FRONTIER DEVELOPMENTS CODE OF CONDUCT (changes)

I am curious , because today once again , I had a individual who chose to log on me after I engaged with him. It's simple , if you don't want to fight players , don't play in open , which in my opinion , is ruining the game. But on to the point here, I have studied the code of conduct in the past from frontier developements regarding pvp and other possible violations that could get you banned. Before they had in there a statement regarding logging , and how it was a bannable offense. I re read and re checked twice today on this and it now has been altered and is no longer there. So if that is the case , then frontier openly is saying it is ok to log on players? What kind of game is this ? CAREBARE city ? anti pvp ? IF I am correct on this , that just goes to show how downhill this game has become in regards to other players engaging in combat with other real players , and if thats the case they might as well take away all the engineers for weapons and special weapons obtained through powerplay. It is utterly pointless if this is no longer part of their code of conduct . There already was a problem having no check system in place to have measures taken against players logging , but taking it out of the code of conduct says it all. Please correct me if I am wrong but again I have re read the entire deal two times today just to make sure.

I'm not aware of any changes but Frontier's stance is that game exploits are not tolerated. That included, includes and will always include, combat logging.

then frontier openly is saying it is ok to log on players?
It is ok, to sit still and wait for log out.
Combat logging, alt + f4, is not ok.
This has gone unchanged for quite some time now, no new changes in the code of conduct last I checked.
What kind of game is this ? CAREBARE city ? anti pvp ? IF I am correct on this , that just goes to show how downhill this game has become in regards to other players engaging in combat with other real players
Hold the hyperbole please.
What kind of game is this? the same game it has always been when it comes to PvP, there is no specific PvP mechanics in the game, the game has always so far treated PvP kills and PvE kills equally.
Anti PvP? hardly, people can simply chose not to want to participate, and open is not meant as a PvP mode, there are a ton of things that can happen when people interact and meet random online players, PvP is part of that but not all.

If you want combat with real players I suggest targeting someone you know is interested in a fight with you and not just random people online who may not want to and may not be equipped to actually make it an interesting fight.

So yeah, settle down.

I am curious , because today once again , I had a individual who chose to log on me after I engaged with him. It's simple , if you don't want to fight players , don't play in open , which in my opinion , is ruining the game. But on to the point here, I have studied the code of conduct in the past from frontier developements regarding pvp and other possible violations that could get you banned. Before they had in there a statement regarding logging , and how it was a bannable offense. I re read and re checked twice today on this and it now has been altered and is no longer there. So if that is the case , then frontier openly is saying it is ok to log on players? What kind of game is this ? CAREBARE city ? anti pvp ? IF I am correct on this , that just goes to show how downhill this game has become in regards to other players engaging in combat with other real players , and if thats the case they might as well take away all the engineers for weapons and special weapons obtained through powerplay. It is utterly pointless if this is no longer part of their code of conduct . There already was a problem having no check system in place to have measures taken against players logging , but taking it out of the code of conduct says it all. Please correct me if I am wrong but again I have re read the entire deal two times today just to make sure.
On the other hand, you also have a choice. I can't speak about the antics of NPC's in "OPEN", but in "SOLO", NPC's NEVER "Combat Log". I mean, if interdiction floats your boat, I'd concur that there are far more NPC's in both modes then there are humans.

This has gone unchanged for quite some time now, no new changes in the code of conduct last I checked.

What kind of game is this? the same game it has always been when it comes to PvP, there is no specific PvP mechanics in the game, the game has always so far treated PvP kills and PvE kills equally.
Anti PvP? hardly, people can simply chose not to want to participate, and open is not meant as a PvP mode, there are a ton of things that can happen when people interact and meet random online players, PvP is part of that but not all.

If you want combat with real players I suggest targeting someone you know is interested in a fight with you and not just random people online who may not want to and may not be equipped to actually make it an interesting fight.

So yeah, settle down.
Well put (y)

CMDR Vampire, I know it's irrelevant in the long term, but just for context; were you interdicting a similarly equipped combat ship?
Or were you ganking somebody?

So yeah, settle down.
i disagree with you on the i dont want to pvp, there is no reason for a cmdr who doesnt want player interaction to then cheat their way out of that situation. They are no acception and i think that if anyone regardless of outditting etc is fair gain.

i disagree with you on the i dont want to pvp, there is no reason for a cmdr who doesnt want player interaction to then cheat their way out of that situation. They are no acception and i think that if anyone regardless of outditting etc is fair gain.
I do not believe I've stated that you do not want to PvP?
Only that randomly attacking some player and expecting them to give a challenging fight is a bit much, if you are looking for PvP, a fight, a challenge, then attacking random people will be just that a random bag of reactions. Now I do not know if or if not you want a challenge I cannot say, if you simply want to kill people that you see, that is something you also can do but again, you cannot expect people to have a specific reaction, because they are just that, other people, players with their own reasons for what they want to do.

And again, if they combat log then yeah, that's cheating.
But simply logging out while waiting for timer is not cheating.

Only that randomly attacking some player and expecting them to give a challenging fight is a bit much, if you are looking for PvP, a fight, a challenge, then attacking random people will be just that a random bag of reactions. Now I do not know if or if not you want a challenge I cannot say, if you simply want to kill people that you see, that is something you also can do but again, you cannot expect people to have a specific reaction, because they are just that, other people, players with their own reasons for what they want to do.

