Notice ARX FAQ

Seriously...for what.."optimizing" your min/max of free Arghs? Poor soul... sighs
If they had proper patch notes we wouldn't be in the dark about how this works.
Lack of beta also a serious flaw.
Not into maxing out Arx, I would like to know how my particular play style will in fact earn the new currency, I have no intention of altering my game play.

If they had proper patch notes we wouldn't be in the dark about how this works.
Lack of beta also a serious flaw.
Not into maxing out Arx, I would like to know how my particular play style will in fact earn the new currency, I have no intention of altering my game play.
Sorry, I don't want to offend you, but why are numbers about Arx-Value so interesting for you, if you don't bother about Arx in the first place?

I never said I wasn't bothered about Arx.
If you introduce a new currency to the game there should be proper notes on how it works.
It should be tested with accurate data.

If you know what the intention is then you can assertain if it's working correctly.
The problem here is Fdev don't want the players to be informed, information flow is at a minimum level.

This company HAD excellent communications with the players, beta testing, patch notes etc, now it's a joke.
A simple chart to show how Arx works would show if the system is actually working. Do you think it is working as designed?
If they screwed it up how would we know and let's face it they screwed up big time on this patch.

Transparency allows better testing and understanding.

What we currently have is just bad all round.

sigh. ok lets go ever this one more time everybody: even if its working badly its still giving you free money just to play.
I hope the people at fdev are not finding this whole argument as demoralizing as i do. you people are literally getting free money and all you can do is complain that you not getting more, or not getting it faster, or that its not consistent. it was just f-ing released! Give them a chance to work on it!

Last edited:
If you introduce a new currency to the game there should be proper notes on how it works.

If you know what the intention is then you can assertain if it's working correctly.
The problem here is Fdev don't want the players to be informed, information flow is at a minimum level.

This company HAD excellent communications with the players, beta testing, patch notes etc, now it's a joke.
A simple chart to show how Arx works would show if the system is actually working. Do you think it is working as designed?
If they screwed it up how would we know and let's face it they screwed up big time on this patch.

I think it's pretty clear Frontier doesn't want to share the exact numbers (yet). They will now probably gather further data on player activities and Arx earnings and adjust as they see fit. Maybe at some point they'll share those numbers with us if they think they are fine now. But I guess they will remain a mystery so Frontier is free to change them whenever they want to.

The amount of Arx you get by playing the game is rather low anyway so no point in putting too much thought into it from a player's point of view. If you want to change your behavior in order to maximize Arx gain, then you're really wasting your time anyway.

sigh. ok lets go ever this one more time everybody: even if its working badly its still giving you free money just to play.
I hope the people at fdev are not fining this whole argument as demoralizing as i do. you people are literally getting free money and all you can do is complain that you not getting more, or not getting it faster, or that its not consistent. it was just f-ing released! Give them a chance to work on it!
If you could convert Arx back to cash it would be free money but you can't can you!

I hope the people at fdev are not fining this whole argument as demoralizing as i do. you people are literally getting free money and all you can do is complain that you not getting more, or not getting it faster, or that its not consistent. it was just f-ing released! Give them a chance to work on it!
Unfortunatly I can only give you only one +1...Have several others here (y)(y)(y)(y)(y) (max. cap ;))

We are talking about FREE Arx. Why is it important HOW you get gitfed? Do you ask your relatives how much the birthday-present had cost? And where they did bought it?

Last edited:
I will say this again: if Arx was equivalent to money it would be illegal for Frontier to trade in it. You need licenses and certifications before you can keep money for people.

We buy Arx that have no monetary value for a variable price. It is store credit, not money. There is no cash equivalent for any number of Arx, because that would be legally and commercially dangerous. (It is useful for Frontier to be able to incentivise the large Arx packs too.)

If you had to close your account, Frontier may decide to gift you money as compensation for losing your Arx but they have no legal requirement to; Arx have no value. It would be a good-will gesture.

If you could convert Arx back to cash it would be free money but you can't can you!

look up the actual definition of the word money then come back. TL DR money and cash are 2 very different things.
OK doofus:

“To act as a store of
value, a money must be able to be reliably saved, stored, and retrieved – and be predictably usable as a medium of exchange when it is retrieved. The value of the money must also remain stable over time. Some have argued that inflation, by reducing the value of money, diminishes the ability of the money to function as a store of value.[4]

Properties

To fulfill its various functions,
money must have certain properties:[27]
  • Fungibility: its individual units must be capable of mutual substitution (i.e., interchangeability).
  • Durability: able to withstand repeated use.
  • Portability: easily carried and transported.
  • Cognizability: its value must be easily identified.
  • Stability of value: its value should not fluctuate.”
tl;dr: Arx is the opposite of money.

Money is any item or verifiable record that is generally accepted as payment for goods and services and repayment of debts, such as taxes, in a particular country or socio-economic context. The main functions of money are distinguished as: a medium of exchange, a unit of account, a store of value and sometimes, a standard of deferred payment. Any item or verifiable record that fulfils these functions can be considered as money.
TL DR money is anything you use to pay for things. therefore ARX = MONEY. so FREE ARX = FREE MONEY.

Might you both agree that Arx may be a money within the ED socio-economic context, but it is no such thing in the wider world since it is not exchangeable for another currency at an agreed and stable rate of exchange. It may not be exchanged for national currency at all.

Arx is not a good, an item that may be purchased or sold for an agreed sum. It cannot be sold.

Arx is, as close as I can reason, a service. It can be purchased, but once we have bought it, we can never sell it.

I can sell you a potato, and I might give you a free potato. You are then able to give the potato to someone else and have the option of selling it to them. A potato is a good.
I can give you a massage, and I might give you a free massage. However, having received the massage, you cannot pass it on to anyone else. A massage is a service.

That massage has a value to you and it requires an expenditure of effort and resources from me.
Similarly, Arx has a value to us and it requires an expenditure of effort and resources from Frontier. They make the paint jobs available to us.

So while Arx may operate as a form of money within the ED socio-economic context (ie in the game client) within the world context it is a service.

Top Bottom