Roadmap leaked??

Wait, so if they'd responded to say it wasn't true then it wasnt true, but because they didn't respond to say it wasn't true then it is true?

Well surely nobody can argue with that logic.

Or maybe they just won't respond to it, true or not? What with them having a marketing plan which will proceed exactly as they have planned, regardless of 4chan, OA, or us.

That's like the US Govt. not denying they have a captured flying saucer in Area 21 🤷‍♂️
And those pesky scientists covering up the truth:
MJy9lyK.png

#FlatEarth

Wait, so if they'd responded to say it wasn't true then it wasnt true, but because they didn't respond to say it wasn't true then it is true?

Well surely nobody can argue with that logic.

Or maybe they just won't respond to it, true or not? What with them having a marketing plan which will proceed exactly as they have planned, regardless of 4chan, OA, or us.

This means absolutely nothing. But I see where they are coming from.
When yamiks asked about the thargoid model leak. They spoke up about it.

What they should have done was called this next leg of updates "Foundations." All pre-requisites for the New Era.

Im sure as more updates come and time goes by we'll see if these leaks mean anything or not. Its not a bad thing IMO.

I'd like them to release some info because it would probably keep people around playing. Cause right now everyone I know is basically on Standby.

Im looking forward to these Interstellar Initiatives, but if its just a buncha re-instancing and delivery, no matter how much effort they put into these things people are still just going to wait if its the same ol same ol. Hope they got a wild card up their sleeve until we reach 2020.

We know for a fact that high level misinformation does get responded to.

Also the fact that its been picked up by a news source (and one of the 2 or 3 they've worked with ever) would warrant a response.

Its amazing how you people refuse to accept you're getting space legs. As an (unfortunate) fan of frontier otherwise, its looking pretty certain if they've known about it for a week.

This means absolutely nothing. But I see where they are coming from.
When yamiks asked about the thargoid model leak. They spoke up about it.

What they should have done was called this next leg of updates "Foundations." All pre-requisites for the New Era.

Im sure as more updates come and time goes by we'll see if these leaks mean anything or not. Its not a bad thing IMO.

I'd like them to release some info because it would probably keep people around playing. Cause right now everyone I know is basically on Standby.

Im looking forward to these Interstellar Initiatives, but if its just a buncha re-instancing and delivery, no matter how much effort they put into these things people are still just going to wait if its the same ol same ol. Hope they got a wild card up their sleeve until we reach 2020.
I think the wild card will either be the carriers or ice planets update or may be both. But that just my guest.

We know for a fact that high level misinformation does get responded to.

Also the fact that its been picked up by a news source (and one of the 2 or 3 they've worked with ever) would warrant a response.

Its amazing how you people refuse to accept you're getting space legs. As an (unfortunate) fan of frontier otherwise, its looking pretty certain if they've known about it for a week.
Who is "you people"?

Who refuses to accept we're getting space legs? Certainly not me. Because something is in the supposed leak, doesn't mean it's actually a genuine leak.

Perhaps a response will come, who knows, it's the Easter holiday and there's nobody home. But pretending no response means anything other than no response is hilarious.

Who is "you people"?

Who refuses to accept we're getting space legs? Certainly not me. Because something is in the supposed leak, doesn't mean it's actually a genuine leak.

Perhaps a response will come, who knows, it's the Easter holiday and there's nobody home. But pretending no response means anything other than no response is hilarious.

Wow are you kidding? You seriously think that?

Looks like it was leaked on the 14th.. so all last week if someone had lied about their upcoming plans for the next 2 years, dropping the names of frontiers unannounced projects, and then it was picked up by one of the few news outlets they actually work with.. sorry i can't help you people. Please stop denying it.

DeletedUser191218

D
I don't believe it.
A) TT Games made Lego Star Wars Force Awakens, I doubt Frontier would get the contract. Also Lucasfilm Games Division has also started back up.
B) The Technical Artist mentioned wouldn't share even with a friend in confidence, anything covered by an NDA, it'd be more than their career's worth, they'd never be hired again in the games industry.

It's Fake. ... BUT ... that is not to say that some of the things claimed won't actually happen.

But still fake.

In my opinion.

Who cares? FD released a 'roadmap' last year. The big ticket Q4 2018 additions on said roadmap are still nowhere to be seen. Even if it's genuine, the odds of it being delivered are long at best.

All we can know with some confidence is there are other franchises in the pipeline that are being prioritised over ED, which is the only FD product I care about.

They're going to do what they're going to do. What any of us think or say is irrelevant. So speculate away, you've only yourselves to disappoint.

i think that much was obvious right from the bloody op. :ROFLMAO:

it's just chatter. for lack of anything else.

Your right there bud, just my assumptions tbh. But keep in mind Fdev have stated that ships have been designed with interiors in mind, whats to say stations haven’t also been designed the same way, so the groundwork would likely already be there for it. Initial space legs will also probably be limited to our ships, whereas Atmos would deff require more Ai forms & animations for animals/alien life and perhaps local vegetation and cloud movements due to changing atmospheric ground conditions if there is any. As for fps gameplay I’m expecting basic interaction with our environment, I don’t think anyone is hoping for COD or Halo levels of fps gameplay mechanics.
See up there ^^ somewhere for a video I posted where several staffers clearly state the ships and the stations were deliberately built with legs in mind from the begining and they can't wait to use it. What is also worth keeping in mind is all the other IP they've been working on parallel to ED eg. JWE.

So now they have experience building a dinosaur park, with realistically fleshed out reptiles, prehistoric Earth life and plant models they can deploy to other titles with minimal mucking about. If they have the mechanics right, anything that stems from that should be significantly more realistic than NMS.

Finally, there's the FPS "problem" of ballistics in zero-G, since realistic recoil mechanics are going to throw you off your feet and backwards until you meet resistance. Caution: Do not shoot yourself in the foot in 0.01G or you might achieve escape velocity and be stuck in orbit if we can't "Recall Ship".

Also, if the chair doubles up as your escape pod, what happens if you die on foot?

Edit: Look into the A10 Warthog for stall velocity when firing the Avatar (multi) canon...
Edit, edit: Quick mention on Planet Coaster assets - Themed planetary cities anyone?

Last edited:
We've reached the point in the thread were people are choosing to believe it or not based on their own personal preferences for what they want in the games future.
While completely ignoring the fact that FDev are building the game THEY want to play...

Lord Braben has stated as such many, many times if you go and dig in the dev diaries.

Top Bottom