Latest News:

The Codex is the key vs there will be no clues
The toast is the key vs there will be no clues
The toast is seeped in parallels to ancient Greek / Persian creation myths vs its just human behaviour making patterns, incidentally heres a pattern made from Pink Floyd songs.
Pink Floyd is the key vs was just pointing out out human brain draws patterns, its the way it organises things subconsciously, nothing to do with Floyd (but still worth sticking an album on while playing)
Dark side of the Moon has been disproven - there is no dark side of the moon (as it says on the album) but theres a side we never see from Earth so 'dark' to humans as in unknown as in Dark Ages (before satellites and orbiters)
DB actual quotes have been sourced and quoted accurately with proven links - hasnt actually helped at all but did take a surprisingly long time to stop the mis-quotes
DW quotes have been sourced and linked inc 2 retellings of the same event which has caused confusion but probably just memory or similar - nothing deceitful or underhand intended, no obfuscation intended
MB quotes have been found and scrutinised to some new excitement from us who never knew about them - doesnt give any real info as usual
Salome has been solved - no myths or legends involved, just human over-complication getting in the way, see above about Pink Floyd. Was immense fun while it lasted
Diversions have been offered by a mysterious ship exploding for 'no reason' in another thread, kept me occupied for 2 days anyway - probably not Raxxla
NPC have been to flight school and demonstrate some amazing flying synchronisation at various random points in the game, Nav Beacons and intsallations and some planetary installations and just randomly - exciting when it happens and you think it means something, until you've seen it 50 trimes at various points and realise its just flight practice for the NPC Display Team (its the programming that makes NPCs stay in certain zones at times so they fly in formation within it is all, I saw 3 flying round and round one of the Hawkins Gap sites as they were restricted to a very small airspace)
Myths / total exaggeration / total lies have been debunked - 'Someone honked it and moved on' has been buried like it should have been long ago with no source ever
Lave 2 has been confirmed as Lave 'missing' moon - don't know if you knew that 2 years ago or not?
Some have started to focus on the 'challenge' set by the DW and are trying various herculean feats to see if they get anywhere - eg mapping all the Constellations visible from Earth, trying to get various permits and ranks and unlocks. basically doing what us humans do, poking and prodding until something happens up or goes bang and then we say 'Right, what happened and can I repeat it?' ie learning
GaNet has been reduced to accurate 'factual' stories only - some story driven or parallel but it hasn't really kicked into gear yet, or its found the Park gear and its staying as it is now....to be confirmed either way by GalNet articles.

And thats about it, so probably not much headway but a lot of fun and distraction along the way :)

Some Lovecraftian references for Jorki ;) Was fun - I havent looked at lovcraft since the MB days and was interesting to see if there were any parallels to the toast.

We have the dreaded page 751 of the Necronomicon which i wll only give some salient quotes as to not incur any more madness.
"...Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again...
As a foulness shall ye know Them. Their hand is at your throats, yet ye see Them not; and Their habitation is even one with your guarded threshold. Yog-Sothoth is the key to the gate, whereby the spheres meet..."
And from "The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadeth" after finally finding Kadeth (empty) Randolph Carter is being taken from the city by Nyarlathrotep the Crawling Chaos to Azathoth. (more snippets)
“And Randolph Carter, gasping and dizzy on his hideous shantak, shot screamingly into space toward the cold blue glare of boreal Vega…

Trembling in waves that golden wisps of nebula made weirdly visible, there rose a timid hint of far-off melody, droning in faint chords that our own universe of stars knows not. And as that music grew, the shantak raised its ears and plunged ahead, and Carter likewise bent to catch each lovely strain. It was a song, but not the song of any voice. Night and the spheres sang it, and it was old when space and Nyarlathotep and the Other Gods were born...

Onward unswerving and relentless, and ering hilariously to watch the chuckling hysterics into which the siren song of night and the spheres had turned, that eldrich scaly monster bore its helpless rider, hurtling and shooting, cleaving the uttermost rim and spanning the outermost abysses, leaving behind the stars and the realms of matter, and darting meteor-like through the stark formlessness toward those inconceivable , unlighted chambers beyond time wherein black Azathoth gnaws shapeless and ravenous amidst the muffled maddening beat of vile drums in and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.”
hmm looks like the content filters dont like one of the words :) oh well.
Oh and a last bit on Azathoth from Dreams in the Witch House "...he had read in the Necronomicon about the mindless entity Azathoth, which rules all time and space from a curiously environed black throne at the center of Chaos."

Last edited:
Latest News:

The Codex is the key vs there will be no clues
The toast is the key vs there will be no clues
The toast is seeped in parallels to ancient Greek / Persian creation myths vs its just human behaviour making patterns, incidentally heres a pattern made from Pink Floyd songs.
Pink Floyd is the key vs was just pointing out out human brain draws patterns, its the way it organises things subconsciously, nothing to do with Floyd (but still worth sticking an album on while playing)
Dark side of the Moon has been disproven - there is no dark side of the moon (as it says on the album) but theres a side we never see from Earth so 'dark' to humans as in unknown as in Dark Ages (before satellites and orbiters)
DB actual quotes have been sourced and quoted accurately with proven links - hasnt actually helped at all but did take a surprisingly long time to stop the mis-quotes
DW quotes have been sourced and linked inc 2 retellings of the same event which has caused confusion but probably just memory or similar - nothing deceitful or underhand intended, no obfuscation intended
MB quotes have been found and scrutinised to some new excitement from us who never knew about them - doesnt give any real info as usual
Salome has been solved - no myths or legends involved, just human over-complication getting in the way, see above about Pink Floyd. Was immense fun while it lasted
Diversions have been offered by a mysterious ship exploding for 'no reason' in another thread, kept me occupied for 2 days anyway - probably not Raxxla
NPC have been to flight school and demonstrate some amazing flying synchronisation at various random points in the game, Nav Beacons and intsallations and some planetary installations and just randomly - exciting when it happens and you think it means something, until you've seen it 50 trimes at various points and realise its just flight practice for the NPC Display Team (its the programming that makes NPCs stay in certain zones at times so they fly in formation within it is all, I saw 3 flying round and round one of the Hawkins Gap sites as they were restricted to a very small airspace)
Myths / total exaggeration / total lies have been debunked - 'Someone honked it and moved on' has been buried like it should have been long ago with no source ever
Lave 2 has been confirmed as Lave 'missing' moon - don't know if you knew that 2 years ago or not?
Some have started to focus on the 'challenge' set by the DW and are trying various herculean feats to see if they get anywhere - eg mapping all the Constellations visible from Earth, trying to get various permits and ranks and unlocks. basically doing what us humans do, poking and prodding until something happens up or goes bang and then we say 'Right, what happened and can I repeat it?' ie learning
GaNet has been reduced to accurate 'factual' stories only - some story driven or parallel but it hasn't really kicked into gear yet, or its found the Park gear and its staying as it is now....to be confirmed either way by GalNet articles.

And thats about it, so probably not much headway but a lot of fun and distraction along the way :)

I feel that this needs more 'likes'.

Some Lovecraftian references for Jorki ;) Was fun - I havent looked at lovcraft since the MB days and was interesting to see if there were any parallels to the toast.

We have the dreaded page 751 of the Necronomicon which i wll only give some salient quotes as to not incur any more madness.
"...Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again...
As a foulness shall ye know Them. Their hand is at your throats, yet ye see Them not; and Their habitation is even one with your guarded threshold. Yog-Sothoth is the key to the gate, whereby the spheres meet..."
And from "The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadeth" after finally finding Kadeth (empty) Randolph Carter is being taken from the city by Nyarlathrotep the Crawling Chaos to Azathoth. (more snippets)
“And Randolph Carter, gasping and dizzy on his hideous shantak, shot screamingly into space toward the cold blue glare of boreal Vega…

Trembling in waves that golden wisps of nebula made weirdly visible, there rose a timid hint of far-off melody, droning in faint chords that our own universe of stars knows not. And as that music grew, the shantak raised its ears and plunged ahead, and Carter likewise bent to catch each lovely strain. It was a song, but not the song of any voice. Night and the spheres sang it, and it was old when space and Nyarlathotep and the Other Gods were born...

