PvP I've been corrupted *sigh*

I dabbled with mouse and throttle (and I don't find anything more immersive than choosing the optimal control setup practical), and while it certainly improved my fine aim, especially with FA Off, I didn't find it to be an overall advantage, due the number of control inputs I lost on the mouse. Even the twenty button MMO mouse I tried still wasn't quite as useful as a decent stick.

Maybe if I cobble together some frankenmouse, that I can still grip correctly, with three hat switches I'll give it another go as primary controls.

I actually am using a MMO Razer Naga mouse from my World of Warcraft days. X is Yaw, Y is Pitch, and left and right click are roll left and roll right. I find that that the mouse has more than enough inputs; it's just that they are not shaped or placed optimally. In addition, one needs to be able to use different combinations of the inputs at the same time. For instance, my mouse has 12 buttons on the side that I use for boost, primary fire and a bunch of different pip distributions. The propriosensory manipulation of 12 similarly shaped little buttons can be frustrating. In addition, one sometimes wants to fire two of the 12 buttons at the same time like boost and a pip distribution. One way I have partially solved this is to put thick rubber stickers on some of the buttons. Another is to have the same task be performable on the throttle. The thumb has far too many buttons to manipulate and my pinky, which could easily manipulate 2 inputs, is wasted.

I love your concept of a Frankenmouse. I may kluge something for my pinky to do. Or better yet, ask my husband to.

:)

I actually am using a MMO Razer Naga mouse from my World of Warcraft days. X is Yaw, Y is Pitch, and left and right click are roll left and roll right. I find that that the mouse has more than enough inputs; it's just that they are not shaped or placed optimally. In addition, one needs to be able to use different combinations of the inputs at the same time. For instance, my mouse has 12 buttons on the side that I use for boost, primary fire and a bunch of different pip distributions. The propriosensory manipulation of 12 similarly shaped little buttons can be frustrating. In addition, one sometimes wants to fire two of the 12 buttons at the same time like boost and a pip distribution. One way I have partially solved this is to put thick rubber stickers on some of the buttons. Another is to have the same task be performable on the throttle. The thumb has far too many buttons to manipulate and my pinky, which could easily manipulate 2 inputs, is wasted.

I love your concept of a Frankenmouse. I may kluge something for my pinky to do. Or better yet, ask my husband to.

:)
Sadly, your mouse/throttle setup (which makes some sense to me (don't groan: NMS ship is mouse controlled currently, and works fine because of keyboard control) as it is 'natural') doesn't work for a 'lefty' like me, more is the shame :)

ETA: VR doesn't help with k/b control much either :)

I found the video of the encounter, and it's older than I thought. In fact, it's so old (early November 2014) that it's not technically my current CMDR as the last forced reset was at the end of the Betas, prior to Gamma at the end of that month.
He's legit. Turned the other cheek.

what I deduce from this thread is... A wing jumps a vulture because it has a KWS, take note noobs, never fit a KWS in open.

what I deduce from this thread is... A wing jumps a vulture because it has a KWS, take note noobs, never fit a KWS in open.

The Vulture in question was in Colonia. That's 22,000 light years away from starter space. In other words there are no "noobs" in Colonia.

Furthermore KWS are a direct threat to our preferred faction where this incident occurred. Outside of our system? Rock a KWS all you like.

"Never fit a KWS in open" is hilariously overblown fear mongering.

The Vulture in question was in Colonia. That's 22,000 light years away from starter space. In other words there are no "noobs" in Colonia.

Furthermore KWS are a direct threat to our preferred faction where this incident occurred. Outside of our system? Rock a KWS all you like.

"Never fit a KWS in open" is hilariously overblown fear mongering.
Or trolling.

If you didn't have a KWS they'd kill you because you have a wake scanner, failing that because your ship is a provocative color, or maybe because it is Tuesday. They'll come up with the lamest reasons to murder you. Doubt that? Consider this: I've people on this forum who want to murder me because I've been trash talking them for 2 months!

