More realistic and in-depth kill animations

I understand this game is for all ages but the kill animations are weird... like I put a wold into my Nile monitor enclosure by accidentšŸ˜‚šŸ˜‰ but then I saw the wolf fly 15 ft in the air and land on the monitor killing it instantly, it was very stupid I believe the animals should hunt and kill like their real life counterparts much like jurassic world evolution.

And plus I believe the mass of the population playing this game are over the age of 10 and can handle a bit of blood or killing of imaginary things the ones younger should be supervised anyway and probably have no idea of what is going on.

I also believe the animals should have the option to eat live food, and that the vivarium animals should eat like crickets etc. Because they never seem to have the inclination to eat and if you have a bird eater spider for example it should be able to eat crickets, roaches and small mice.

Please like if you agree and tell me your opinions below...

I would like to see this too. But it should be a separate pack or something that can be toggled on and off in settings. That way it can still remain censored for children and those who don't want to see it. I'm not one of those players that purposely throws my cute bunnies to the lions, but I do like realism in games. An angry lion getting out and terrorizing, even killing guests would definitely add new challenges. Good luck recovering from that. :D

No thanks.

This topic has already been talked about at length.. so there wasnā€™t really a need to post another one.
Itā€™s a zoo game, not a ā€œI wanna throw my Aardvarks in the lion enclosureā€ game. šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø Play how you want, but there are far more important details imho than ā€œhunting animationsā€

No thanks.

This topic has already been talked about at length.. so there wasnā€™t really a need to post another one.
Itā€™s a zoo game, not a ā€œI wanna throw my Aardvarks in the lion enclosureā€ game. šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø Play how you want, but there are far more important details imho than ā€œhunting animationsā€
I haven't seen the other post yet ... But there are always going to be players who want everything to be realistic as possible. I'm one of those players even though I don't like to make my animals kill each other. Little things get to us "perfectionists" but it won't stop us from enjoying the game. I just want to throw it out there that this, if ever considered, should be an optional feature.

I haven't seen the other post yet ... But there are always going to be players who want everything to be realistic as possible. I'm one of those players even though I don't like to make my animals kill each other. Little things get to us "perfectionists" but it won't stop us from enjoying the game. I just want to throw it out there that this, if ever considered, should be an optional feature.

I agree like Jurassic world the game blood affects and realistic and brutal kill animations should be an affect that can be deactivated and activated at will depending on the users preference. There are many people like me who would love to see a wolf and a Komodo dragon go at it but there are many who wouldnā€™t. Either way I will enjoy the game but to truely enjoy it Iā€™d have to at least try get my features implemented.

I also believe that fight animations should be able to be turned off for people unwilling to see that, but to me I will look after and maintain my animals welfare personal needs and make their stay as natural as possible both in real life and in this game, I love animals. But on the other hand this is a game and to really get the full enjoyment you have to try everything (king cobra v tiger) like literally everything and Iā€™d rather that experience be to the users taste either realistic or not I would personally love it to be realistic, now I am just ranting but you understand

I agree like Jurassic world the game blood affects and realistic and brutal kill animations should be an affect that can be deactivated and activated at will depending on the users preference. There are many people like me who would love to see a wolf and a Komodo dragon go at it but there are many who wouldnā€™t. Either way I will enjoy the game but to truely enjoy it Iā€™d have to at least try get my features implemented.

I also believe that fight animations should be able to be turned off for people unwilling to see that, but to me I will look after and maintain my animals welfare personal needs and make their stay as natural as possible both in real life and in this game, I love animals. But on the other hand this is a game and to really get the full enjoyment you have to try everything (king cobra v tiger) like literally everything and Iā€™d rather that experience be to the users taste either realistic or not I would personally love it to be realistic, now I am just ranting but you understand
Well said. :D

It's a zoo game. You want it to be realistic? It already is. Life feeding is rarely allowed concerning law (Protection of animal act) and the one time a zoo had the idea to feed a (dead) giraffe in front of visitors, it got a huge uproar. Realism is, people in zoos don't want to see dead animals. More so, they don't want to see animals kill other animals, even if it's natural prey.

Bottom line is: It's not a wildlife game and a wild life gamestyle therefore is not supported and probably never will. At least not in the planet universe.

You may have misunderstood. I would like the guests to feed the animals pellets. A few zoos I've been to allow this with some animals. Not all of them of course. I don't think it would end well for guest to hand feed a lion.
I really wouldn't be interested in feeding my deceased animal to another animal either. Escaped animals cause new problems and I personally like the challenge aspect of that.

????
The thread is called "more realistic killing animations" and the thread-starter WagWag G requested the option that animals eat living food. That was what I was comenting on. I can't read anything about pellets.

Well yes, if an animal gets into another exhibit, the killing should be more realistic. It's already killing them. Why not make it more realistic?
(I may have confused my conversations as well. haha. Got to love forums.)

As I said above: It's a zoo game. Zoos don't really feed living animals (exceptions are made for some reptiles and spiders and such), because it is restricted by law AND because guests don't want to see it.

I highly doubt we were talking about a carnivor ACCIDENTALY getting into a herbivore habitat. If so, that wouldn't be realistic as well. Security levels are very very high in zoos and such situation would mean a carnivore had to break out (happens rarely) and feels the need or wish to hunt (which is highly doubtful because stressed animals don't eat and an animal that is not in it's knowen habitat is stressed and in panic) and has to break into a well secured other excibit.

To put it in a nutshell: A zoo game does not need a realistic killing animation. At least not because of realism. Player sadism is not realism. It's just a controvers form of playstyle. Frontier already made very clear that they won't support this playstyle, as it does not fit with their idea of the planet universe.

Errrm.. thanks, I guess? I was argumenting. In a rather realistic context. But of course you could interprete valid arguments as a "striking nerve" answer. Doesn't make it less valid, though. Feel free to research to find out if I was argumenting out of facts.

No need. I'd want these things to be optional if by some chance implemented. And at the very least stop animals from leaping 15 ft in the air and dropping down on their prey. That's a supernatural talent I believe. And honestly scarier than the truth.

No one will ever have a perfect zoo all the time. As they grow there is going to be a few animals that get out. Many players build habitats that share walls. Things happen. I prefer realistic animal stalking. Even if a cloud of dust disguises the actual attack.

The game is meant to be a zoo sim, now if you choose to play another way fine, but thereā€™s tons of other things the devs can work on besides something that they arenā€™t looking to replicate... lol.

The devs have already said they are working on fixing the jump animations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not trying to come across as rude, apologies.

All Iā€™m saying is this topic has been discussed and playing a ā€œwildlife parkā€ isnā€™t the goal here. Now, you can do whatever you want, but I donā€™t see how this is relevant to what frontier is trying to put forth, again, itā€™s a zoo management game, not a wildlife reserve sim . If this was a safari game, then by all means, I too would want realistic animations, but itā€™s not.

It's a zoo game. You want it to be realistic? It already is. Life feeding is rarely allowed concerning law (Protection of animal act) and the one time a zoo had the idea to feed a (dead) giraffe in front of visitors, it got a huge uproar. Realism is, people in zoos don't want to see dead animals. More so, they don't want to see animals kill other animals, even if it's natural prey.

Bottom line is: It's not a wildlife game and a wild life gamestyle therefore is not supported and probably never will. At least not in the planet universe.
What are you on about mate I mean mice, rabbit and other natural prey not a dead giraffešŸ˜‘, if I want to make two animals fight im certainly allowed to and you canā€™t stop that neither can real life law I donā€™t know if you have realised but this is a game not real life. And many zoos feed snake live mice and many zoos and nature reserves give live feed to other larger animals.

I dont care if you like my idea because many others do I want good kill and jumping animations to make my experience better and you want other thing does not make my point invalid do not comment on another of my posts again as your opinion (wrong and condescending) is unwanted here!

Not trying to come across as rude, apologies.

All Iā€™m saying is this topic has been discussed and playing a ā€œwildlife parkā€ isnā€™t the goal here. Now, you can do whatever you want, but I donā€™t see how this is relevant to what frontier is trying to put forth, again, itā€™s a zoo management game, not a wildlife reserve sim . If this was a safari game, then by all means, I too would want realistic animations, but itā€™s not.

Yeah I get it but Jurassic world evolution is a dinosaur zoo game in basic terms, but the kill animations are properly put together and so are the breakout animations. Animals fighting with sometimes fatal endings should be the consequence for the zoo keepers arrogance or whatever and should not look like two teddies have a play fight and one dies this game is meant for realism and honestly it lacks it in this area of the game.

Plus I believe you should be able to turn realistic animations off and on and will for people who donā€™t like the idea of death and the consequences of predator and prey but me personally I like the idea and want the game to be as realistic as possible.

šŸ™„ Youā€™re gonna have people disagree with you, itā€™s the internet šŸ˜‚ canā€™t handle it? Donā€™t post anything until you can learn to take criticism.

The game is meant to be a zoo sim, now if you choose to play another way fine, but thereā€™s tons of other things the devs can work on besides something that they arenā€™t looking to replicate... lol.

The devs have already said they are working on fixing the jump animations.

Yeah but donā€™t you think if you put a wolf and a zebra in a small blocked of enclosure it will have a bitter ending of course it would and the point of a sim is realism so these animations need to portray this accurately and besides this I would love for more animals to be added but maybe they have already worked on this and will add it to the full game on launch or maybe it will be released with content pack. Either way I want it and I have criticism for your beliefs as well but arguing on a forum and not face to face is pointless so I will save my own time now enjoy the game how you want to but if I want my Komodo to eat a buffalo that is my decision and I would like it to be depicted accurately and if you donā€™t like death in animals donā€™t play a zoo sim. P.s there not real

Top Bottom