Patch Notes September Update - Patch 1

Nah. These guys need reminding that they work in a service industry.

Stuff like this update destroys reputation. And if a game company loses reputation, well... Well you do want to be playing in ten years time right?
They don't need reminding at all.
The animosity and aggression directed towards FD is just mind boggling.
There are ways to get your point across without people being rude, hostile and acting like a petulant child.

Last edited:
Greetings Commanders,

The Elite Dangerous servers will be offline for all platforms today at 13:00 (UTC) for approximately 30 minutes to apply a minor update containing a number of fixes.

Thank you for your patience.

Please find the full patch notes below:

Crashes/Stability
  • Fixed a crash that could happen when trying to load the game on PlayStation 4
Network
  • Fixed issue with players not being able to connect through a VPN
Engineering
  • Fixed soft lock when engineering an item
Communication
  • Fixed an Xbox One issue that allowed other users to communicate with a player that they are not friends with, when that player has the 'p=others can communicate with voice, text, or invites' privilege is set to 'Friends'
Uhm... :unsure:
What about all the other bugs highlighted by your community?

September Update Bugs Master List

Last edited:

Deleted member 110222

D
They don't need reminding at all.
The animosity and aggression directed towards FD is just mind boggling.
There are ways to get your point across without people being rude, hostile and acting like a petulant child.
We've tried that. We asked for beta to return. We asked for FD to delay updates for testing. We've asked for content to be rolled back to stable versions.

Instead we get a broken product.

I'll stop throwing shade when FD uses the words "we're sorry, this is our fault."

What is their fault ? That there's bugs ? There's bugs in every piece of code, should devs apologize in advance ?

They did a release, there's critical bugs they missed, they're fixing them, as they should. So far this is going as it should.

Except the "players feel they can be awful people cause a bug prevented them to play for a bit while they're playing for months" part maybe.

Deleted member 110222

D
What is their fault ? That there's bugs ? There's bugs in every piece of code, should devs apologize in advance ?

They did a release, there's critical bugs they missed, they're fixing them, as they should. So far this is going as it should.

Except the "players feel they can be awful people cause a bug prevented them to play for a bit while they're playing for months" part maybe.
You do you.

I'm not even going to try convincing you of my stance.

But yes, I, and everyone else angry about the state of affairs, has as much right to be angry as you have to be cool about it.

Honestly... I get it. Some of us are upset. The game is inaccessible and entire playstyles and activities are bugged to unplayability. I myself JUST started an xboxone account from scratch and couldnt grind for the corvette i want because the mission boards are bugged. I couldnt engineer because bugs... I couldnt even mine for a minute there. I was stuck in a near a rated Conda with 15LY jumprange... No engineering, no missions, no mining for creds...

I was so disappointed i grinded out the Guardian booster and logged off. There just wasnt much else i could do. But even though FD goofed... THEY KNOW THEY GOOFED. They are people too, with lives, wives, families, friends and all that. Yea it was the weekend and we ALL wanted to play but guess what, it was the weekend for the devs too. I work hard 5 days a week and im not working on the weekend. I dont expect the devs to either...BUT THEY DID ANYWAY. Why? Not because we players demand it but because THEY KNOW THEY GOOFED. They dont need to hear the raging salty flames of angry players on the forums. We should just chill out, stay calm, play another game until they fix this one.

They arent EA or Bethesda...thankfully.

I agree. I read somewhere that there are 2,777 reported bugs within Elite.
On the issue tracker, there are 3,705 issues right now. 613 are marked as Invalid (and there are probably plenty more rubbish reports too), 133 as Confirmed, 132 as Acknowledged, and lastly, 71 as Fixed.

However, bear in mind that reporting issues on the tracker is somewhat unpleasant, and many times people simply don't do it. Easier to just collate them on the forums too, as we've seen with this update. For example, I did a list of Codex bugs that I've come across, but there ought to be plenty more - and to be honest, I'd rather not make a report for each and every one of them. "Just" the most important ones.
Oh, and those are all present since last December. Fingers crossed that maybe the December update will fix some exploration bugs.

The biggest problem I see was that Elite had already acquired a reputation for being full of bugs, and rather than improving on this perception, the latest update managed to worsen it quite a lot. Especially bad when this came with the decision to shove "BUY ARX" almost everywhere. I don't think any of this inspired confidence in anyone, especially not new players, who were the focus of this year so far.

Last edited:
Guys, please ... be serious: there is NO reason to "thank" FDev for solving a (big) problem that they themselves have caused.

The "thank you" is comic. A series of insults would probably be more appropriate.

Well, they could have simply left it so if you would rather prefer that. I at least am quite thankful (for the game and any effort invested into it), but possibly few of you have ever been on the receiving end of a major distributed rollout. Things can break, and major issues happen too.They didn't do this out of fun, I'm sure.

O7,
🙃

I make fun of you guys when you screw up, but I applaud you for fixing things. Good job, and thank you for a relatively quick patch (along with all the work you've done serve-side).
I like your approach. This too shall pass; This program is as complex as ERP Systems (SAP, PeopleSoft) yet immensely entertaining and for less than $50 USD! Best deal in town, if you ask me!

Well, that's what I believed, yet I seemed to be able to "rediscover" an Engineer's system...
I had no idea about that,seems like a mistake or bug, should report it, currently that doesn't happen to me, everything I've discovered appears in visited stars

Top Bottom