The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Sensibly. Not handing it off to people who can't or won't do anything useful with it is a good start.

So you support me upgrading my 600 then? I concur with your assessment!

Edit: So you don't want me to support CIG, who started development in 2012 and has a playable tech demo. But, you want me to buy 10 copies of Cyberpunk that also started development in 2012, which doesn't have a playable tech demo?

I'm confused as to who you think handing my money off to people who can't or will not do something useful with it. As I believe a playable tech demo is better than nothing at all.

Last edited:
So you support me upgrading my 600 then?
No.

But, you want me to buy 10 copies of Cyberpunk that also started development in 2012, which doesn't have a playable tech demo?
No, no, and no, in that order.

I'm confused as to who you think handing my money off to people who can't or will not do something useful with it.
No.

Try again, except this time, also try reading first.

Appareantly you want to drive the narrative "I am going to spend my money the way I want" when confronted with basic human logic. I just wish you wouldnt try to sell that as the best thing since sliced bread and push lies or easily debunkable exxagerations as if they were facts. Sometimes I m not sure if its just a funny day for you or you are trolling in earnest /shrug

I take it that Ben Lenslock and Disco Lando aren't part of this anymore?

Ben is old news he got phased out of the project end 2015 or in 2016? But Lando? He not part of the team anymore? That guy was giving everything. Did his personal investment "rewarded" by being cut loose?

I take it that Ben Lenslock and Disco Lando aren't part of this anymore? The good old days when money came in with no unfortunate legal gubbins attached. Almost miss it!

Love to know what "wingman" and that lanky haired guy that needed to eat more thinks of it all now.
Disco Lando continues to present the Youtube TV series.

Ben Lesnick moved to a different state and is absolutely, definitely not, on gardening leave. At all. He tweets about Wing Commander 24/7 now.

Problem is, most people do, including people who expect a released product in their lifetimes.

Personally, I liked the university. They gave us money and facilities, we didn't have to produce anything! You've never been out of college! You don't know what it's like out there! I've worked in the private sector. They expect results.
--- Dr. Ray Stantz (Ghostbusters [original, i.e., the GOOD version]).

SC keeps getting more and more money. Roberts feels compelled to put that money to more development with great new features. This is great, except for the fact that it keeps the game in Alpha cycle over and over and over and over....

If you stop feeding them, they stop reproducing.
---- Dr. McCoy (The Trouble with Tribbles)

Stop feeding SC money and they'll stop "adding more stuff" to it and eventually HAVE to release it in order to make actual money.

Last edited:
Discussion about Star Citizen and its community seems popular over at /r/SubredditDrama. This post is about the arguing over the Hammerhead's apparent invincibility in PTU:
https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditDrama/comments/bcidys

Yah well balance needs to be adressed and is currently favoring the expensive ships heavily....how shocking, might be an "innocent" mistake, oversight, cluelessness or a period of time for their whales to enjoy their investments. I admit I dont really know what they are talking about with stats that only actual players would understand but its funny how the class system from ED made it into SC :) Imitation is the highest form of flattery so after procgen, seamless gameplay and a few other things now this....hehehe

Yah well balance needs to be adressed and is currently favoring the expensive ships heavily....how shocking, might be an "innocent" mistake, oversight, cluelessness or a period of time for their whales to enjoy their investments. I admit I dont really know what they are talking about with stats that only actual players would understand but its funny how the class system from ED made it into SC :) Imitation is the highest form of flattery so after procgen, seamless gameplay and a few other things now this....hehehe
I keep seeing comparisons used to describe functionality, e.g.:
  • "What's interdiction?" being pulled out of Quantum Jump by pirates/gankers, like getting pulled out of Super Cruise in Elite.
  • "What's gimbal assist?" like the gimbal-weapons auto aim in Elite, but without the chaff counter.
  • "Can't find my docking pad. They should add pad markers and compass like Elite."
  • "Why is Quantum Jump straight line only? We should be able to manoeuvre like in Elite's Supercruise."
  • "Are modifier-buttons supported, to map more functions to a HOTAS? I have modifiers in Elite."
  • Etc.
Such comparisons are very unnecessary of course. Star Citizen is the revolutionary product that other games are emulating, not the other way around.

