Patch Notes Update April Update - Patch Notes

🤔 Should we believe these patch notes? I thought all information about future releases was published via 4chan these days :D
I used to think that about a simple bug fix list, never get any full lists anymore, thus why players are leaving the game behind, except the dedicated players that think nothing is wrong with it of course.!

...and there was much rejoicing (assuming the bugs are actually fixed). But 800 bug fixes one one patch does beg the question....what have you guys been doing the last 4 or 5 years?

@Daish i dunno..... it does say over 800 bug fixes, so perhaps there are a bunch in there which are not specifically mentioned. (i am hoping missing orbit lines in vr scanner is such a bug) but we all have our pet issues.

I am also hopeing there will be some major balancing of the elite rankings as i have been unable (unwilling) to play since 3.3 came out of beta because of this, which is my biggest pet hate but again, there was no mention of this in the notes either

Last edited:
For a later update, I would love to see an option to show all discoveries in a galactic region on the galactic map.
Now, we have to go to the codex and click for every single entry. That ist pretty annoying and takes much time.

Also maybe add an option to filter for star-subclasses? This helps us to find giant stars. This could be interesting for finding ELWs. ;-)
Remember this is Elite Grindness yeah....and frontier don't want to make it easy or have fun.

I used to think that about a simple bug fix list, never get any full lists anymore, thus why players are leaving the game behind, except the dedicated players that think nothing is wrong with it of course.!

Ah yes, the mythical "the only people who can enjoy the game are people who think nothing is wrong"..... please.

Remember this is Elite Grindness yeah....and frontier don't want to make it easy or have fun.

Of course they don't! The spend all day trying to make the game as bad as possible!

Their ultimate goal is to stop everyone playing of course, its obvious.

You should post more theories like this, its really interesting.

Did you know the devs stick pins in voodoo dolls of players in their lunch breaks?

Drag Pacifiers which have a high reload time can be countered with TLB, they are fixed so they can be countered by skilled use of HYS cannons, and they can be countered by overcharged screening shot Pacs which have nearly twice the sustained DPS. They can also be countered with stealth (which can in turn be countered by emissive). Long range weapons and kiting are the other obvious counter.
Oh my god please stop embarrassing yourself, drag pacifiers are not countered by TLB, first off TLB has a 5 second cooldown making that totally wrong as it is. It's also utterly wrong in that TLB even without cooldown absolutely does not counter fixed which is just hilarous. It never did pre TLB nerf and in the plasma meta let me ask you, how do you think they managed to become the dominant weapon in pvp despite having an even slower shot speed than PA's and not having a spread? Because TLB is not an effective counter.
High Yield Shell is the mod that gives extra module damage to cannons and doesn't affect fixed whatsoever, more ignorance on display, if you meant force shell you are again talking about something you do not understand whatsoever here is a video of exactly how that strategy fails horribly
Source: https://youtu.be/um9maGbHxRc

Overcharged screening shell is not a counter, having more DPS than the other weapon due to the mod is not a counter, not in the definition of a counter nor in the ingame sense. You just keep doing it, showing that you have never actually done any of this, DPS does not win that's why the meta is plasma and before it rapid fire lasers and before it multicannons, because DPS does not win.
Stealth is also not a counter due to wing hostility, it's like you have never played this game.
Long range weapons and kiting does not work in wingfights, more evidence jesus christ, please stop this hurts to read.

Of course they don't! The spend all day trying to make the game as bad as possible!

Their ultimate goal is to stop everyone playing of course, its obvious.

You should post more theories like this, its really interesting.

Did you know the devs stick pins in voodoo dolls of players in their lunch breaks?
Yep there have your pilot No & mine. But please feel free to go first.

How would a newb aford a beluga, i've been in the game years and can't afford one, unless Elite is going pay to win...

Where have you been for the last year? Credits now rain from the sky. You have noobs flying Anacondas after a week of play.

You aren't saying the current meta isn't good

That's literally 100% of what I am saying. The drag change is an imperfect solution to two major problems in the game 1) permaboost spam and 2) shield booster stacking. Shield booster stacking makes for boring slugfest defensive gameplay for large ships, and the boost meta is a problem since boost refresh is not distributed evenly. In particular small ships have a much more limited access to boost frequency, especially if they put pips to offense or defense. I know you don't think that the defense efficiency on the PD or ECM pans out compared to just stacking shield boosters, but I am hoping that Frontier tweaks these two modules if necessary so that it does. Or even better re-implements diminishing returns on boosters to make sure that it does.

The current meta is very medium ship centric. I get that this works well for you right now, but I think that's unhealthy for the game. We need more of a role for small and large ships.

Top Bottom