Isn't that crazy?

The PvP forum on this site is full of sociopaths.
If you'd like to know more, drink this and meet me behind that beat up van.... yes, the one with the duct tape over the windows.

If you didn't have a KWS they'd kill you because you have a wake scanner, failing that because your ship is a provocative color, or maybe because it is Tuesday. They'll come up with the lamest reasons to murder you. Doubt that? Consider this: I've people on this forum who want to murder me because I've been trash talking them for 2 months!

Isn't that crazy?

If you'd like to know more, drink this and meet me behind that beat up van.... yes, the one with the duct tape over the windows.

As long as you've got Rush's YYZ blasting let's ride!

Isn't that crazy?

As is evidenced by the one dude's statement "come into our system with a KWS and you're toast", "but -but I'm just passing through", "DIE".

Yep, these guys and gals assume that many folks who are disinterested in Open haven't been there, WRONG, many speak from experience
I tried Jameson several times over a period of months, in one session I was killed 14 times, and I didn't have a KWS fitted, must have been the colour of my ship, or the "secret handshake" which I failed to initiate. The senseless mindless engagements made me rethink Open. If one wants to minimise exposure to the sociopaths one has to find a quiet corner in the universe rendering open pointless. I'd rather be where I want to be in Solo.

My experience of PvP in Open is it's a endless boring jousting fest, a drawn out "pew pew" session against heavily engineered humans instead of NPC's.

As is evidenced by the one dude's statement "come into our system with a KWS and you're toast", "but -but I'm just passing through", "DIE".

Yep, these guys and gals assume that many folks who are disinterested in Open haven't been there, WRONG, many speak from experience
I tried Jameson several times over a period of months, in one session I was killed 14 times, and I didn't have a KWS fitted, must have been the colour of my ship, or the "secret handshake" which I failed to initiate. The senseless mindless engagements made me rethink Open. If one wants to minimise exposure to the sociopaths one has to find a quiet corner in the universe rendering open pointless. I'd rather be where I want to be in Solo.

My experience of PvP in Open is it's a endless boring jousting fest, a drawn out "pew pew" session against heavily engineered humans instead of NPC's.

The fact you're comparing Shinrarta to Carcosa betrays how little you know.

Cool, then stay in solo. What are you doing coming in here complaining then if solo is the mode for you?
I fly into Jameson almost every day with no issue what-so-ever and I'm on more KOS lists than you could shake a stick at, so either you're dramatically over exaggerating or you've made a lot of people mad and don't know how to high wake. Either way you're full of poo and you're in the mode where you probably belong. Sorry to be so harsh but maybe this game isn't for you.

Last edited:

This dude here wants to answer you a bit more detailed.

A KWS usually isn't a death sentence (by the way, no one died, I'm a scrub...), we're not the CODE.
In this special case, as I already explained the situation was as following:
  • we wanted to oust the ruling faction of Carcosa
  • anyone handing in bounties in the system would've undermined that
  • any CMDR in this special circumstance running a KWS was a target
  • we talked to the CMDR (or rather Kari did, I was shooting first :LOL:) and got no answer
  • in another instance, I also shot the CMDR after talking to him, after that we talked and I found out he was just running missions and I convinced him to run missions for out faction instead of the others.
For me that's real emergent gameplay, not mindless ganking.

As I wrote somewhere else in the thread, now that we're settled in Carcosa, it is one of the safest Anarchies in the game, we're no gankers, we're CMDRs with a mission.
We bring new impulses to Colonia and try our best to enrich the small community there.
For now, our results have been:
  • we brought an Anarchy to Colonia (love it or hate it, but it's cool)
  • we brought Fed and Alliance ships to Colonia (with the exception of the Corvette)

So in my view, we're a net plus, and we did all that completely in open.