Wow...just wow.....I haven't been here in ages and its like I never left. Same old people regurgitating the same old things. I actually feel sorry.
Keep on keeping on, Commanders.

I keep seeing comparisons used to describe functionality, e.g.:
  • "What's interdiction?" being pulled out of Quantum Jump by pirates/gankers, like getting pulled out of Super Cruise in Elite.
  • "What's gimbal assist?" like the gimbal-weapons auto aim in Elite, but without the chaff counter.
  • "Can't find my docking pad. They should add pad markers and compass like Elite."
  • "Why is Quantum Jump straight line only? We should be able to manoeuvre like in Elite's Supercruise."
  • "Are modifier-buttons supported, to map more functions to a HOTAS? I have modifiers in Elite."
  • Etc.
Such comparisons are very unnecessary of course. Star Citizen is the revolutionary product that other games are emulating, not the other way around.

Yeah, i've noticed the same, and i think it will only get more like this as time goes on as backers realize more and more how little they actually have and how little is actually being added.

Even funnier will be is if they ever actually release the game. Not just faithful backers, but the peons will arrive, expecting something really outstanding and discovering instead a lame duck.

SC keeps getting more and more money. Roberts feels compelled to put that money to more development with great new features. This is great, except for the fact that it keeps the game in Alpha cycle over and over and over and over....

I'd recalled that old video interview of both DB and CR soon after their successful kickstarters. DB talks about getting the game out to the backers and the public, fulfilling the technical debt. While CR looks hung over and dazed probably giddy (his first strike of gold after his prior debacles where MSFT and Hollywood had shut him out) after his successful windfall of the first millions, scheming how to make more and keep it going without necessarily releasing a game i.e. the start of CIG's slippery slope of perpetual SC alpha and whale marketing.

How spacesims that are not as true outer space scoped and modeled as ED hide their loading times as a static fullscreen distractive animation pretending to be ftl intrasystem modeled. NMS also does this.

Last edited:
…did they ever manage to build any kind of integrated bug/crash detection and -reporting tool, or is all this “testing” just more whalechumming?

Hey guys, I've played the original Elite on my Amiga 500, loved it. Played Elite 2 Frontier on my Amiga 4000, loved it. Played Wing Commander on my Amiga 500 and CD32, Played WC 3 and 4 on my mac. Been here for a while, backed the ED kickstarter (and SC), what a blast after the Elite 4 rumours, you know. Thing is, I'm enjoying ED (to bad I can't switch around from PC to PS4 and vice versa, but doesn't matter) I felt obliged to put this here before I say this:

I realy love Star Citizen and where they are going. I realy enjoy every build I've played. You guys exaggerate, seriously.

Edit: btw, I found Freelancer , I didn't like the flight model, I filled that period with Vendetta Online, If you don't know it, check it out, they are still running smooth ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, I've played the original Elite on my Amiga 500, loved it. Played Elite 2 Frontier on my Amiga 4000, loved it. Played Wing Commander on my Amiga 500 and CD32, Played WC 3 and 4 on my mac. Been here for a while, backed the ED kickstarter (and SC), what a blast after the Elite 4 rumours, you know. Thing is, I'm enjoying ED (to bad I can't switch around from PC to PS4 and vice versa, but doesn't matter) I felt obliged to put this here before I say this:

I realy love Star Citizen and where they are going. I realy enjoy every build I've played. You guys exaggerate, seriously.

Edit: btw, I found Freelancer poopoo, I didn't like the flight model, I filled that period with Vendetta Online, If you don't know it, check it out, they are still running smooth ;)
Welcome back to the forums, CMDR o7

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom