Notice ARX FAQ

a person in the brocast discord posted this a bit ago

"apparently when you go to the site where you can buy arx and then look at the metadata, you get this: <meta property="og:description" content="Arx is the Elite Dangerous in-game currency used to buy customisations for your commander, ships, SRVs, fighters, weapons, and buildings."> notice the last word. "

any comment FDev? :)
Already fixed, but now apparently you can't use ARX to customize weapons ;)

Do we know already what activities give you how many Arks ?

Each sessions from the update, I earn a fex ARXs (less than 10) just doing my stuff.
But Yesterday all of a sudden, i got 80 "exploration Arx" at once, still just doing my stuff.

For the record, all I did was :
  • Messing around in the Galaxy map (I mention it because I spend 10+ minutes there)
  • Transfer a ship from another station (1h30 waiting)
  • FSS the valuables of 2 new systems that where only 1 jump from where I was.
  • Did a few mission "bring data to a station" in between 2 said systems.
  • Noticeably I Maxed the federation rep and got a federation rank up (it unlocks 2 systems)
  • Did a bit of laser mining (not very successfull) did not sold the cargo yet

Last edited:
Crimson Kaim said:
Q: It is stated that ARX is earned by "playing the game" (and that there will be a weekly limit for ARX being earned). Looking at the PvP playstyle, it has always been excluded from many gameplay mechanics such as BGS influence, PowerPlay, Engineers and much more. Namely destroying player ships is handled completely different from destroying NPC ships (Bounty Hunting PvE). For example, destroyed player ships don't drop materials and 30 merits.
Will the playstyle PvP be excluded as well from earning ARX in the september update?
We'll have more info about how to earn ARX in-game closer to the launch of the September Update. Rest assured, we'll be taking into account all the different playstyles Commanders have when making any final decisions.

FD the above is from your ARX FAQ....did you release the info on 'how to earn ARX in-game' ?

If so I don't think I've seen it, would you mind pointing me to where it's posted. Thanks

I have been doing some mining for my rank and also just saving up in general for new ships. I have been doing the mining over several sessions, as I have limited time, an hour here and an hour there. When i sell my void opals for almost 200 million credits, i then return to menu to see the ARX i earned for the several hours of mining and got a total of 3 ARX, 1 for the 'exploration' to the site where I sold the void opals, and 2 for trade. Several hours of mining and 2 ARX? is the reward set up for mining as well? as when running missions I get many more than this.

This is nice but it's not from FD and the accuracy is therefore questionable. Also due to the rather bugged nature of the update its hard to know which parts of earning ARX in-game is working as intended and which parts are not.

From FD;
"We'll have more info about how to earn ARX in-game closer to the launch of the September Update. Rest assured, we'll be taking into account all the different playstyles Commanders have when making any final decisions."

I'm still waiting for the official info on this as offered pre-update by FD in the ARX FAQ.

Seriously...for what.."optimizing" your min/max of free Arghs? Poor soul... sighs
If they had proper patch notes we wouldn't be in the dark about how this works.
Lack of beta also a serious flaw.
Not into maxing out Arx, I would like to know how my particular play style will in fact earn the new currency, I have no intention of altering my game play.

If they had proper patch notes we wouldn't be in the dark about how this works.
Lack of beta also a serious flaw.
Not into maxing out Arx, I would like to know how my particular play style will in fact earn the new currency, I have no intention of altering my game play.
Sorry, I don't want to offend you, but why are numbers about Arx-Value so interesting for you, if you don't bother about Arx in the first place?

I never said I wasn't bothered about Arx.
If you introduce a new currency to the game there should be proper notes on how it works.
It should be tested with accurate data.

If you know what the intention is then you can assertain if it's working correctly.
The problem here is Fdev don't want the players to be informed, information flow is at a minimum level.

This company HAD excellent communications with the players, beta testing, patch notes etc, now it's a joke.
A simple chart to show how Arx works would show if the system is actually working. Do you think it is working as designed?
If they screwed it up how would we know and let's face it they screwed up big time on this patch.

Transparency allows better testing and understanding.

What we currently have is just bad all round.

sigh. ok lets go ever this one more time everybody: even if its working badly its still giving you free money just to play.
I hope the people at fdev are not finding this whole argument as demoralizing as i do. you people are literally getting free money and all you can do is complain that you not getting more, or not getting it faster, or that its not consistent. it was just f-ing released! Give them a chance to work on it!

Last edited:
If you introduce a new currency to the game there should be proper notes on how it works.

If you know what the intention is then you can assertain if it's working correctly.
The problem here is Fdev don't want the players to be informed, information flow is at a minimum level.

This company HAD excellent communications with the players, beta testing, patch notes etc, now it's a joke.
A simple chart to show how Arx works would show if the system is actually working. Do you think it is working as designed?
If they screwed it up how would we know and let's face it they screwed up big time on this patch.

I think it's pretty clear Frontier doesn't want to share the exact numbers (yet). They will now probably gather further data on player activities and Arx earnings and adjust as they see fit. Maybe at some point they'll share those numbers with us if they think they are fine now. But I guess they will remain a mystery so Frontier is free to change them whenever they want to.

The amount of Arx you get by playing the game is rather low anyway so no point in putting too much thought into it from a player's point of view. If you want to change your behavior in order to maximize Arx gain, then you're really wasting your time anyway.

sigh. ok lets go ever this one more time everybody: even if its working badly its still giving you free money just to play.
I hope the people at fdev are not fining this whole argument as demoralizing as i do. you people are literally getting free money and all you can do is complain that you not getting more, or not getting it faster, or that its not consistent. it was just f-ing released! Give them a chance to work on it!
If you could convert Arx back to cash it would be free money but you can't can you!

I hope the people at fdev are not fining this whole argument as demoralizing as i do. you people are literally getting free money and all you can do is complain that you not getting more, or not getting it faster, or that its not consistent. it was just f-ing released! Give them a chance to work on it!
Unfortunatly I can only give you only one +1...Have several others here (y)(y)(y)(y)(y) (max. cap ;))

We are talking about FREE Arx. Why is it important HOW you get gitfed? Do you ask your relatives how much the birthday-present had cost? And where they did bought it?

Last edited:
Top Bottom