The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
And still available it seems

Hah.

Note: This is a pre-order and won’t be available until closer to game launch.

Yeah, right, or even after launch.

There again, nothing has ever stopped CIG from selling something that doesn't exist and may never exist.

And still available it seems

The laughter is making me hurt after reading that last link. I literally simultaneously thought two things...

1. Modders would make the game faster than they could.

2. All the get rich quick schemes that want to sell you the cd kit, books or seminar. Which all just really should tell you to sell people a get rich quick scheme...

Or maybe jpegs now after all this, could easily fit in there with the rest.

Last edited:
Wouldn't the engineering manual for modders simply be the manual for Lumberyard with an added booklet of changes made in Starengine? Or simply Lumberyard if Amazon add the changes/addons that CIG made to Starengine.

Does not sound hard to create later on as a PDF.

And in completely unrelated news - I managed to recreate Terror Teddy for City of Heroes (as a villain, he joined the wrong side by mistake)
terrorteddy-jpg.135444

Goose4291

Banned
The hypocrisy in this thread is, as usual, absolutely amazing when you remember many of those complaining about undelivered promises (for a project that isn't finished) were among the many voices who told any ED backer who voiced concerns about not receiving their promised digital artbook/3D ship models that they should just shut up and wait, over a year after the actual release of the game.

The hypocrisy in this thread is, as usual, absolutely amazing when you remember many of those complaining about undelivered promises (for a project that isn't finished) were among the many voices who told any ED backer who voiced concerns about not receiving their promised digital artbook/3D ship models that they should just shut up and wait, over a year after the actual release of the game.
So that makes it okay for CIG behave similarly then? Okay great, stand down everyone, you bunch of hypocrites.

I’m pretty sure the ED art book was delivered.

I’m pretty sure the ED art book was delivered.

I got a digital artbook

Was it even part of the kickstarter? Dunno, most of the rewards there seem to have long been delivered. Don't know about the physical models

I backed SC same time, it's the only KS I've ever backed that has delivered no product, I also feel it was unclear on the definition of "P2W" (we found out over a half decade later that meant something very specific to Chris' understanding of the literal meaning) and "Alpha" (which does not, in fact mean getting the first public iteration which they offered later to subscription accounts etc.)

Last edited:
I got a digital artbook

Was it even part of the kickstarter? Dunno, most of the rewards there seem to have long been delivered. Don't know about the physical models

I backed SC same time, it's the only KS I've ever backed that has delivered no product, I also feel it was unclear on the definition of "P2W" (we found out over a half decade later that meant something very specific to Chris' understanding of the literal meaning) and "Alpha" (which does not, in fact mean getting the first public iteration which they offered later to subscription accounts etc.)

Well, so far the Kickstarter has not failed and the game is still in production so at this point they have no product yet to deliver, but the production, the company have not gone bust, folded or been destroyed in a fire so you have not yet lost what you put in - you just have not yet got a finished game.

I do however agree that it is a damn long time to wait for a computer game but at the same time...it will have a little longer development time (if they CAN stick to the schedule this time) than Cyberpunk 2077 which AFAIK started in 2012.

sorry to disappoint you but it has been delivered. You can even find a digital copy here:

Well, so far the Kickstarter has not failed and the game is still in production so at this point they have no product yet to deliver, but the production, the company have not gone bust, folded or been destroyed in a fire so you have not yet lost what you put in - you just have not yet got a finished game.

I do however agree that it is a damn long time to wait for a computer game but at the same time...it will have a little longer development time (if they CAN stick to the schedule this time) than Cyberpunk 2077 which AFAIK started in 2012.
nope, cyberpunk development didn't start until after they delivered witcher 3 (another fully sized open world AAA game), and even then they were not going full on developing cyberpunk until they finished all the witcher 3 related DLCs (which are full sized expansions), so no, don't ever try to imply that cyberpunk development started in 2012... if you want to make this comparison then CIG should've delivered all the 3 "seasons" of Squadron 42 by now to make the comparison hold any merit.

Last edited:

nope, cyberpunk development didn't start until after they delivered witcher 3 (another fully sized open world AAA game), and even then they were not going full on developing cyberpunk until they finished all the witcher 3 related DLCs (which are full sized expansions), so no, don't ever try to imply that cyberpunk development started in 2012... if you want to make this comparison then CIG should've delivered all the 3 "seasons" of Squadron 42 by now to make the comparison hold any merit.
Development for CP2077 started in 2012, with concepts and ideas floating around, but its Pre-Production only began in early 2016 after W3: Blood & Wine's production was finished.

In comparison, both development and pre-production supposedly began for SC/Sq42 in 2011 - because that's what Chris Roberts told us via interviews during the Kickstarter campaign.

I got a digital artbook

As I recall, it was meant to be for anyone who backed before release.

However, when they did finally release, a couple of years after release, they gave it to everyone.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom