Elite Dangerous PS4 Feature Requests and PS4 FAQ

Spotify can kiss my controller. If you don’t pay you get slammed with adverts. The artist receives basically nothing, fine I suppose if you’re Pink Floyd, terrible if you’re a new ‘local heroes’ band.

When I did try Spotify, it kept crashing my game, mixing the songs up (like renaming them) and was generally a mess.
PS4 media player will play your OWN music of USB storage or via DLNA server While in game...
Create a "music" Folder of MP3/M4A/Flac files for playing in ED then run the Music from the "Music" folder...
Mobile phones or PC or Mac or tablets can install DLNA servers to stream to PS4 direct if you don't want to use USB storage files...
PS4 media player was released in 2015...

This is one reason why developers paying for expensive "pop" music in titles has become kinda pointless as the PS4 allows you to over ride it...

Last edited:
PS4 media player will play your OWN music of USB storage or via DLNA server While in game...
Create a music Folder of MP3/M4A/Flac files for playing in ED then run the Music from the Music folder...
Mobile phones or PC or Mac or tablets can install DLNA servers to stream to PS4 direct if you don't want to use USB storage files...

This is one reason why developers paying for expensive "pop" music in titles has become kinda pointless as the PS4 allows you to over ride it...

OMG! Thank you. I’m on this now.

Create a music Folder of MP3/M4A/Flac files for playing in ED then run the Music from the Music folder...

I’d done the USB way before but it failed, having just read the instructions I now see you have to make a folder called ‘music’. I have done that now and am now zooming around listening to Pink Floyd Astronomy Domine. Thank you again.

I think, at this point, they don't care about any trophy related stuff. Kinda sad and prevents me from buying a console version.
Bots for CQC would save the day, but they want to other stuff right now.

How about fixing broken trophies?

I reported 'Split Decision! not popping on PS4 Pro back in Feb'. Still waiting!
I’ve found some only ping when playing in open, I had to crack 3 roids before it popped.
I’ve given up trying for the cqc. If they made it cross platform I’m sure the PC cmdrs would love to show us how it’s done 🙂

Patricko said:
I think, at this point, they don't care about any trophy related stuff. Kinda sad and prevents me from buying a console version.
They're not the only ones. If Sony cared about the integrity of the trophy system, they'd force devs to sort out issues straight away. Sure a lot of poeple don't care, but many do and they are the ones pushing up sales, esp' for the Indies Sony claims to love so much.

I’ve found some only ping when playing in open, I had to crack 3 roids before it popped.
Might give that a try, thanks.

I would like to request a new feature:
Can you make the game actually work? Or,
If there is a big problem, let us know, say sorry, call Winston Wolf, and keep us updated.
I am entirely happy to hear how a problem is being solved, but very irritated when I do not know what is happenening.

Dear FDev, firstly I love the game overall! but there are two things that I think are core to address for the PS4 platform:

1. CQC still bluescreens and crashes practically every match. Understandably this puts a lot of people off this mode which is a great shame, you clearly put a great deal of effort into it's development and it's going unnoticed and under-appreciated as a result.

2. Also, some of the CQC trophies on PS4 do not pop when you get the requisite number of wins, e.g. "Butcher" which requires 10 wins in deathmatch doesn't seem to unlock despite getting nearly double that amount. I'm not a developer, I fix people not code for a living, but surely this is a relatively easy fix?

These bugs have been logged into the issue tracker but I'm just hoping that these are firmly on your radar and will be addressed in future patches please? Thank you!

Using a Dualshock4, I am looking for a spreadsheet or map that shows a blank canvas of what I could map my controller to do in Elite dangerous. My search has proved fruitless up to this point. If there is an available spreadsheet or blank mapping that I could be pointed to it would be much appreciated. I want to see all the possible items I can bind to to figure out what to map and what not to map to.

Using a Dualshock4, I am looking for a spreadsheet or map that shows a blank canvas of what I could map my controller to do in Elite dangerous. My search has proved fruitless up to this point. If there is an available spreadsheet or blank mapping that I could be pointed to it would be much appreciated. I want to see all the possible items I can bind to to figure out what to map and what not to map to.
keep searching there was a Google sheet which was the PC Key map list.. moved to google which listed every mapping option in the HOLE game that they could add to USB Keyboard...
As PS4 player I never bothered to remember which PC topic had it...
Other people (PS4 and Xbox ) just took screen shots with the share/capture button of every section of the Key screens fully expaned then wrote there keys mapping in a list down.. in case there save game got nuked after they did the remaaping...
Both PS4 and Xbox user have had to do this in case save game gets nuked after update...

Last edited:
keep searching there was a Google sheet which was the PC Key map list.. moved to google which listed every mapping option in the HOLE game that they could add to USB Keyboard...
As PS4 player I never bothered to remember which PC topic had it...
Other people (PS4 and Xbox ) just took screen shots with the share/capture button of every section of the Key screens fully expaned then wrote there keys mapping in a list down.. in case there save game got nuked after they did the remaaping...
Both PS4 and Xbox user have had to do this in case save game gets nuked after update...

What I was afraid but I super appreciate the reply.

I want to be able to seamlessly switch from Dualshock controller to the HOTAS, which I believe our PC bretheren are able to do. Navigating menus, the galaxy map and FSS as well as driving the SRV are immersion-breaking and horrible with the joystick. As a result, I've given up using the HOTAS at all, which is a shame because combat is much more satisfying using the joystick and throttle. If this isn't possible, then at least implement full keyboard and mouse support so that driving and navigation could be done that way. I am expecting nothing less than this in the next big paid update in 2020 and will be very disappointed if it isn't there.

I want to be able to seamlessly switch from Dualshock controller to the HOTAS, which I believe our PC bretheren are able to do. Navigating menus, the galaxy map and FSS as well as driving the SRV are immersion-breaking and horrible with the joystick. As a result, I've given up using the HOTAS at all, which is a shame because combat is much more satisfying using the joystick and throttle.[snip]
Yeah, I had to change a few Hotas settings to be able to explore the map easier, but I still forget what they are at times.

Fortunately, you can use the DS4 to type text. If you haven't already, it might be worth checking if a USB keyboard works for text entry alongside using the Hotas for everything else.

Top Bottom