Frontier's Annual Results have been published (June 2018 to May 2019), showing a record year and Elite passing 3 million basegame sales

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator

I presume you are referring to the 2020(e) sales element in the first chart of your link? Please confirm.

The information in that 3rd party site did not originate at FDEV’s Unaudited Annual Results release on September 4th though. Where do you think it could have actually come from in the first place? And most importantly, when?

Last edited:
For those of you looking for sound financial advice, I offer my services.

My Credentials;
I am independent.
My opinions are my own.
I am not registered.
I have no training or experience.
But like those FAs with oudles of training and decades (and centuries for some Company's) of experience, I did not see the financial crisis coming either
(actually I did, I just didn't know when, the crows would come home to roost)

Also...
It is perfectly possible that the share price fell as a result of those wishing to cash in on their good investment strategy, selling their shares on mass....just saying.

Last edited:

DeletedUser191218

D
I presume you are referring to the 2020(e) sales element in the first chart of your link? Please confirm.

The information in that 3rd party site did not originate at FDEV’s Unaudited Annual Results release on September 4th though. Where do you think it could have actually come from in the first place? And most importantly, when?

A combination of Fdev's own forecasts and analysts' forecasts, most likely. I did read Braben said he expects a drop in revenue. It seems legit. I'm not really looking to do a blow by blow analysis. The numbers and metrics are available in the public domain.

DeletedUser191218

D
For those of you looking for sound financial advice, I offer my services.

My Credentials;
I am independent.
My opinions are my own.
I am not registered.
I have no training or experience.
But like those FAs with oudles of training and decades (and centuries for some Company's) I did not see the financial crisis coming either
(actually I did, I just didn't know when, the crows would come home to roost)

Also...
It is perfectly possible that the share price fell as a result of those wishing to cash in on their good investment strategy, selling their shares on mass....just saying.

Actually, a lot of people did see the crisis coming. A lot of people made money on it. FA's tell you where to put your savings. They wouldn't have the faintest idea about synthetic collateralized debt obligations or tiered structured mortgage securities underpinned by sub-prime debt. You need to know who to talk to.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
The numbers and metrics are available in the public domain.

Indeed. But the most relevant question for this discussion is since when are those in the public domain. If you still do not know I can post some relevant links later this evening.

DeletedUser191218

D
Indeed. But the most relevant question for this discussion is since when are those in the public domain. If you still do not know I can post some relevant links later this evening.

When the share price dropped.

Actually, a lot of people did see the crisis coming. A lot of people made money on it. FA's tell you where to put your savings. They wouldn't have the faintest idea about synthetic collateralized debt obligations or tiered structured mortgage securities underpinned by sub-prime debt. You need to know who to talk to.

You're not actually defending them, are you?

Also, seeing it coming and getting out so as not to lose, isn't making money.

Last edited:

DeletedUser191218

D
That is incorrect. The information on forecast revenues for 2020 (among other metrics) made it to the public domain much, much earlier than 4th September.

What has 4th September got to do with it?

DeletedUser191218

D
The only people that made money, would have been those who short traded stocks, and there weren't that many at the time, other than those I would be very surprised if anyone else made money at the time.

Index options/futures...IRS swaps etc. The point is a lot of people saw the bubble and knew the extent of leverage in the US banking system was unsustainable. The issue, as is often the case, was that while money was being made and growth figures looked good there was no political will to regulate properly and force banks to hold properly liquid capital.

I've literally just been studying some case studies from this period as part of my investment risk exams. However, I feel we may be digressing.

DeletedUser191218

D
Which share price drop are you talking about here?:

As I have stated, I'm not sure when exactly the drawdown occured but it is in response due forecast reduction in revenue. I think the fact fdev still aren't commiting to a dividend didn't help (you should read what some shareholders are saying on forums about that).

Anyway, I don't think this chat is going anywhere. I don't think anyone is disagreeing that FDev expect reduced revenues in the immediate future.

Index options/futures...IRS swaps etc. The point is a lot of people saw the bubble and knew the extent of leverage in the US banking system was unsustainable. The issue, as is often the case, was that while money was being made and growth figures looked good there was no political will to regulate properly and force banks to hold properly liquid capital.

I've literally just been studying some case studies from this period as part of my investment risk exams. However, I feel we may be digressing.

You are correct, we should not digress (i will say no more)
Other than I find your text above, DISTURBING!

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
As I have stated, I'm not sure when exactly the drawdown occured...

That is fine, but this is getting a bit messy because you seemed to be quite specific about the drop (8% quoted below), and about when it ocurred and why it ocurred when you said:

Share price is down 8% on forecast reduced revenues. Just FYI.

That drop occured BECAUSE of financial results and forecasts released by FDev.

I hope you can realize that if now your are "not sure when exactly the drawdown ocurred" or even about when the original forecasts you have referenced earlier made it to the public domain, then your comments do not really make much sense anymore.

Last edited:

DeletedUser191218

D
That is fine, but this is getting a bit messy because you seemed to be quite specific about the drop (8% quoted below), and about when it ocurred and why it ocurred when you said:

I hope you can realize that if now your are "not sure when exactly the drawdown ocurred" or even about when the original forecasts you have referenced earlier made it to the public domain, then your comments do not really make much sense anymore.

This is like pulling teeth. I do not know when the drawdown in share price occured and I do not know when financials were released. I know that the view of analysts is the 8% (i've read 7% somewhere as well) drop in share price is a result of reduced revenue forecasts. It's reasonably well publicised in financial press. I am not one of those analysts but I do trust their judgement over, with respect, someone who volunteers to moderate a video game forum and has no apparent experience or expertise in company financials.

Incidentally, if I wanted to hear a credible view on moderating a video game forum I would come to you, not analysts working in finance/accounting.

Top Bottom