Obsidian shenannigans (The Outer Worlds)

Still very unsure about this game. Theres a weird way the NPC characters look at you with plastic eyes. Urghh that sounds really stupid to say but its nagging me.

Thanks Navi! Thought I was being a bit silly saying it.

Overall though I get a very mass appeal feeling to this, this can be both a good and bad thing. It presents itself a little borderlands series to me.

Overall though I get a very mass appeal feeling to this, this can be both a good and bad thing. It presents itself a little borderlands series to me.

I think it looks more like a Fallout New Vegas in space.

Yeah it has that kind of uncanny vibe to it. Like someone tried to make Borderlands in Fallout NV engine. :)
Which is exactly what it is.
Personally I think it's cool and I'll be willing to bite the bullet with MS store just to avoid Epic.

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
Still very much looking forward to this one. :) The new gameplay video posted earlier has way too much talking in it and I'd rather not spoil the discovery of the lore so I didn't watch too much. I'll definitely plop down my hard earned dollars for a New Vegas-like from Obsidian, though.

I'm still not totally sold on this, I just skimmed a bit of that and I feel a little better about it but still

Something nagging me with it and I'm damned if I can properly name it.

Quite liking what I`m seeing, it looks like NMS mixed with Borderlands for me haha. Question - do we know how "open world-ed" this will be - more linear like Mass Effect 2 or more open Fallout like?

Quite liking what I`m seeing, it looks like NMS mixed with Borderlands for me haha. Question - do we know how "open world-ed" this will be - more linear like Mass Effect 2 or more open Fallout like?
It looks like a middle ground between the two. I actually think that the Borderlands comparison is quite on point not only in the "feel" of the game, but its open-world-ness as well. It seems to me the game will consist of several planets and maybe some space stations, which will be open-world-ey (similar to the areas in Bordelands) with a loading screen (a.k.a your ship) in between.

The impression I get is that your ship is a non controllable that acts as a hub.

I also feel that this is a middle ground game. Something with limited freedom in where you can go.

I still cant really get past the dead staring eyes of the npcs really reminds of elder scrolls games and such.

Yeah, the character models and their stickiness is really Bethesda-esque.
But honestly, I've played TES and Fallout games for years and this doesn't really bother me. As long as it is fun and the gameplay is inventive, which, it seems it is.

I agree largely but it just seems like something that a little engine finesseing could solve and not have that jarring stare looking back at us :)

Sounds great then, if the characters and story are as interesting as in Fallout NV then I can live without fully open world. Still will wait for Steam release tho.

Top Bottom