Oh, yes, am I dumb ? Let just have the others players around the World searching for their own greasy Raxxla wherever they think it may be. Of course. Very FD-esque !
Err.. but what if the translation in other languages was more revealing, specific than in English ??? Naaah.. Can't be. Or... ?

Besides when looking at the night sky, MW surrounded by trillions of galaxies really looks like their "mother" to me.

A romanian player told me that Xibalba is slang for mystery in Bulgarian. It is not an object just a word of definition. So he went to the far bottom right quadrant of SAG-A looking for the mystery there first.

We checked everything with just 8 moons. The real question is does it have more than 8 moons or just 8 moons?
You can't be sure about "everything". Commander might not upload logs to edsm, so FDevs say "visited" but edsm does not know about...
Yeh, and "at least 8 moons".

Confirmation bias is real.

Edit:

Whenever someone is asked something, they can answer in a few ways

1. Positive/Affirmation
2. Negative/Refutation
3. Does not answer/No data

For some weird reason, you have a leap of logic from "Does not answer" equating to "Positive its related to Raxxla".

Its as if I ask the government "Do aliens exist?" and interpreting their silence as "aliens exist".

There can be many reasons as to why they do not engage.

I followed the clues, the best I could IN/OUT of the game.

And your point is valid in logic but not circumstance. If this was a debate, you might get a point. I'm just here to present the data I have. And I am not saying it's correct, but I can tell you why I have the data and conclusions.

We have an artist (Max Centra) who loves posting on multiple sites that are public, images of their personal work, with a lot of detail about the work. He will answer information about everything that is commercial, except the work he did while at FDEV, that has the same background as the Eisler/Hodstock image, with the same type of robot, with imagery fits the current codex image for Raxxla. Even the dice markings are the same type (dice symbols for "hard" rolls) on his image created at the time he was technical director for ELITE DANGEROUS, same as the illustrated image from Eisler about Raxxla.

Given the markings, color, symbol, background desert, and robots nature, combined with the timeframe in which he created the piece and released it without labeling what it was in are all factors. I am not asking an unknown government group about classified things. I am asking an individual, about their life's work - which they made public.

I would not completely discount Cassiopeia. The toast could be poorly written by drunk Dark Wheelers (FD). ;)

I have very little faith in the Cassiopeia though. There is no Omphalos candidates in that direction. The wording would be incredibly clumsy, if it was Cass. If worded properly, it would be far to obvious (not a little bit) for a Raxla hint.

I'm not gonna spend any time on Cassiopeia, but I'm happy that others do. In case I'm wrong. (y)

I checked it out and a lot of the neighboring systems pretty thoroughly with the FSS.

And if a moon has a moon, does that count as a moon?

currently with 8 moons on EDSM

Lupus Dark Region B Sector ZU-P b5-4 1
Traikaae XO-S b45-7 1 4000+LY
Swoilz PK-Z b6-8 1
Fe 1 Sector KH-R b6-4 A 2
Oochost VE-Y b34-0 1
Droju CQ-F b31-2 1
Bleia Eohn HQ-Z b47-6 1
Wregoe QU-X c14-19 1
Blu Thua ZB-I b53-0 1
Drojaea BN-E b17-1 4
Synuefe XO-P b35-0 1
Dryio Flyuae SH-E b14-66 1
Stuelou SA-D b43-17 1
Prua Dryou GN-S c20-1 1

https://trello.com/b/keiW7Y71/the-dark-wheel

https://trello.com/c/fUW8C4gz/2-tdw...ame-and-we-need-to-do-something-to-reveal-tdw

further information here

If TDW don't know where Raxxla is (which old lore suggests, but isn't confirmed by the Codex) then the toast can't provide directions.
If TDW do know where Raxxla is, then they'd be bloody stupid to give directions to it in the toast and run the risk of a non-TDW commander finding it.

TDW is retired. The Club is the new "hot" secret group. The Club is DB new invention, as stated by Drew Wager. So, I am guessing if there will be any new development on a secret group - it will be DB focus, not the old retired TDW group that many have written lore about with little relevance.

I think the whisper in witch space may refer to ngc 7822, you can see it really far away. When your about to jump it seems to stay an extra second on the skybox(not sure if all this kind of nebula do that) maybe described as a whisper right before 'which space". Also thought I would ask about servasti logs referring to thunder child "going dark in '69". Could that mean they went dark in col sector 69.(big sector and not going to plot though it by accident since the permit locks around it)

currently with 8 moons on EDSM

Lupus Dark Region B Sector ZU-P b5-4 1
Traikaae XO-S b45-7 1 4000+LY
Swoilz PK-Z b6-8 1
Fe 1 Sector KH-R b6-4 A 2
Oochost VE-Y b34-0 1
Droju CQ-F b31-2 1
Bleia Eohn HQ-Z b47-6 1
Wregoe QU-X c14-19 1
Blu Thua ZB-I b53-0 1
Drojaea BN-E b17-1 4
Synuefe XO-P b35-0 1
Dryio Flyuae SH-E b14-66 1
Stuelou SA-D b43-17 1
Prua Dryou GN-S c20-1 1

https://trello.com/b/keiW7Y71/the-dark-wheel

https://trello.com/c/fUW8C4gz/2-tdw...ame-and-we-need-to-do-something-to-reveal-tdw

further information here

I assume that's a subset of systems with GGs with 8 moons. What are the other criteria you're using?

TDW is retired. The Club is the new "hot" secret group. The Club is DB new invention, as stated by Drew Wager. So, I am guessing if there will be any new development on a secret group - it will be DB focus, not the old retired TDW group that many have written lore about with little relevance.

As far as I am aware, The Club were invented for Salome Phase III. It's possible Raxxla has been retconned to be associated with them, but that's not reflected in the Codex. I'd say TDW is still the way to go.

So what is the latest news about figuring out the locations of the 6 star systems in the Dark Wheel toast? Last I checked all evidence still clearly pointed to Zeta Cassiopeia as the first system. Is there a strong case for any of the others yet?

For those of you who have seen the original Stargate movie, there is a cool scene where James Spader's character explains how you need to know 6 points in space (the center of each face of a cube) to pinpoint a target location (the center of the interior of a cube).

I am still assuming that this is what the clues in the 6 lines of the toast mean, and that finding them will point to either Raxxla itself (unlikely) or to the next Dark Wheel clue, perhaps the system with the dark wheel station itself around the 8th moon of a gas giant.

So, where do things stand in this front? Any news or promising leads?

So what is the latest news about figuring out the locations of the 6 star systems in the Dark Wheel toast? Last I checked all evidence still clearly pointed to Zeta Cassiopeia as the first system. Is there a strong case for any of the others yet?

For those of you who have seen the original Stargate movie, there is a cool scene where James Spader's character explains how you need to know 6 points in space (the center of each face of a cube) to pinpoint a target location (the center of the interior of a cube).

I am still assuming that this is what the clues in the 6 lines of the toast mean, and that finding them will point to either Raxxla itself (unlikely) or to the next Dark Wheel clue, perhaps the system with the dark wheel station itself around the 8th moon of a gas giant.

So, where do things stand in this front? Any news or promising leads?

Hm :)
How about that: https://www.edsm.net/en/system/bodies/id/23378/name/27+Gamma+Cassiopeiae

A star - is "jewel"
C star - "whisper"
B star - "grief"/"woe"
:D

As far as I am aware, The Club were invented for Salome Phase III. It's possible Raxxla has been retconned to be associated with them, but that's not reflected in the Codex. I'd say TDW is still the way to go.
The Club may very well be the people currently occupying Raxxla and exploiting it for their own purposes. The ones mentioned by Rafe Zetter.

The Club may very well be the people currently occupying Raxxla and exploiting it for their own purposes. The ones mentioned by Rafe Zetter.

I really hope not... "The Club" makes me think of one of those silly Grisham novels with polo shirt wearing lawyers/politicians drunk on power playing golf in the ruins of Raxxla..... That would be horrible

They could atleast change their name to something like "the Xibalba Path" and i would have more respect for them.

Top Bottom