was just to say that the system is in revival.

I do agree that the team isn’t ready yet! That’s nice, because we can hopefully expect more DLC in the future!

True i agree with him,that are all things i would have liked to see in the game too. But it probably is the chairlift,so congratz to everyone who wanted it and hope that this was not the last dlc pack.[wink]

Top Bottom