I would argue that menu logging is still a form of combat logging, realistically you cant take down a g5 cutter in 15 sec, i think the time to quit should be increased depending on the ship you are in.

people can simply chose not to want to participate, and open is not meant as a PvP mode, there are a ton of things that can happen when people interact and meet random online players, PvP is part of that but not all.

this was your words

It sounds like I need their concent to pvp them which regardless of whether if they can or cant defend themselves I will rob them.

people can simply chose not to want to participate, and open is not meant as a PvP mode, there are a ton of things that can happen when people interact and meet random online players, PvP is part of that but not all.

this was your words

It sounds like I need their concent to pvp them which regardless of whether if they can or cant defend themselves I will rob them.

I took him to mean that if you are truly interested in PvP as a core reason to play the game then you'd want a real challenge. There is a world of difference between role playing a pirate and yanking someone much weaker out of supercruise and killing them for the lolz. That isn't PvP. The "versus" implies a contest, shooting fish in a barrel is no contest.

This is another reason why we need a PvP toggle or option in Open play. Just because someone plays in Open doesn't mean he wants to participate in PvP, nor should he be forced to. Open is the only way to meet and interact with complete strangers in the community. Given the size of the game and the different size of player pools on every platform, Elite would really need a way to get that community together and provide as much opportunity to interact freely as possible. Private Groups are not an option - they are merely a compromised workaround for the fundamental design flaw that is limitless PvP. The developers should have understood that there were people who didn't want to participate in PvP yet desired to be part of the online community. Combat logging is the side effect of this shortsightedness. I've never done it myself but I fully understand why people may do it in particular situations. It's the game's fault not to provide an online environment of which people don't want to abruptly log off. Most recently the DW2 expedition showed how the current design can undermine the idea of mass community events.

I took him to mean that if you are truly interested in PvP as a core reason to play the game then you'd want a real challenge. There is a world of difference between role playing a pirate and yanking someone much weaker out of supercruise and killing them for the lolz. That isn't PvP. The "versus" implies a contest, shooting fish in a barrel is no contest.
ah thanks for clearing that one up, I would rep you but they got away with the green bars which I do miss however I will like your post.

This is another reason why we need a PvP toggle or option in Open play. Just because someone plays in Open doesn't mean he wants to participate in PvP, nor should he be forced to. Open is the only way to meet and interact with complete strangers in the community. Given the size of the game and the different size of player pools on every platform, Elite would really need a way to get that community together and provide as much opportunity to interact freely as possible. Private Groups are not an option - they are merely a compromised workaround for the fundamental design flaw that is limitless PvP. The developers should have understood that there were people who didn't want to participate in PvP yet desired to be part of the online community. Combat logging is the side effect of this shortsightedness. I've never done it myself but I fully understand why people may do it in particular situations. It's the game's fault not to provide an online environment of which people don't want to abruptly log off. Most recently the DW2 expedition showed how the current design can undermine the idea of mass community events.
I'm fully against a toggle as it would make piracy extinct, think about it, no one would have the pvp toggle off as everyone would just want to be left in their safe space. I believe that open shouldn't be available to the noobs until they reach a certain point like buying an asp

I'm not going to pitch my tent on either side of the fence regarding this topic. Look see, no tent. However, I would like to point out:

Not every user in "Open Play" is, by default, necessarily up for PvP. The blind assumption that they automatically are, is obtuse.

So called "Logging" combat or otherwise is a common issue in many online arenas. I'd like to cite Mario Kart 8 as an example.
In a nutshell everyone begins their online MK8 career with a rating of 1000.​
Depending on where you finish in an online race that value is then adjusted.​
A large increase for 1st place, a reduction to your rating total when coming last.​
There are karters out there who if they can see they are going to receive a reduction in their rating, they will actually quit to the home screen before the race ends to avoid that outcome.

This action exactly is the same as so called "clogging" Yes, it's lame. But it's a caveat of playing an online multiplayer "game" Twas ever thus, and ever shall be.

I'm fully against a toggle as it would make piracy extinct, think about it, no one would have the pvp toggle off as everyone would just want to be left in their safe space. I believe that open shouldn't be available to the noobs until they reach a certain point like buying an asp

I agree about the toggle. If you play in open then you should expect bad people.

Disagree about open not being available to new players. Plenty of players lean by getting help and assistance from others, they can't do that in solo.

A better idea would be free or discounted insurance until they have played for a certain number of hours. That way they can enjoy the game, experience the good and bad and learn the ropes without the fear of losing everything.

Who cares about logging anymore.
This game has real issues now.
Simple if you make them explode you win .
If they log or more or less run away you win.
It is not like you win grand amounts of credits or xp for killing players so you do it for the victory.

Who cares about logging anymore.
This game has real issues now.
Simple if you make them explode you win .
If they log or more or less run away you win.
It is not like you win grand amounts of credits or xp for killing players so you do it for the victory.
perhaps you will care about logging when your friend gets killed by one then you hunt him down to have him just log. If they log I take it as a win but they don't lose anything and that's why im never satisfied with that.

I don't know if it's the loss of money (i.e. cargo, rebuy, etc.), loss of data, or missions failure... I mean, what needs to be investigated is the reason why players decide to log and then make a proper assessment of it. I mean, is it for the money 99%... then they'd reduce (zero?) the rebuy cost for clean players killed by wanted ones (or outside PP reasons). Is it for the waste of time? Then put a no loss of cargo/data or mission failure... whatever, but I believe that if FDEVs want to have ppl play together, they'd investigate why this is not much happening and solve it (don't take mine as "solutions" it was just a generic parley).

Top Bottom