Notice ARX FAQ

If I only earn 350 ARX out of 400 by playing this week, are those remaining 50 ARX lost forever or are those 50 ARX going to be rolled over to the next week (meaning I'll be able to earn 450 ARX, but still the same total of 800 ARX) like some other games do?

In my opinion, if the pool of earnable ARX doesn't "roll over", it will encourage people to play only a bit to get that 400, then stop until the next week; instead of being able to play for a full weekend to "catch up" the ARX that you haven't got in the previous weeks.

I know a lot of players, myself included, that play many games with limited amount of freetime, so being more flexible would be a huge plus, instead of feeling forced to log in.

If I only earn 350 ARX out of 400 by playing this week, are those remaining 50 ARX lost forever or are those 50 ARX going to be rolled over to the next week (meaning I'll be able to earn 450 ARX, but still the same total of 800 ARX) like some other games do?

In my opinion, if the pool of earnable ARX doesn't "roll over", it will encourage people to play only a bit to get that 400, then stop until the next week; instead of being able to play for a full weekend to "catch up" the ARX that you haven't got in the previous weeks.

I know a lot of players, myself included, that play many games with limited amount of freetime, so being more flexible would be a huge plus, instead of feeling forced to log in.
So far as I can see, the Arx you have will roll over, those that you don't have, won't. But I might be wrong; Frontier haven't said. (Frontier have now said)
If you want to play more than 20 hours a week on a regular basis to earn 24p, I'd say you need to get out more.

Last edited:

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier

Hello @refreshfr,

There is a cap of up to 400 ARX that you can earn each week. Any ARX earned in this period will be credited to your overall ARX balance, which can be spent there and then, or saved until a later date.

If you were to only earn 350 ARX in that week, it would not increase your weekly cap for the following week; you can only earn up to 400 ARX per week.

Hello @refreshfr,

There is a cap of up to 400 ARX that you can earn each week. Any ARX earned in this period will be credited to your overall ARX balance, which can be spent there and then, or saved until a later date.

If you were to only earn 350 ARX in that week, it would not increase your weekly cap for the following week; you can only earn up to 400 ARX per week.
Right, right.

What if I perceive time differently to Frontier? Will I be punished for playing from this altered dimension?

Hello @refreshfr,

Good to have a question answered, thank you.

Hello @refreshfr,

But... but... what if the servers are down for, say, 3 hours in a week?

Will the 3 hours be added on to that week's allotment of time so I can gather the full 400 Arx per week?

I think we should be told.

Harumph! 😠

When does an "ARX Week" start? Midnight Sunday, at the Thursday tick, or is it a rolling cap?

Basically, if I had a half-term week Mon-Fri for an intensive session, would it be split across two "ARX weeks" so I'd get up to 800 ARX, or would it definitely only be 1 week (so capped at 400)?

ok, im on ps4 and been playing for about a week. I waited until this update and decided to buy some arx since i'm enjoying the game. i'm not able to login to the game now. it says: Login Failure - the game failed to communicate with the authentication server. Please check your internet connection and try again in a few minutes. what did I do wrong?

Arx gaining was stopped a couple ot mins ago, obviously to heavy exploits going on.
Waiting for FDev to confirm.

I just played the game after the update and when I logged off it said I had unclaimed ARX points. How do I claim them so I do not lose them?

Is the store actually up yet? I'm trying to look at the ARX packs and all I'm getting is a 404 error when trying to access the Game Extra Store.

Will I have been playing for almost 4 hours exploring as I was before the upgrade. In that 4 hours I only made 4 ARX. That seems to be too low for four hours of game play. What is it supposed to be or are explorers punished like this?

Like this then I will never get 400 ARX or anything near it in a week of playing say 8 hours a day. Being retired helps me do this amount of game play.

Will I have been playing for almost 4 hours exploring as I was before the upgrade. In that 4 hours I only made 4 ARX. That seems to be too low for four hours of game play. What is it supposed to be or are explorers punished like this?

Like this then I will never get 400 ARX or anything near it in a week of playing say 8 hours a day. Being retired helps me do this amount of game play.

I just experienced the same. I cleared the save on one of my alts and made 49 ARX in about an hour and a half, just running a few missions in the starter systems. Then i switched over to my main account that about 23k from my home system. Did about 40 jumps, scanning each system with my fss along the way and mapping valuable bodies, or entire smaller systems. I even confirmed a lagrange storm cloud, a crystalline structure and a t-type anomaly. All of this only gained me 8 ARX.

I think that preponderance of evidence suggests supports the conclusion that arx are (mostly) earned as you earn cash rewards. If so, deep space explorers are definitely getting the short end of the stick.

Folks thank you for your replies. I guess I will high tail it back to the bubble soon. I am sitting on 8 ARX now after a full day of playing in exploration. At this rate a week exploring nets me 56 ARX. Now this IS A JOKE!

I am heading back to the BUBBLE now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom