To the jewel that burns on the brow of the mother of galaxies.

Which can also translates using nautical terms as

To the Moving Bridge/Gangway/Passage (brow is nautical for a moving bridge from ship to shore and vice versa) and the brow must be laid at the edge of something which in this case the Mother of Galaxies. Which I believe The Dark Wheel refers the Milky Way as their Mother of Galaxies.

To the Bridge that burns at the edge of The Mother of Galaxies

I really like this.

And if we follow that line of thought...

Azophi and his Book of Fixed Stars...

Astrophil / Azophi?

Last edited:
Hypothetically speaking if someone in the dark wheel, possibly Ryder at one point in time in the past, did have a 'map to raxxla' in a certain sense. Perhaps that person dies before anyone else ever sees the alleged 'map.'

now perhaps years later someone else in the dark wheel going through that person's belongings finds the alleged 'map' but doesn't realize what it is, other than at face value.

Now imagine the 'map' is more of directions in the form of a riddle, that way if found, wouldn't provide straightforward directions. Suppose it says..

Just asking: Did we ever find the wreckage of Ryders ship in Leesti? The ship would be a nice place to store a map...

If it's directions then surely the last step is the only important one. Like, I can get to Heart and Soul without needing to go via NGC 7822, so just tell me to go to H&S. Unless Raxxla has magic powers and knows where I've been.
Did you never play with treasure maps as a kid? Go to the tree at the bottom of the garden, walk 5 paces left, then 3 paces forward. X Mark's the spot.
You dont need to go to the tree, you can go straight to the X, but how do you find the x, without going to the tree and following the directions? Assume it's a big harden and you cant just :see" the X. I mean like 400 billion systems sized garden)
Edit
It makes sense that Jason would use a riddle/treasure map, instead of stating a system name, in case it fell into the wrong hands. After his death, TDW find the riddle/map and use it as their toast.
Why care if anybody overhears it, it's like having an encrypted email stolen...meh. Good luck decoding it!

Last edited:
I wonder if Raxxla could be a Thorne-Zytgow object that causes a massive FSD superccharge or unlocks other travel capabilities. There is a track in the official ED soundtrack that references Thorne Zytgow objects.

Did you never play with treasure maps as a kid? Go to the tree at the bottom of the garden, walk 5 paces left, then 3 paces forward. X Mark's the spot.
You dont need to go to the tree, you can go straight to the X, but how do you find the x, without going to the tree and following the directions? Assume it's a big harden and you cant just :see" the X. I mean like 400 billion systems sized garden)

Yes, but where are the distances in the toast?
Let me know when you figure out how many LY "the lovers' woe" equates to.

Sorry - "lover's woe". Makes a big difference.

True enough.
I'm just trying to help people read it by pointing out that treating it as a set of waypoints isn't going to work :)

Even though it's not a clue :p

Ive been thinking about the waypoint issue. One is that extra info could be found at each of the waypoints that makes it more solvable.

The other is a bit sneaky... We know universal cartographics is tracking us... What if raxxla only becomes visible on our maps if we visit certain systems and meet certain criteria? Would be a little annoying but might fit the "we know why no one has found it" and how it would be a personal journey for each commander.

Ive been thinking about the waypoint issue. One is that extra info could be found at each of the waypoints that makes it more solvable.

The other is a bit sneaky... We know universal cartographics is tracking us... What if raxxla only becomes visible on our maps if we visit certain systems and meet certain criteria? Would be a little annoying but might fit the "we know why no one has found it" and how it would be a personal journey for each commander.

If they waypoints contain clues then they're either extremely well hidden, or the systems we need to visit aren't any of the obvious ones.

I firmly believe that TDW is hooked into UC and will contact us when we've visited whatever collection of systems their entrance criteria are based on.

Yes there is that...but...in the Codex it says the 'Alleged Toast of the Dark Wheel' so they're not even confirming that :) and its under the Raxxla topic not the dark Wheel topic so theres that as well..

Don't know if its relevant, if any of it is in fact, but just noticed the toast has 6 lines:

To the Jewel...R
To the whisperer...A
The Siren...X
The parents grief...X
The Lovers woe...L
And the yearning....A

Just maybe if you come across a Siren beginning with X for example, it may lead somewhere, maybe.
Well, I thought it is 6 too initially >:. But decided it is not. In "SG-1" movie each star was descibed by 6 symbols, guess 6 points shows unique pos in 3D.

Yes, but where are the distances in the toast?
Let me know when you figure out how many LY "the lovers' woe" equates to.

Sorry - "lover's woe". Makes a big difference.

Just to be obtuse 😁

Using pythogrean numerology
THELOVERSWOE=59

59 ly

Because - Pythagoras! 😂

Ok back to work...

Just to be obtuse 😁

Using pythogrean numerology
THELOVERSWOE=59

59 ly

Because - Pythagoras! 😂

Ok back to work...
Ignoring apostrophe's brings me to ~HIP 56336 at ~(229.139, 123.81, 59.159)

Edsm: 0 ship passed through HIP 56336 space in the last 24 hours.
Edit: Edsm: 1 ship passed through HIP 56336 space in the last 24 hours.
Nothing

Last edited:
Top Bottom