Onward unswerving and relentless, and ering hilariously to watch the chuckling hysterics into which the siren song of night and the spheres had turned, that eldrich scaly monster bore its helpless rider, hurtling and shooting, cleaving the uttermost rim and spanning the outermost abysses, leaving behind the stars and the realms of matter, and darting meteor-like through the stark formlessness toward those inconceivable , unlighted chambers beyond time wherein black Azathoth gnaws shapeless and ravenous amidst the muffled maddening beat of vile drums in and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.”
hmm looks like the content filters dont like one of the words :) oh well.
Oh and a last bit on Azathoth from Dreams in the Witch House "...he had read in the Necronomicon about the mindless entity Azathoth, which rules all time and space from a curiously environed black throne at the center of Chaos."

So Yog-Sothoth is the gate, and the key and guardian of the gate (@Scytale: “door that is also the key” sound familiar?); presumably that’s him top left in the tattoo? Then below him is Charon rowing his boat on the river. My son tells me Cthulhu is the tentacled dragon bottom right. Assume the pic is all about chaos, but cant see any “curiously environed black throne at the center”. Tree of life in the centre? Presumably gates of paradise top right? Don’t understand anything else!

So Yog-Sothoth is the gate, and the key and guardian of the gate (@Scytale: “door that is also the key” sound familiar?); presumably that’s him top left in the tattoo? Then below him is Charon rowing his boat on the river. My son tells me Cthulhu is the tentacled dragon bottom right. Assume the pic is all about chaos, but cant see any “curiously environed black throne at the center”. Tree of life in the centre? Presumably gates of paradise top right? Don’t understand anything else!
Ya I tried finding just Lovecraftian references... The dragon thing in the bottom right is Cuthulu i think but there are some obvious things like the tree of life and harpies and charon that are norse greek myth... could be part of MBs version. Found a decent list of lovecraft gods and descriptions here:

Edit.. Ahhh his book is Lovecraft and Milton... Its the tree of knowledge and the apple and the snake the fall of man...
Hmmm no apples and the leaves dont look right... Meh

Last edited:

Scytale

Banned
So Yog-Sothoth is the gate,..snip..
Fill the blanks !
KfEBTQr.jpg
Solution (partial)
1) Hades (the God). 2) Charon. 3) The Acheron. 4) Tartarus. 1) to 4) The Underworld. 5) IDK (Ammutseba matches the action of consuming fallng stars but not the description.) 6) IDK. 7) IDK. 8) Carcosa (on Aldebaran). 8a) Hastur. 8b,c) Hastur's servants, can't find/remember their names, but he scaled one is specific to Hastur. 8d) Hastur's Byakhees. 9) IDK. 10) IDK. 11) Niohoggr. 12) Harpy. 13) Odin. 14) Gná. 15) Yggdrasil. 16) Archangel Michael. 17) Crux ? 18) The Portal ? 19) Polaris/Sirius/ Coma Berenices/The Myth ? 20) Trumpet of the Apocalypsis Angel.
Imho.

Last edited:
Fill the blanks !
KfEBTQr.jpg
Solution (partial)
1) Hades (the God). 2) Charon. 3) The Acheron. 4) Tartarus. 1) to 4) The Underworld. 5) IDK (Ammutseba matches the action of consuming fallng stars but not the description.) 6) IDK. 7) IDK. 8) Carcosa (on Aldebaran). 8a) Hastur. 8b,c) Hastur's servants, can't find/remember their names, but he scaled one is specific to Hastur. 8d) Hastur's Byakhees. 9) IDK. 10) IDK. 11) Niohoggr. 12) Harpy. 13) Odin. 14) Gná. 15) Yggdrasil. 16) Archangel Michael. 17) Crux ? 18) The Portal ? 19) Polaris/Sirius/ Coma Berenices/The Myth ? 20) Trumpet of the Apocalypsis Angel.
Imho.

Interesting, well done! Though think you may be wrong on 16, that angel definitely looks female to me; Archangel Michael might fit #10 instead? And I preferred Yog Sothoth instead of Hades-just because it fits “the lock that is also the key” line! 😉
Anybody else got more ideas? It’s a strange mixture of Cthulhu and Norse mythology. Pity I can’t find the book, would have got it for my son’s Xmas present. Anybody read MB’s The Third Path trilogy?

