PvP Harassing Deciat Gankers

When he ran crimes on it's possible the gankers left annoyed. Happened to me more then once shrugs
Running crimes-on in a build that cripples, but doesn't destroy, is probably the most annoying thing to do to a ganker at Farseer's anyway. Since he's wanted there he won't be able to dock and repair, leaving him with an irritating round trip to go and get fixed and come back. A rebuy is just credits.

Running crimes-on in a build that cripples, but doesn't destroy, is probably the most annoying thing to do to a ganker at Farseer's anyway. Since he's wanted there he won't be able to dock and repair, leaving him with an irritating round trip to go and get fixed and come back. A rebuy is just credits.

I was already wanted, I don't or can't dock long before anyone shows up to "annoy" me.

As a sidebar, I really dont like the mamba as a concept.

Im dreading the day when it becomes the staple go to for CG murder hobos, as it'll probably be the death bell for small ship blockade runners.
When I went on hiatus back when the forums got unnecessarily altered, everyone was saying the Mamba was no good. Did something change, or did people just finally warm up to it?

The Replicated Man

T
When I went on hiatus back when the forums got unnecessarily altered, everyone was saying the Mamba was no good. Did something change, or did people just finally warm up to it?
It's "Ok" but nothing special.

It's a great "Ganking" ship as you can slap a bunch of Frags and a strong shield with boosters on it. Other than that the ship is Meh IMO

Goose4291

Banned
I'm not sure whether I should keep the Mamba around as a pursuit vessel or just convert it to an armed explorer. Seems to work well enough as part of a wing, but in a straight up fight it's mostly a lackluster combination of a Krait and FDL.

Not convinced it's a major threat to blockade runners dither, due to it's modest maneuverability. It can certainly keep them in mass lock slightly longer if they run in a strait line, but without support it's not a big threat to an evasive flyer.

That's exactly the nightmare scenario I'm concerned about facing. A two man FDL/Mamba paring is going to either be able to keep you masslocked long enough to kill you, or out turn you if you try to stay close.

I think boost and highwake might be the only trick left with such a situation.

Might have to get the blueprints for my 'battle cattle' type 9 out.

Not really. It's just got the high speed to keep a runner in mass lock for a decent length of time.

It's "Ok" but nothing special.

It's a great "Ganking" ship as you can slap a bunch of Frags and a strong shield with boosters on it. Other than that the ship is Meh IMO
Which frags? If you have a build you would care to share, I would be much obliged. Thank you, Replicant.

:)

The Replicated Man

T
What do you put in the huge with this frag build of yours?
Uhhhhh. Not my build Krash Lol!
I've just seen many run it and they usually just slap a large frag in the Class 4 slot :p

HD Stacked Frag Mamba? YUCK!!!! :p

That's exactly the nightmare scenario I'm concerned about facing. A two man FDL/Mamba paring is going to either be able to keep you masslocked long enough to kill you, or out turn you if you try to stay close.

I think boost and highwake might be the only trick left with such a situation.

Might have to get the blueprints for my 'battle cattle' type 9 out.

Not really. It's just got the high speed to keep a runner in mass lock for a decent length of time.
Ah, bummer. I hadn’t finished engineering mine when I took a break so I haven’t really used it yet. I’m only setting it up for PvE, though.

The Replicated Man

T
Which frags? If you have a build you would care to share, I would be much obliged. Thank you, Replicant.

:)
I don't run this build, as I am not a mamba guy, but It's usually 3 Large Frags and 2 small ones. Grade 5 Overcharged. 2 Large Incendiary, 1 Large Screening Shell or Dazzle, 1 Small Drag and 1 Small Corrosive.

6 Boosters. 4 HD 1 Thermal and 1 Resistant Augmented with all Super Capacitors
5A Prismatic Grade 5 Reinforced with High Cap
All Hull under that (2500ish) and a C1 Interdictor

It's strong, and good for ramming, but has no passive regen.

When attacked by a ganker I try to self-destruct before they murder me.
I've not successfully done that yet, but once perfected I'm sure they'll find it annoying.

Self destruct is a 30sec countdown? You'll need some decent engineering to survive that long my friend.

Top Bottom