Of course, Fernweh is the German for Wanderlust, so if we take the DW toast, and put it through the same process, but use the German variant of the cyper and then pop it into Google Translate, you get:

"It is the nlbic acid glycol sulphate onsd juice kvylve kj nfprkeiz! I'm not a fan of this movie, so wzear vk xyr ziluijg rspi! Xyr leyjrk'f cvpjj, liquid pvaii'f ssl, fru gje fjeiaern tj fhn zhlesbjh ojeigo. Xv Weokhe!"

Interesting that some of it translates. Probably coincidence.....or maybe we are on the right lines, but just not quite there?

I'm not convinced that Raxxla is obfuscated by anything as simple as a cipher on the Codex (and honestly, I'd be hugely disappointed if it was).

We were told there would be no clues, and yet here we are, trying desperately to find clues.

I'm not convinced that Raxxla is obfuscated by anything as simple as a cipher on the Codex (and honestly, I'd be hugely disappointed if it was).

We were told there would be no clues, and yet here we are, trying desperately to find clues.
It down to interpretation. I interpret "There will be no clues" as in....This will be nothing like the rift mystery. There will be no in-game beacons telling us to "go here, go there". The codex gives us clues, in some way or another. If it doesn't, then we might as well close this thread and go back to hauling freight between systems :)

I am not suggesting that a simple cypher will be the answer. I am wondering if a simple cypher will give us a piece of thread to pull.

It down to interpretation. I interpret "There will be no clues" as in....This will be nothing like the rift mystery. There will be no in-game beacons telling us to "go here, go there". The codex gives us clues, in some way or another. If it doesn't, then we might as well close this thread and go back to hauling freight between systems :)

I am not suggesting that a simple cypher will be the answer. I am wondering if a simple cypher will give us a piece of thread to pull.
This thread and our collective efforts MUST work on the following principles:

Raxxla exists (confirmed)
Raxxla can be discovered
Raxxla is a complex, multi-step puzzle, there is not just a random planet in the middle of the void that can be stumbled across by accident, on somebody 3 weeks into the game.

Otherwise, whats the point?

The "cypher is the start" theory may be right, or it may be wrong, just like smallest(all, all-1) of the theories on this thread. But isn't wisdom of the masses, and bouncing ideas off each other, the whole idea of the last 43x pages?

:)

The thing is, the Codex arrived in 3.3, but Raxxla has been in-game since gamma - so whatever the mechanism for finding Raxxla is doesn't require the information from the Codex. Therefore, anything in the Codex that is intended to assist in finding Raxxla - anything that gives us a thread to pull - is by definition a clue.

The thing is, the Codex arrived in 3.3, but Raxxla has been in-game since gamma - so whatever the mechanism for finding Raxxla is doesn't require the information from the Codex. Therefore, anything in the Codex that is intended to assist in finding Raxxla - anything that gives us a thread to pull - is by definition a clue.
If the codex was not intended to give us a starting point, then why add it?
It was added because it's not a puzzle if you don't have a starting point....its a go and search 400 billion systems...Good luck.

Once again, if there is not a staring point then this entire thread (and the game) are a total waste of eveybodies personal investment and Fdev have badly let us down. I rather not believe that. I rather keep having fun

Raxxla can be discovered
Raxxla is a complex, multi-step puzzle, there is not just a random planet in the middle of the void that can be stumbled across by accident, on somebody 3 weeks into the game.

I'm not convinced that point 3 is necessarily true - nothing that FDev have said has indicated that there is a 'multi-step puzzle' involved in finding Raxxla (and indeed 'There will be no clues' suggests that it isn't). That's not to say there aren't requirements that need to be met in order for a player to find Raxxla, but I don't expect meeting any of those requirements to trigger a message saying "Congratulations, you're one step closer to Raxxla" - at least until ALL the requirements have been met.

It was added because it's not a puzzle if you don't have a starting point....its a go and search 400 billion systems...Good luck.

Once again, if there is not a staring point then this entire thread (and the game) are a total waste of eveybodies personal investment and Fdev have badly let us down. I rather not believe that. I rather keep having fun
Ot of interest, if you believe there is no starting point other than search every system, then why are YOU wasting YOUR time on a Raxxla thread? Just trolling?

The Raxxla Codex entry is (imo) simply to introduce new players to the existence of the mystery - in the same way that it introduces them to the existence of the Thargoids and Guardians.

Ot of interest, if you believe there is no starting point other than search every system, then why are YOU wasting YOUR time on a Raxxla thread? Just trolling?

I believe there are things that commanders need to do in order to 'unlock' (not necessarily talking about a permit here) Raxxla. I'm on this thread to see whether anyone has any ideas of what those things might be - you know, like the old Dark Wheel missions.
I don't believe there is an easter egg hunt launched from a clue in information released 4 years after Raxxla was added to the game.

The Raxxla Codex entry is (imo) simply to introduce new players to the existence of the mystery - in the same way that it introduces them to the existence of the Thargoids and Guardians.
There is a big difference. Guardian/thargoid entries not written as cryptic clues. I assume you think the DW codex entry is fluff also?

Again, that's fine. I have no issue with different opinions. I just don't understand why you would be on a Raxxla thread. I don't believe in ghosts...so guess what...I don't participate in ghost hunting forums. I don't go trolling their boards and telling them it's all a big waste of time.

There is a big difference. Guardian/thargoid entries not written as cryptic clues. I assume you think the DW codex entry is fluff also?

Again, that's fine. I have no issue with different opinions. I just don't understand why you would be on a Raxxla thread. I don't believe in ghosts...so guess what...I don't participate in ghost hunting forums. I don't go trolling their boards and telling them it's all a big waste of time.

The Raxxla Codex entry is a list of cryptic clues, because that's all we've ever had about Raxxla - and it explicitly states that everything is just rumors.

Here's two questions for you to answer:

1. Why add clues in v3.3 and not previously?
2. How will people running a localized version of ED decode an encrypted clue when the text is completely different?

The Raxxla Codex entry is a list of cryptic clues, because that's all we've ever had about Raxxla - and it explicitly states that everything is just rumors.

2. How will people running a localized version of ED decode an encrypted clue when the text is completely different?

1. to keep us searching
1.1 to give 'no' clues

2. because it's not meant to be nitpicked to infinity but to give a framework (history of myth, ties to TDW, anecdotal evidence and rumored content) -> all of this will work regardless of localization

1. Because in 3.3 they were "ready" for us to find it
2. Well Fernweh is a Germanic word lol. How will we ever find it if we use Wanderlust as the key?

I would like to go back to enjoying myself now thank you. I don't know if the ignore button works in threads, but I'll give it a go

1. Because in 3.3 they were "ready" for us to find it
2. Well Fernweh is a Germanic word lol. How will we ever find it if we use Wanderlust as the key?

I would like to go back to enjoying myself now thank you. I don't know if the ignore button works in threads, but I'll give it a go
Yay. Ignore does work in threads! Let's go find Raxxla! (And have some fun/community at the same time)

It's the journey, not the destination

Last edited:
This thread and our collective efforts MUST work on the following principles:

Raxxla can be discovered

Otherwise, whats the point?

The "cypher is the start" theory may be right, or it may be wrong, just like smallest(all, all-1) of the theories on this thread. But isn't wisdom of the masses, and bouncing ideas off each other, the whole idea of the last 43x pages?

:)
Get someone from FDev to say Raxxla is currently in the game and can be found. I think Raxxla is a hoax to keep players playing the game.

Poon

Top Bottom