A word of advice: if you get killed 14 times in a single session in open, something with your tactics or build is severly off.
Just ask anyone of us here or in your own thread about it, I'm sure we can help you. I can imagine getting killed 14 times is no fun at all, and it's totally
unnecessary. So ping us and we'll help...

A word of advice: if you get killed 14 times in a single session in open, something with your tactics or build is severly off.
My Rank ~Dangerous; Status ~Clean; Chieftan Hull Tank no shields; Intention ~ to grind the Haz-Res for rank in open; When engaged I fight to the end, no hi-wake. All Pvp'ers were Eite combat; of the 14 mindless interdictions and enggaements, only 4 stopped firing when my hull wat down to 20%, (very nice of them). I self destructed several times due to modules being targeted rendering me helpless, low O2 and blown canopy, easier to self destruct.

On one occassion I was jumped by two Elite PvP'ers outside the station's fire zone, my hull lasted well and I was able to flee to safety.
I was complemented once by a Elite PvP'er who stopped shooting after he'd reduced my hull to 20%, his words "hi tbh OK", I assume he was complementing me for my endurance, or something... Most of these encounters deteriorated into exercises in boring jousting, it proved to me that my build was inappropriate for Open PvP, my play style is such that I like no shields, butt... there's always a butt, why interdict me, why intentionally pick a fight, is it because I'm shieldless, because my rank is dangerous and I'm playing in the big boys yard ?. It's a mystery mon.

Soooo I'm back in Solo happily doing my thing without the interdiction's and mindless, pointless, boring, combat.

Just ask anyone of us here or in your own thread about it, I'm sure we can help you. I can imagine getting killed 14 times is no fun at all, and it's totally unnecessary. So ping us and we'll help...
Thanks for the offer but I'm not interested in Open, Chase NPC's in Open, Chase NPC's in Solo, same same without the agro.

Last edited:
My Rank ~Dangerous; Status ~Clean; Chieftan Hull Tank no shields; Intention ~ to grind the Haz-Res for rank in open; When engaged I fight to the end, no hi-wake. All Pvp'ers were Eite combat; of the 14 mindless interdictions and enggaements, only 4 stopped firing when my hull wat down to 20%, (very nice of them). I self destructed several times due to modules being targeted rendering me helpless, low O2 and blown canopy, easier to self destruct.

On one occassion I was jumped by two Elite PvP'ers outside the station's fire zone, my hull lasted well and I was able to flee to safety.
I was complemented once by a Elite PvP'er who stopped shooting after he'd reduced my hull to 20%, his words "hi tbh OK", I assume he was complementing me for my endurance, or something... Most of these encounters deteriorated into exercises in boring jousting, it proved to me that my build was inappropriate for Open PvP, my play style is such that I like no shields, butt... there's always a butt, why interdict me, why intentionally pick a fight, is it because I'm shieldless, because my rank is dangerous and I'm playing in the big boys yard ?. It's a mystery mon.

Soooo I'm back in Solo happily doing my thing without the interdiction's and mindless, pointless, boring, combat.

Thanks for the offer but I'm not interested in Open, Chase NPC's in Open, Chase NPC's in Solo, same same without the agro.
If you grind rank in a hulltank chief in a HazRes I guess you need more advice then you think ;)

Combat rank means absolutely nothing. I'm master rank and can decimate most elite ranked pilots and my buddy Affliction is competent ranked and is considered a top tier pvper and has defeated some of the best pvpers on Xbox. I'll say it again, COMBAT RANK MEANS NOTHING!

If you grind rank in a hulltank chief in a HazRes I guess you need more advice then you think ;)
I'm successful against any NPC in a Haz-Rez, Elite FDL no problem, I stack pirate missions >2mil and always come home with tons of Hull, my canopy though needs a AFMU to survive multiple encounters.

I for got to mention that one of PvP'ers said, and I quote "I'll hound you outta this system you noob".,

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom