Alec's best of the forum (and elsewhere) [v2]

Trending: new Interstellar Initiative "The Scourge" has arrived. Also LOTS of petitions, and petitions abdout petitions, and open letters about the petitions about the petitions but meh, can't say I'm that interested. Oh, and another patch which I think leaves the September update back in reasonably good shape again. Phew, can we get back to the game again now?

Trending: new Interstellar Initiative "The Scourge" has arrived. Also LOTS of petitions, and petitions abdout petitions, and open letters about the petitions about the petitions but meh, can't say I'm that interested. Oh, and another patch which I think leaves the September update back in reasonably good shape again. Phew, can we get back to the game again now?

I agree, for the most part after today's update the September update is not all that bad. Now, if only the %*#@ing Press[Key] Prompts would go away.

Trending: Apparently we can earn 945,000 credits per ton in the second phase of the Scourge (not to mention we can also buy cheap transporter ships to do it in). Is this utter fertiliser or a genuine cashgrab opportunity from Frontier? Only time will tell.

Update: now fixed - too late, had your chance, muffed it! 😂

Last edited:
Trending: Elite Aid charity livestream starts tomorrow!

I've also added the really excellent Flintlock Engineering Series of YouTube guides on weapon engineering to the "ships, weapon stat's, combat tips, etc" section.

Just wanted to give another shoutout for @zombieapocalypse's really REALLY brilliant "comprehensive beginner’s guide" - not just 'cos it's really REALLY brilliant but also because unlike say, ahem, Frontier's "living manual" (which has kicked the bucket, shuffled off it's mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisible) is actually being maintained (and has just received a refresh to reflect changes in the September 2019 update).

elite-dangerous-a-comprehensive-beginners-guide-beyond-3-3-edition

Oh, and I've decided to introduce a star rating to some of the things listed in the OP here ('cos there's so many now). This is something I'll do more on later but for now the above guide is the first entry to receive a coveted ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating.

Update: just done a very quick pass over the OP giving some star ratings to a few things which I know for a fact are unequivocably excellent or very good.

Don't be too upset if I haven't given your thing a star rating (yet) - everything in the OP is excellent - I just wanted to highlight a few entries which I know are still relevant and maintained and which I still visit frequently (or have at least checked recently) and which I can recommend unreservedly.

And yes - a couple of those are my own but a) I've been modest enough to only give them 4 stars and b) I do at least know that they're accurate to the best of my knowledge and can therefore stand by them without having to double check (which is what I hope to be doing for the rest of the stuff over time).

Trending: A new Guardian site has been discovered, there's a new Buckyball race starting tomorrow (and running until next Sunday) and Cmdr Rustnsawdust's ice world circumnavigation is turning into an adventure well worth following.

Last edited:
Top Bottom