Elite: Dangerous is seriously underrated

So I must ask, why come to these forums to shovel **** on the game if you're not playing it and not enjoying it?
If I don't like a game or grow tired of it, i don't continue to visit it's forums and degrade a positive thread created by someone who's clearly still enjoying the game.
You dont get to decide whether or not i visit the forums. I bought the game and i have the privilege of expressing myself on these forums the same as anyone who paid money for elite dangerous.

Tho i do admit seeing white knights indignant response to justified criticism of the game gives me a chuckle, reason enough to vist the forum :)

Last edited:
Seriously underrated ?
From my newb perspective the game is still a Demo version. I finished newb protected area and left the game... as I have no idea what to do next. All missions became repetitive as I already saved a bulk of money and fully upgraded my Viper MK3. I really enjoyed graphics and immersion as i play on VR... but still I can't find a motivation to keep playing the game.
I believe if developers would allow moders to create the content for the game this would be a much better game.

Im sorry but I have to say, who are you? why are you here? you obviously don't like the game or play it.. an empty sandbox are you actually saying those words.. its not random at all, I can go to the same places over and over again, the map is real, its big and theres a billion things going on all at once like a real universe.. you just do not know what elite is..

Most of us don't know what Elite is therefore we come to forums to see if anyone found what it is and tells us too.

Despite all of its shortcomings and the ENDLESS saltiness. I keep coming back and falling in love with it all over again. The game is huge! Its going yo be buggy!

But id rather have this than forever waiting for Starcitizen (which will be just as bugged to ****)
Probably more so seeing as they're being even more ambitious with that one.....

Seriously underrated ?
From my newb perspective the game is still a Demo version. I finished newb protected area and left the game... as I have no idea what to do next. All missions became repetitive as I already saved a bulk of money and fully upgraded my Viper MK3. I really enjoyed graphics and immersion as i play on VR... but still I can't find a motivation to keep playing the game.
I believe if developers would allow moders to create the content for the game this would be a much better game.
Elite isn't a progression type of game, it's a sandbox game. That means you'll have to find out for yourself what to do.
Here's a career chart to help you with:

nZzsZ8D.jpg

Seriously underrated ?
Not sure that's a good idea. I modded Skyrim and that resulted in a helluva lot more crashes and a weird black mark on all the female characters necks..... I shudder to think what it would do to this game!

Well I'm with the OP, i really enjoy Elite since day 1 of playing it.
Is it perfect? No. No game ever is.
Could there be more content? Sure, but it's a BIG galaxy. I can't imagine what is involved in trying to integrate anything into it from a development perspective.

It all comes down to why you play Elite. I love space, astronomy, astrophysics and Sci-Fi novels. Being able to fly through a massive galaxy and see things I can't normally see is amazing. Some of the stations remind me of those i read about in novels as well as a few other aspects. Can I mix up a bit of mining, trading and combat when I'm not just happy exploring? Yes. That's enough for me.

If you don't like it. If you don't enjoy it. Log off, uninstall and be done with it. Stop trying to be sad little children sapping enjoyment from others who do appreciate it.
Yep I imagine all the negative Nancies looking like Colin Robinson from the "What We Do In The Shadows" TV show. They certainly sound like him!

You dont get to decide whether or not i visit the forums. I bought the game and i have the privilege of expressing myself on these forums the same as anyone who paid money for elite dangerous.

Tho i do admit seeing white knights indignant response to justified criticism of the game gives me a chuckle, reason enough to vist the forum :)
You're a bit like Loki from those Marvel movies....

well, since PaxtonNewt asked this

The game is actually more random than anything since it's procedural generated.

i guess Sunleader is a bit more enlighten on the devs process or regular update or general information in Elite since participating in the forums tend to give you more info than just playing the game. Also pointing out that "you obviously don't like the game" is a redundant and tiresome argument.
And saying to someone that have posted more than 4000 messages don't know what elite is..well
Well, I post a lot of messages and I still know <no> all about this game!

Sunleader Joined Aug 11, 2014 / 4,050 Messages
PaxtonNewt Joined Mar 18, 2019 / 91 Messages
I seem to remember something about the empty vessel making the most noise....

Yes, because becoming a hermit and drifting ceaselessly in Supercruise or being sat docked in a station staring at a wall is truly underrated.

The missions are so mind-blowing and immersive and the rewards are boundless. Hundreds of paint packs and other goodies to work your way towards unlocking make the game so motivating.

Oh wait...

I never said you weren't allowed in the forums.
I was simply questioning why you have to try and ruin other peoples enjoyment in things.

I never said you weren't allowed in the forums.
I was simply questioning why you have to try and ruin other peoples enjoyment in things.
I think it's cute when they stay; there's a few of them who quit playing years ago and still lurk around shaking salt. Like a reverse team mascot, really. Personally I'd probably just go play one of the hundreds of other games available, but Elite: Forum is actually pretty good independent of the spaceship stuff.

Top Bottom