Ya I tried finding just Lovecraftian references... The dragon thing in the bottom right is Cuthulu i think but there are some obvious things like the tree of life and harpies and charon that are norse greek myth... could be part of MBs version. Found a decent list of lovecraft gods and descriptions here:

Edit.. Ahhh his book is Lovecraft and Milton... Its the tree of knowledge and the apple and the snake the fall of man...
Hmmm no apples and the leaves dont look right... Meh

Think it’s the Tree of Life rather then the Tree of Knowledge. Former gave immortality, the latter knowledge of good & evil. Eve ate the Cox instead of the Pippin! 😁

Interesting, well done! Though think you may be wrong on 16, that angel definitely looks female to me; Archangel Michael might fit #10 instead? And I preferred Yog Sothoth instead of Hades-just because it fits “the lock that is also the key” line! 😉
Anybody else got more ideas? It’s a strange mixture of Cthulhu and Norse mythology. Pity I can’t find the book, would have got it for my son’s Xmas present. Anybody read MB’s The Third Path trilogy?
As this is ED, not Prison Break....do we really think MB tattooed a map to Raxxla on his back? 🤔

As this is ED, not Prison Break....do we really think MB tattooed a map to Raxxla on his back? 🤔

I’m just interested in his way of thinking; that might be relevant 😉

But actually now Scytale’s got me into this I’m also interested, in an abstract way, in the mythology and symbology he’s used here. It seems strange to me to mix Cthulhu mythology (invented by Lovecraft) with ancient Norse mythology.
(Edit: and don’t know if any other thread has discussed this. Don’t remember any detailed discussion like this back in the day in the UA mysteries thread where he revealed the tattoo)

P.S. what’s Prison Break? 😚

Last edited:

But actually now Scytale’s got me into this I’m also interested, in an abstract way, in the mythology and symbology he’s used here. It seems strange to me to mix Cthulhu mythology (invented by Lovecraft) with ancient Norse mythology.
(Edit: and don’t know if any other thread has discussed this. Don’t remember any detailed discussion like this back in the day in the UA mysteries thread where he revealed the tattoo)

Don't know how much the symbology used is MBs and how much is the artists (Luciana Nedelea). From MB's blog where he first shows the image, he does not say whether he commissioned the image of used one the artist had already done. Might all be from the artist without connection to anything else. MB says the image shows the line of his (as yet unwritten story) does not have to have any connection to ED.

Scytale

Banned
Discussing the sex of the Angels, Pa ? Please, do know that they haven't, you heretic Brit !! ;) . Besides the flamigera sword. Definitely St Michael (Brookes ?).
Hades is right at his place as King of The Underworld. Not really mixed, as upper left quadrant is Greek, center is Norse, lower right Lovecraftian, upper right is Christian or... what?
Ofc not. But showing off such a monstrous tattoo might very well inform us about what the person is fan of. Which in the case of MB could be very interesting. It's like... espionnage ?
This.
A series about a guy who had his body tattoed with all the information, maps, clues, etc.. he will later need to escape from the prison he was about to enter. Great series !
Might have inspired MB... up to a point ?
Think it’s the Tree of Life rather then the Tree of Knowledge. Former gave immortality, the latter knowledge of good & evil.
Pretty sure it's Yggdrasil.
(Yggdrasil from Old Norse Yggdrasill) is an immense mythical tree that plays a central role in Norse cosmology, where it connects the Nine Worlds. )
Like Raxxla ?

Last edited:
Cthulhu(Chthonic), Persephone/Cora, gates of Hades, valley of the shadow, cerberus, Sheol and so on, al point to the underworld. The realm of the dead.

In ED the therm ‘The Dead’ has been used as a direct reference to the Guardians.
Combined with the use of the word ‘construct’ both for Guardian AI and the Alien device on Raxxla, this makes it easy to think in that direction.

Halsey’s vision of the Caretakers that supposedly lead to Guardian ruins, is another connection.

Top Bottom