Patch Notes Update April Update - Patch 2

I can't speak to the problems accessing the issue tracker just after the launch of the updated website, as I had immediate access (at least as far as I can tell). I can tell you though that the previous system of bug tracking (i.e. the bug threads) didn't really work as not enough people would post their bug reports there, opting instead to create threads about them in the general thread sections.

At least with the dedicated issue tracker this process is somewhat more formalized.

The confirmation process (i.e. more people "voting" for a bug) is intended to prioritize issues for fixing, not to let small bugs slide through the cracks. But if only one person suffers from a particular bug and a whole host of people suffer from another bug, then it would be wise to prioritize the bugs in such a way that the major impactors are dealt with sooner. As much as I wished that Old Duck "elephant butt leather" issue would be resolved, I think that the VSS bugging out was slightly more impactful and more urgent to resolve than some cockpit shadow render issue that doesn't break the game.
Of course, using an typical issue tracker is the best way to deal with software bugs and feature requests. And of course it is recommended to prioritize the issues for the named reasons by you. So, the issue tracker is really fine, now I can access it. They only have to look after all issues. Issues that are allready older should gain priority over time and they need the possibility to indicate duplicates by the FDev and by users. Yes, it looks like the issue tracker is not completely done at this time compared to industrial standards/issue trackers from certain companies.

There are a lot of duplicates and "non-bug" bug reports as well. FDEV should do a cleanup action to merge the duplicates and remove the "non-bug" reports. That makes the issue tracking process a lot easier and more clear going forwards. As someone who inherited the issue database used by a former group of mine (before it became my former group), which contained a serious amount of Change Requests, I always made sure that we would resolve or remove the Problem Reports as soon as possible (removed if they could not be recreated at our site as solving bugs that can't be recreated is an impossible task). But we could have really done with a cleanup of the parked CR's as well. Because let's face it: Change Requests that will never be implemented might just as well be reported back to their submitters as such and then removed. There is no use to keep those clogging up your issue tracker.

Yeah I feel like they should think of some more statuses for Issue Tracker.
Another example is that many people mix Issue Tracker with reporting a ticket - and post their own personal issues as a bugs - FDev didnt try to clarify that and now there is a lot of things like "I bought a game on steam and it didnt shown up in my library" and such reports posted as a separate bugs. But FDev dont go and mark those as invalid or even reply to them in any way which from the outside looks like they just abandoned Issue Tracker almost completely.

Yeah I feel like they should think of some more statuses for Issue Tracker.
Another example is that many people mix Issue Tracker with reporting a ticket - and post their own personal issues as a bugs - FDev didnt try to clarify that and now there is a lot of things like "I bought a game on steam and it didnt shown up in my library" and such reports posted as a separate bugs. But FDev dont go and mark those as invalid or even reply to them in any way which from the outside looks like they just abandoned Issue Tracker almost completely.

Yeah, that doesn't help, the posting of things that the customer support team should deal with on a per customer basis that are not genuine game bugs. Those should be filtered out daily, transferred to the customer support team (with a notification of this fact to the person who entered this "non-issue" and removed from the issue tracker. That would reduce the number of issues tremendously

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Hello Ozric,

Could we please have some indication of when you envisage the Exploration/Codex bugs that were not introduced with the last patch, will be fixed?

We don't have any ETA on fixes for additional bugs regarding Exploration or the Codex at the moment.

Does this mean that all of the previous Codex entries remained intact in the end?

Yep! All previous Codex entries remained intact.

Guardian Sites Causing game to hang on exiting To main menu /Desktop?
Canopy Integrity reduction to 15 revert When? And why was this even implemented, canopies already bursted too fast, we need a buff not a damn nerf.

Flak Cannon VFX Abscent?
Shutdown field neutralizer endless beeping fix?
Phantom Thargoid scouts?

We need the real game breaking bugs to be fixed.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Canopy Integrity reduction to 15 revert When? And why was this even implemented, canopies already bursted too fast, we need a buff not a damn nerf.

Perhaps you should read this, it is quite old now.

Hello everyone,

Firstly, thank you for your reports and your feedback. The canopy used to break when it was at 50% integrity, however, we have fixed this so it correctly breaks at 0% integrity bringing it in line with all the other modules.

Therefore, to maintain the canopy’s current functionality, we halved its integrity. This means that the canopy should be reacting in the same way as before the April Update.
We’ve tested internally and found this to be the case, however, if there are any instances where you are seeing an issue, please let us know.

Perhaps you should read this, it is quite old now.
This sounds like the most backwards fix i've seen yet.
So instead of fixing the canopy to not break at 50% they just halved it so it breaks at 15 instead?
Or am i understanding this wrong?

Can live with that though, we need the more game breaking bugs fixed.
missing VFX/Sound bugs/Relog bugs that we have now should be unacceptable! Hell Open volunteering spots, let us sort through the Issue tracker garbage to at least confirm its an ingame issue.

I would do it for free, just fix the damn bugs!

This sounds like the most backwards fix i've seen yet.
So instead of fixing the canopy to not break at 50% they just halved it so it breaks at 15 instead?
Or am i understanding this wrong?

Can live with that though, we need the more game breaking bugs fixed.
missing VFX/Sound bugs/Relog bugs that we have now should be unacceptable! Hell Open volunteering spots, let us sort through the Issue tracker garbage to at least confirm its an ingame issue.

I would do it for free, just fix the damn bugs!
Integrity was basically the same all the time but the value was displayed incorrectly.

Another example is that many people mix Issue Tracker with reporting a ticket - and post their own personal issues as a bugs - FDev didnt try to clarify that and now there is a lot of things like "I bought a game on steam and it didnt shown up in my library" and such reports posted as a separate bugs.
I don't see why they didn't call it bug tracker. Perhaps they felt that the word "bug" was too negative but for me the word "issue" is much more negative.

There is no mention of how to raise a support ticket, there is not even a link to the support website at the bottom, which I just find bizarre. On the support website the "report a bug" link still takes you to the forum bug section! It's as if the two sites are owned by two different departments neither of which ever talk to each other.

I don't see why they didn't call it bug tracker. Perhaps they felt that the word "bug" was too negative but for me the word "issue" is much more negative.

There is no mention of how to raise a support ticket, there is not even a link to the support website at the bottom, which I just find bizarre. On the support website the "report a bug" link still takes you to the forum bug section! It's as if the two sites are owned by two different departments neither of which ever talk to each other.
Last week I used this: https://support.frontier.co.uk/login.php?page=contact

Top Bottom