Really large landable planets: the list. (MK II)

Drojeae HB-G b14-1 B 1: 19,856km

Last edited:
Since not everyone used EDMC or EDD, there is some data missing from a handful of planets. Eventually I plan to visit each of these and grab the data myself.

This seems a worthy mission, I shall assist, I assume the ones you need more info on are the ones marked in yellow. They will probably be spread all across the galaxy so the more people helping the quicker we shall get it done.

Hi all, I'm going to pop all of these here with links to EDSM, no screenshots because the games down at the moment.

:eek: Wow you really have my work cut out for me lol

I'll get right on this, sorry for the delay!

This seems a worthy mission, I shall assist, I assume the ones you need more info on are the ones marked in yellow. They will probably be spread all across the galaxy so the more people helping the quicker we shall get it done.

Yes the ones in yellow are the ones I need EDSM data for. And yes they're all around the galaxy lol. I've grabbed at least 10 of them on my way back from Beagle Point, but couldn't get them all. Any help is greatly appreciated! And of course, whoever grabs the EDSM data will get their CMDR name next to the entry on the list ;)

This thread has suddenly become relevant to me. ;)

Glad to hear it! You grabbed 54th and 82nd place!

Ok, all done adding all of the planets to the list that I had missed over the past few weeks. So now I'm at a crossroads. I originally was aiming for a top 100. Thanks to CMDR Varonica, I'm well over that at 136 Large Landables!

So...in my effort to please everyone, I'm thinking of doing the top 100, and then the "50 that almost made it" list. That or we lose 36 large landables and a few people get bumped off the list.

Alternatively, just make it a size based cutoff. Given that about one ten thousandth of the galaxy has been recorded so far on EDSM there is likely at least a four digit number of planets out there that would bump the entire current list off the list.

Alternatively, just make it a size based cutoff. Given that about one ten thousandth of the galaxy has been recorded so far on EDSM there is likely at least a four digit number of planets out there that would bump the entire current list off the list.

I think I'm just going to let the list determine the size limit. So as of now you have to find a planet with a radius larger than 19,577.25KM to make the top 100. As more planets make the top 100, the required radius will increase.

That's probably partially on me. Elite Observatory currently has a minor issue where duplicate events aren't filtered when reading previous logs. :D

It's already fixed in my local copy and should show up in an update soon™.

Whoa I just noticed you're the creator of Elite Observatory! Nice! Really cool. Just downloaded and ran it. How do I filter the large landables? I don't see a checkbox for it in the settings.

Should be fourth checkbox down in the right hand column.
View attachment 144471

If that's not there then you might not have the most recent version, what link did you use to grab it? If there are stale links I should probably update them. The most recent should always be at the top of this page: https://github.com/Xjph/EliteObservatory/releases

Ah looks like I have the initial release. I used the link on your thread, so you may want to update that.

The yellow link shows: https://github.com/Xjph/EliteObservatory/releases

But the actual source link is: https://github.com/Xjph/EliteObservatory/releases/tag/v0.3.19.255

Ah looks like varonica reported it twice and I didn't notice! Fixed it, thanks for the head's up!
That's probably partially on me. Elite Observatory currently has a minor issue where duplicate events aren't filtered when reading previous logs. :D

It's already fixed in my local copy and should show up in an update soon™.

Yeah I noticed that myself and thought I have removed all the double ups, I guess I missed one, and yes, keep it to 100, if people get pushed off the bottom so be it, it will encourage them to get out there and find some more :)

Another one for the top 50:

Synuefe EN-H d11-97 A2 (Guardian bubble)

20.211 km, icy body

Attachments

• big1.png
    big1.png
    523.2 KB · Views: 196
Top Bottom