PvP GANK TV - WARNING

Long range rails and how many superpens?

And why do they all pop so fast? Even quintuple rails shouldn't drop proper shields on a Cutter that fast...

Long range rails and how many superpens?

And why do they all pop so fast? Even quintuple rails shouldn't drop proper shields on a Cutter that fast...
Something to do with flying in a completely straight line directly away from the anaconda shooting them. I mean, if you're getting shot at then at least do a roll with your laterals or something so they have to at least try to hit you.

Not really difficult to hit a cutter, evasion is useless I'd say. Putting proper engineered shields on is not.

Lets do the math.
A cutter with a 6A Shield gen with reinforced 3 and 2 Boosters of each Res Aug / HD / Thermal g3 (all without experimentals)
gives me 1500 absolute mj. 4 pips in system gives me 3800 mj. No way that will lose shields on the second salvo.

Something to do with flying in a completely straight line directly away from the anaconda shooting them. I mean, if you're getting shot at then at least do a roll with your laterals or something so they have to at least try to hit you.

Personally, I run in a straight line just to see how long it takes to get destroyed, because it turns out that some "leet CMDRs", who hide behind such overpowered weapons (because they lack any kind of skill, usually!), often can't shoot for toffee. In fact, some couldn'y even hit a coo's rectum wi' a banjo.
Every way to fly when confronted with this assymetric "PvP" is very, very tedious, so I straight line it.
Flying in a straight line just ensures that it is tedious for the attacker as well - yeah, I'm here to make sure you have as thrilling and worthwhile a time as me. And actually, when it turns out that they couldn'y hit a coo's rectum wi' a banjo that is somehow quite entertaining for me, and at least I get a really good laugh out of their incompetence.

One time, I chose to low wake away from a pair of SDC murder-boats instead of high wake. Mostly straight line with a few pitch up every 10 seconds or so. I got away in my trade fitted ship with not particularly strong shields with not much shield loss, despite the 17x mass lock. That's a LONG time to not be able to hit a mostly straight-lining target. They pulled me out of SC for a second time. So I mostly straight-lined again. Pretty tedious if you ask me. When my low wake timer at 17x mass lock was about to engage for the second time, I cancelled it out of sheer pity for these guys (in a fit of giggles it has to be said), and re-started the low wake again. It almost engaged prior to my destruction. How bloody tedious that must've been for them. Hahaha, couldn'y hit a coo's rectum wi a banjo = hence the reason why many choose the most powerful weapons they can.

True enough. The kraits though? Okay, the phantom had a paper shield and hull too, but seriously, phantom vs conda? Boost right at them and you'll almost be out of range before the conda turns around.

Personally, I run in a straight line just to see how long it takes to get destroyed, because it turns out that some "leet CMDRs", who hide behind such overpowered weapons (because they lack any kind of skill, usually!), often can't shoot for toffee. In fact, some couldn'y even hit a coo's rectum wi' a banjo.
Every way to fly when confronted with this assymetric "PvP" is very, very tedious, so I straight line it.
Flying in a straight line just ensures that it is tedious for the attacker as well - yeah, I'm here to make sure you have as thrilling and worthwhile a time as me. And actually, when it turns out that they couldn'y hit a coo's rectum wi' a banjo that is somehow quite entertaining for me, and at least I get a really good laugh out of their incompetence.

One time, I chose to low wake away from a pair of SDC murder-boats instead of high wake. Mostly straight line with a few pitch up every 10 seconds or so. I got away in my trade fitted ship with not particularly strong shields with not much shield loss, despite the 17x mass lock. That's a LONG time to not be able to hit a mostly straight-lining target. They pulled me out of SC for a second time. So I mostly straight-lined again. Pretty tedious if you ask me. When my low wake timer at 17x mass lock was about to engage for the second time, I cancelled it out of sheer pity for these guys (in a fit of giggles it has to be said), and re-started the low wake again. It almost engaged prior to my destruction. How bloody tedious that must've been for them. Hahaha, couldn'y hit a coo's rectum wi a banjo = hence the reason why many choose the most powerful weapons they can.
That's a lot of words to admit you got exploded 😂

That's a lot of words to admit you got exploded 😂

What if I'd said I exited via menu to avoid being exploded?

(or, horror, - what if I'd exited the game another way?)

Seems that no matter what you say around here somebody will choose to latch on to the most negative thing they can interpret from it!

In this case I was conducting an Open Play experiment. So stuck with my "agenda", which meant staying to get exploded - it was an experiment about whether "pirates" (or "blockaders"?) scan for cargo - and I gave them a LOT of time to discover that I was carrying precisely nothing into a CG system - and to see whether this little nugget of information changed the engagement, or whether it was just explodey for the sake of explodey... ultimately to discover whether these player types can be trusted at their word. Principal findings = these player types, on average, can't be trusted to be "roleplaying" as pirates or as blockade protestors, etc - they're word means precisely zero - they're untrustworthy people - they're just after easy kills with wings of powerful weapons against single asymmetric ships. As I said before. Tedious. (yawn)

What if I'd said I exited via menu to avoid being exploded?

(or, horror, - what if I'd exited the game another way?)

Seems that no matter what you say around here somebody will choose to latch on to the most negative thing they can interpret from it!

In this case I was conducting an Open Play experiment. So stuck with my "agenda", which meant staying to get exploded - it was an experiment about whether "pirates" (or "blockaders"?) scan for cargo - and I gave them a LOT of time to discover that I was carrying precisely nothing into a CG system - and to see whether this little nugget of information changed the engagement, or whether it was just explodey for the sake of explodey... ultimately to discover whether these player types can be trusted at their word. Principal findings = these player types, on average, can't be trusted to be "roleplaying" as pirates or as blockade protestors, etc - they're word means precisely zero - they're untrustworthy people - they're just after easy kills with wings of powerful weapons against single asymmetric ships. As I said before. Tedious. (yawn)
I wouldn't really care, because you didn't quit while fighting me. I'm not the rabid combat-log-hater like some others anyways.

And what do you want to prove by exploding? In that time to low-wake nearly twice you would've escaped ten times. So why bother at all?
The PvPers I meet all cheer for me when I shoot back. I have three now on my list who complimented me after my fights with them that
I was the first one of two dozen or more who fought back in Colonia. Nothing like "I want cheap kills", on the contrary. I don't deny that type is running around too, but the list of top PvPers I have in my friendlist now is all different.

It's sad for you that your experience differs that much from mine, because for me this game is wonderful, and a real good experience overall.

I wouldn't really care, because you didn't quit while fighting me. I'm not the rabid combat-log-hater like some others anyways.

And what do you want to prove by exploding? In that time to low-wake nearly twice you would've escaped ten times. So why bother at all?
The PvPers I meet all cheer for me when I shoot back. I have three now on my list who complimented me after my fights with them that
I was the first one of two dozen or more who fought back in Colonia. Nothing like "I want cheap kills", on the contrary. I don't deny that type is running around too, but the list of top PvPers I have in my friendlist now is all different.

It's sad for you that your experience differs that much from mine, because for me this game is wonderful, and a real good experience overall.

I didn't say that they're ALL PvP combateers were the same - just that "on average", it would appear to me, anyway, from conducting live experiments, that mostly it's just for cheap kills with a lame, untrue (illogical) "justification" attached to it.

Logic would dictate that you wouldn't outfit a ship with weapons that can one-shot "in order that the target fights back". Fundamentally, the destruction is the thing, not the combat itself with these fits being used to engage targets that can be one-shotted by them.

It's great there are some players that would applaud you shooting back - but those are the ones that play largely for the combat itself, not just the explodey. There's a fundamental difference at play here. To those players - they have my respect.
Not so much the ones that use outfitting which obviously and self-evidently has the capacity to one-shot (or even two-shot) "vessel A" which they then continue to engage "vessel A" using that ship. That's clearly and self-evidently not for the thrill of combat - that's self evidently and obviously then for another explicit reason other than "for combat". That's fundamental and incontrovertible logic.

If it were me, and I was looking for a decent quality of PvP combat, then I would definitely not "over-equip" my ship. That's simply logic at work. To pit myself against another player sounds like fun and interesting. To pit my ship against another ship? Tedious. I already intrinsically know that ME in a combat engineered FdL will destroy ME in a trade-equipped Python carrying 100T of cargo. Same player (ME), therefore same "skill", but clearly and foretell-ably a different outcome of "combat" due to different ship. Boring.

