What happened to the FSS ?

Deleted member 38366

D
After this new Patch, my FSS is acting up badly.

• instead of maintaining the exact zoomed vector after zooming In & back out from an FSS scan, it "auto-centers' on next nearest Parent/Higher Gravity Well (?)
  • zooming in gives 1-2sec of severely discolored FSS display
Working a Gas Giant and its moons is currently rather disorienting. After zooming out, the FSS vector isn't where it's supposed to be but often somewhere else.
Same with a distant B, C, D Sun etc, the FSS almost permanently has to be manually re-positioned with upto 2 zooms back out in order to re-target the correct body :p

Am I alone with that weird issue ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 38366

D
Well, this is what I get now :
1) Centered
2) FSS into Target
3) zoomed 1 step out, falsely off-position, apparently by some average/barycentric mass of nearby Objects
(had worse examples with Gas Giants, where I almost always got auto-center on the Gas Giant)

Iv genuinely missed exploring. Hvnt been out there sinse the FSS made it more engaging, probably never will now. Everytime i see a pretty screenshot i just feel sad. :(

Sorry op i know that doesnt help you.

After this new Patch, my FSS is acting up badly.

• instead of maintaining the exact zoomed vector after zooming In & back out from an FSS scan, it "auto-centers' on next nearest Parent/Higher Gravity Well (?)
  • zooming in gives 1-2sec of severely discolored FSS display
Working a Gas Giant and its moons is currently rather disorienting. After zooming out, the FSS vector isn't where it's supposed to be but often somewhere else.
Same with a distant B, C, D Sun etc, the FSS almost permanently has to be manually re-positioned with upto 2 zooms back out in order to re-target the correct body :p

Am I alone with that weird issue ?

Same here, it's not good. :(, I'd gradually lost the motion sickness effect now it's back again because of this.

Deleted member 38366

D
Urgs...

Just tried to FSS 100k Ls distant B Sun Objects w/ a few Gas Giants and the usual Asteroid Belt clusters.... And it's a mess.
FSS jumps all over the place when zooming out.

I'm still 13k LY out but will now Neutron-Highway straight back home. That's driving me nuts, I'm done exploring until this is fixed :p

Iv genuinely missed exploring. Hvnt been out there sinse the FSS made it more engaging, probably never will now. Everytime i see a pretty screenshot i just feel sad. :(

Sorry op i know that doesnt help you.
What's actually stopping you from exploring?

Deleted member 38366

D
Issue Tracker for FSS freaking out for anyone who wants to post a me too on it:

I know some of you have a lot of disdain for the issue tracker, but it makes me feel better posting to it....my way of saying "FIX IT Gosh Darn it!!!" (paraphrasing, the actual words I am thinking would be censored)

Alright done... (cue LOTR voice) "and you have my vote"

You can honk and then fly to each body that seems interesting to get a scan.

I'm really new, but my understanding is that is how it used to be done before there was a FSS. Am I wrong?

How can you find them? Paralax? Its ok.

Edit: i used to like to go oddity hunting. Using the honk to find interesting planets and stuff. Now you have to use the FSS before you can decide if the system is interesting. Think how many systems there are.... thats why im not even going to bother amongst other complaints.

How can you explore without using it?
I've heard some people not a fan of the FSS honking (sure you have to use the FSS to honk) and then simply cruising around the system to discover the individual bodies. Use the navigation panel to help with their locations obviously.

I've heard some people not a fan of the FSS honking (sure you have to use the FSS to honk) and then simply cruising around the system to discover the the individual bodies. Use the navigation panel to help with their locations obviously.

Doesn't using the discovery scanner without even going into FSS have the same effect, i.e. you can honk without actually entering the FSS screen?

Top Bottom