IMPORTANT: Magnificent Rides Collection coming on 18 December 2018!

Frontier "accidentally" showing the cablecars was just a matter to start a speculation-thread like this in my opinion. "Accidents" like that (having TWO cablecars on both sides of the screenshot is just too obvious to be a mistake) normally don't happen in a company in which all published screenshots are controlled by multiple people. If it was a mistake ... what a bummer [big grin].

Yes, Sam did mention in the stream that they have dificulties to program some certain rides in the engine because of engine or coding issues. That's why we don't have the (much needed) shuttle mode for the monorail at the moment. I guessed it would be difficult to program the cables of the cablecar go down due to the weight of the cable-cars but as it seems from the screenshots the cables don't bend down due to cable-car-weight. They are just in a straight line. I personally don't need cablecars as I haven't ever seen one in any theme park I visited so far (neither Europe, US, Australia nor Asia), but I am very happy for those who really waited for them and I might build one or two myself.[big grin] What I really would want in future are more water rides (not slides)[big grin].

One thought I just had was that the cablecars or another ride MIGHT be one of the milestones for the charity stream but I don't know nothing and don't want to speculate again. [big grin]

So far I am quite happy about the new DLC, you can see that a lot of work went into detail (like working mechanisms). For the future I hope for more water rides and rides with smaller foundation. I also hope for more ride animatronics like those traps from the Adventure DLC i.e.[big grin]

Frontier "accidentally" showing the cablecars was just a matter to start a speculation-thread like this in my opinion. "Accidents" like that (having TWO cablecars on both sides of the screenshot is just too obvious to be a mistake) normally don't happen in a company in which all published screenshots are controlled by multiple people. If it was a mistake ... what a bummer [big grin].

Yes, Sam did mention in the stream that they have dificulties to program some certain rides in the engine because of engine or coding issues. That's why we don't have the (much needed) shuttle mode for the monorail at the moment. I guessed it would be difficult to program the cables of the cablecar go down due to the weight of the cable-cars but as it seems from the screenshots the cables don't bend down due to cable-car-weight. They are just in a straight line. I personally don't need cablecars as I haven't ever seen one in any theme park I visited so far (neither Europe, US, Australia nor Asia), but I am very happy for those who really waited for them and I might build one or two myself.[big grin] What I really would want in future are more water rides (not slides)[big grin].

One thought I just had was that the cablecars or another ride MIGHT be one of the milestones for the charity stream but I don't know nothing and don't want to speculate again. [big grin]

So far I am quite happy about the new DLC, you can see that a lot of work went into detail (like working mechanisms). For the future I hope for more water rides and rides with smaller foundation. I also hope for more ride animatronics like those traps from the Adventure DLC i.e.[big grin]

You sir are totally right and i'm totally your opinion,especially about the water ride part[wink]
Nice name btw,as a Kunf Fu Panda Fan and coming from Austria i actually understand the meaning[big grin]

The problem with all this waiting is that I don’t want to get my hopes up for something then get disappointed on announcement day. That would be a dirty trick if they showed chairlifts then didn’t deliver them next week.

Well.

Interesting discussion. Most of the hardcore players presumably will buy that pack for the Schwarzkopfcoaster alone. The rest is a nice bonus so to speak i think.
But the chairlift has a very, very vocal supporter group. I am not sure if the majority will be disappointed if it is not in. If it is good for you all.
I will buy that pack for the Breaker and Towers alone, hoping the best for the Schwarzkopfcoaster.
The rest is currently not so interesting to me.

100% agreed.
Chairlift is probably not (in the absolute) the most requested ride... But it defenitely has the most active supporters.
As a theme park nerd, I would be waaaay happier if the last ride would be a giant flume.
I didn't buy this game to play a ski resort simulation.

My thought is that maybe the chairlifts aren't part of this magnificent ride collection DLC but maybe part of a free update. Wouldn't it be a nice surprise to find out that the new ride on Monday will be a giant flume ride and the chairlift part of a free update. Just my thought.

My thought is that maybe the chairlifts aren't part of this magnificent ride collection DLC but maybe part of a free update. Wouldn't it be a nice surprise to find out that the new ride on Monday will be a giant flume ride and the chairlift part of a free update. Just my thought.

looks like you missed this part of the chain.

There is a free update but it will include fixes and improvements not any additional content.

In other news, glad to see you guys are enjoying our Thememaker Toolkit creations ;)

100% agreed.
Chairlift is probably not (in the absolute) the most requested ride... But it defenitely has the most active supporters.
As a theme park nerd, I would be waaaay happier if the last ride would be a giant flume.
I didn't buy this game to play a ski resort simulation.
Exactly my thoughts, now i have to build a ski resort just to use them[big grin]

That could be the reason why they didn't look that finished,maybe they just need some more days and the come for free[wink]

I seen chairlift s in my u.s. Parks in Florida
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/oZ70lbf3vgo/hqdefault.jpg

Is my park that special? I the one request this year's ago.

In the uk I can name a few parks with cable cars:
1. Alton Towers
2. Flamingo Land
3. Drayton Manor
4: Gulivers kingdom (Matlock)

Then there’s other attractions in the uk that ain’t theme parks with them:
1. London
2. Heights of abbriham
3. Llandudno cable cars (Wales)

That’s just to name the ones I know of I’m sure there’s many more.

I guess I am a lucky American! I'm lucky to live near Disney and Buschgardens.

Disney in Florida as well bringing them back!
http://www.wdwmagic.com/transportat...ntenance-gondolas-take-to-skyliner-cables.htm

Those are outside of the parks though to shuttle people between the Epcot area and the Hollywood Studios area, not an attraction inside.

I understand that people want them but it seems that there are many more parks without then than with them. Not a top priority for me. Rather have more water rides etc.

Well haven't seen them in Europe,maybe there are some in theme parks in England and the USA,never been to them[wink]

They can be found in a lot of themparks on the main continent of EU aswell:
The Netherlands: Slagharen
Belgium: Plopsa Coo
Germany: Panoramapark. Europapark is planning a large one, crossborder into France.
Sweden: Kollmarden
Spain: Teleferico Madrid (To Parc d’attractiones)
and so on...

Last edited:
Those are outside of the parks though to shuttle people between the Epcot area and the Hollywood Studios area, not an attraction inside.

I understand that people want them but it seems that there are many more parks without then than with them. Not a top priority for me. Rather have more water rides etc.

Isn’t that the same for some old-fashioned-American-rides that are already ingame? Or the single rail coaster that only exists in two or tree parks at the moment?

Not excited about chairlifts myself, I do think it's neat they are coming because so many people have been craving them. So a good worthy addition.
And happier to get chairlifts than yet another rollercoaster. [pirate] But yes, a water ride would have been thé dream last ride. Next time!

Top Bottom