If it were me and I was playing a "pirate", I would scan for cargo and on finding nothing would disregard that target. That's fundamental logic right there, which often appears to be lost on some "pirates". Are they stupid? Or do they think I'm stupid?
(I expect the argument would be that there's no slot/mass overhead for a manifest scanner due to all that firepower and hull defense required. Baloney - targeting a trade vessel automatically creates an equipment-Delta, a pirate can most definitely afford a manifest scanner. Plus - the less "one-sided" the equipment advantage, the more likely it is that a player will stick around to be pirated. More likely that "fun" will be had. Logic wins out.)

If it were me and role-playing a blockade at a CG, then I'd manifest-scan the ships to find out whether they carrying anything I was blockading against. That's fundamental logic, which appears to be completely lost on the blockade that targets ships leaving the NFZ after delivering any cargo they were carrying. Do these wings of FdLs that explode single trade-fitted ships leaving the CG location think I'm stupid? Or is the anti-logic of their fake roleplay lost on them? LOL (Same story on the manifest scanner - a blockade vessel can definitely make space/mass for a scanner - just one scanner per wing of 4 - and don't use uber-FdLs - and likely the blockade runners will more likely stick around to "play" with me, rather than log, because the "play" just got more interesting, "even" and a bit more "balanced". Logic wins out. Again.)

I'm not sad that my experience is "different" from yours - I just dislike this form of forced "PvP" - but at least I have put myself out there as an experiment and can comment on this with conviction, from direct experience, rather than guesswork, conjecture or extrapolation. Which I couldn't do unless I stuck around to take a few explodeys. Plenty of rebuy money and no lost cargo being risked, LOL, evidently the target/aim was the explodey ship, not the cargo after all...

I too absolutely adore this game. I obviously play it a slightly different way from you - which is a GREAT thing in my view - we are not all the same and we all have lots of different things we enjoy about the game. And that's a large part of the game's strength and it's breadth of appeal (despite still being a bit of a niche!).
What sullies the game is the way it can be played by some to the detriment of fun by others. It isn't solely a FPS-like game where the sole content is to engage other players, but I do find it pretty sad (and tedious) that some appear to play it like it was one of those games. The sad part is the poor excuses they use, because they are such transparent and illogical "reasons" that do not bear up to any kind of scrutiny. This is the saddening part, for me. Not that it is played like a "must destroy all other players", but because the "reasons" given for doing so are so self-evidently codswallop.

Shooting virtual spaceships is fun. Be it under the pretences of wanting a proper fight, an easy kill, or some of thier juicy cargoTM.

Why does it always have to devolve in to petty fingerpointing and bad attempts at character defomation. Ugh.

Ugh indeed.

What's "bad" about my post, please?
I didn't do what you attributed to me of "character defomation" [sic] or "petty fingerpointing", at least I don't think I did. It was a truthful narrative with logical conclusions is all.

Maybe just nod sagely and accept the logic I provided. I also never said destroying virtual spaceships wasn't fun, either. (for the attacker, at least - on the other hand, maybe consider the player who gets one-shot destroyed. Fun?)

Maybe I just need to ask - what is so engaging and fun about a one-shot kill? I just don't understand.

If it were me, and I was looking for a decent quality of PvP combat, then I would definitely not "over-equip" my ship. That's simply logic at work. To pit myself against another player sounds like fun and interesting. To pit my ship against another ship? Tedious. I already intrinsically know that ME in a combat engineered FdL will destroy ME in a trade-equipped Python carrying 100T of cargo. Same player (ME), therefore same "skill", but clearly and foretell-ably a different outcome of "combat" due to different ship. Boring.
The problem is, if you're out looking for a fight and find someone that is properly equipped, the level of force needed to even scratch them would be complete overkill against some of the builds we see out there, and until you actually engage them there's no really easy way to tell whether that anaconda's shield is a reinforced 7A or an low-power 3D.

I've got a few PvE-built ships that would still be overkill against the shields featured in this video, but against an actual PvP fit might as well just boost themselves into the back of the hangar for all the good they'll do. What those PvE ships won't do is die to a single hit from a huge PA.

Top Bottom