Patch Notes Update April Update - Patch 2

On PS4, it is absolutely game-breaking. I am currently trying to complete the full FSS scan for 25 Chi Capricorni and literally every time I try to scan this one planet, the bug activates. I exit FSS, go back to scan the planet, get the bug again. I switch to another planet, bug again. So I can only scan 75% of this system and will never be able to get more of it. So at least that section of the game (fully scanning systems and making exploration progress and income) is fully broken.
There are no bugs in the PS4 version of Elite Dangerous. You probably have a bad GPU or ants in the PSU or malware on your CPU. Or perhaps your router is dirty...

This sounds like the most backwards fix i've seen yet.
So instead of fixing the canopy to not break at 50% they just halved it so it breaks at 15 instead?
Or am i understanding this wrong?

Canopies which used to start at 30 and fail at 15 now start at 15 and fail at 0, so they take the same amount of damage to fail it just looks worse to the people who ever bothered to look at those figures.

i really hope that you're joking, because its entirely game breaking especially when you're out of the bubble with the sole intention of scanning planets (graphics issues, blank screen, and the system and FSS screen turning sideways) . most of the time exiting and going back into the FSS does not "fix it"

Exactly what I thought. If you are out there to explore like I do, you want to map the entire star system. Having a bug keeping you from doing that is really at least a big annoyance.
I found out some workaround for the effect that kept me going and which I shared, but having FD finally fix it is way better. Took long enough, though.
More patches, more soon, please.

Navigation Panel

What about the 1 jump remaining bug since they made the font bigger in the last patch?

fu5F976.jpg

does the "Coflict Zone despawning fix" fix that CZ's entirely bug-out and run indefinitely (get infinite NPC participant respawns and no goal completions anymore) whenever a Capital Ship has been defeated? or that Capital Ships are always immediately hostile towards everyone simultaneously (friend and foe alike)? these bugs entirely break the otherwise quite awesome High-Intensity CZ's the last major update introduced whenever at least one participating faction is Fed./ Imp. aligned - i haven't checked if these two bugs are still live in a while, but since no patchnote since mentioned a fix to this massive issue in Elite Dangerous i assume these two bugs are still alive and kicking?

Obviously the solution to that is to buy more accounts. If you're not buying multiple copies of the game and installing the game multiple times on the same computer then you're not a true fan and have no right to complain.
Indeed! Very little point in playing Elite if you’re not organised. Being organised means not putting eggs in a single basket and having multiple narratives. Only fools would not have that covered. After all, it’s not rocket cookery.

On PS4, it is absolutely game-breaking. I am currently trying to complete the full FSS scan for 25 Chi Capricorni and literally every time I try to scan this one planet, the bug activates. I exit FSS, go back to scan the planet, get the bug again. I switch to another planet, bug again. So I can only scan 75% of this system and will never be able to get more of it. So at least that section of the game (fully scanning systems and making exploration progress and income) is fully broken.

You need to fly closer to the target, then it will scan correctly. I have been in a number of systems where it is impossible to scan, in every single case moving closer to the target resolved the issue. Yes it's not ideal, but it's not a game breaker, it's just inconvenient. In fact with the old ADS you had to fly to them to get the DSS anyway, and a lot of people are asking for the old ADS back, so this is just a minor issue. Fly closer, it will work once the bodies being scanned are separated by a larger distance.

Since the bug cropped up there is not a single system I have managed a full scan.

Greetings Commanders,

We're aiming to roll-out a patch for all platforms on Tuesday 14 May at 10:00 AM (UTC) to implement a couple of bug fixes and address issues with the FSS (crashing when using the FSS, as well as graphical display and camera re-positioning issues).

We will update this thread with final times/dates as well as patch notes at the start of next week.

Thank you for your understanding.

Please find the full patch notes below:

Cockpit
  • Cockpit cracking effects are now triggered on the new thresholds, meaning they appear at the correct time
Crashes/Stability
  • Fixed crash that could occur when entering an AX Conflict Zone
  • Fixed crash that could occur when using the FSS
Exploration
  • Fixed issue that caused intermediate zoom levels to incorrectly reposition away from the body that was zoomed in on
  • Fixed issue that caused FSS view to break (UI misplaced and rendering issues)
  • Fixed White Dwarf classes DC, DCV, DO, DOV, and DQ codex entries pointing to incorrect classes in the galaxy
  • White Dwarf Codex discoveries have been switched back on (once the patch is live)
Navigation Panel
  • Fixed "has appropriate landing pads" being set to false (in the Navigation Tab popup box) when it is in fact true
Server Fixes (since April Update - Patch 1)
  • Fixed local news articles not displaying at many markets
  • Fixed some Conflict Zones not despawning correctly

Well done Guys !!!

I don't know the codebase, but surely, it should be as simple as "if(Planet.isMapped) { renderGridOverlay() }"...
If you look at the navigation panel when this bug occurs and the "isMapped" indicator in the planet details, the problem appears to be that Planet.isMapped() returns the wrong answer in various cases.

Oddly, the system map screen gets it right.

You need to fly closer to the target, then it will scan correctly. I have been in a number of systems where it is impossible to scan, in every single case moving closer to the target resolved the issue. Yes it's not ideal, but it's not a game breaker, it's just inconvenient. In fact with the old ADS you had to fly to them to get the DSS anyway, and a lot of people are asking for the old ADS back, so this is just a minor issue. Fly closer, it will work once the bodies being scanned are separated by a larger distance.

Since the bug cropped up there is not a single system I have managed a full scan.
Precisely!...they don’t know they’re born these young’ns! During the “O what a Lovely War” de dum, de dum de, “game breaker” indeed!

Top Bottom