The Star Citizen Thread V10

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Unbelievers! The pipelines hide a million awesome things to come!
But they are hidden within ArcCorp's seedy unbelly of infrastructure which I can't access!

iu

Patience, brother, it will all be revealed in due time. And strike the Unbelievers with stupefaction with its splendour and plenteousness. They shall gaze in awe upon it with open mouths.
To be fair, all of that has already happened. Except for the increasingly opposite reasons of “splendour” and “plenteousness”. ;)

Greetings Cmdrs,

Been a while since I posted on these forums.
A FleetComm Star Citizen Discord server is now open to people who are playing SC or are looking for a place to discuss it, get news updates in a friendly, cooperative environment. For those of you who don't know FleetComm, it is both one of the largest Elite PvE private groups and Exploration oriented Discord servers, notably official host of the Distant Worlds expeditions. The FC SC server broadly follows the same rules and cares to keep the same spirit of cooperation and friendliness but in the SC universe.

As such, any attempt at trolling or spying or griefing (beyond the scope of official valid gameplay) will be met by a swift kicking or more likely an insta-ban, without appeal ; I will have no patience for children. If you're genuinely interested in SC, you will find a nice place to get on board this adventure :)

Discord invite.

See you in the black, Citizens o7

Last edited:
Greetings Cmdrs,

A FleetComm Star Citizen server is now open to people who are playing SC or are looking for a place to discuss it, get news updates in a friendly, cooperative environment. For those of you who don't know FleetComm, it is both one of the largest Elite PvE private groups and Exploration oriented Discord servers, notably official host of the Distant Worlds expeditions. The FC SC server broadly follows the same rules and cares to keep the same spirit of cooperation and friendliness but in the SC universe.

As such, any attempt at trolling or spying or griefing (beyond the scope of official valid gameplay) will be met by a swift kicking or more likely an insta-ban, without appeal ; I will have no patience for children. If you're genuinely interested in SC, you will find a nice place to get on board this adventure :)

Discord invite.

A private server? How does it work getting one? Do you have to apply or something?

Since the Calder’s investment I would imagine they have worked with a new goal of actually creating a game they can launch. Rather than a perpetual drive to extract the most money from an overzealous fan base.
Considering how badly it’s gone I have my doubts they are capable of completing it to an acceptable level.

I still really don't get the people who claim that enjoying in this current mess....I was playing again and now I was even more boring to repeat all dumb procedure just to find the cave and walk around in the dark....I just do not get where is the FUN in all of that?

I still really don't get the people who claim that enjoying in this current mess....I was playing again and now I was even more boring to repeat all dumb procedure just to find the cave and walk around in the dark....I just do not get where is the FUN in all of that?

Well, to be fair, everyone is different and can find fun in different things. I'll never try and argue the fun aspect with someone who enjoys SC, because you can never tell what some people find fun.

My wife spends hours playing those social network farmville style games.... go figure, but she enjoys it.

I'm sure there are things you can find fun with in SC. I'm sure if i really wanted to, i could get into SC, try and ignore the bugs (ITS ALPHA!), and perhaps enjoy some aspects of the game. If nothing else, sneaking on board the ships of whales and shooting the owners might be fun.

I'm not willing to do so because it means giving money to someone i feel has not yet earned it, lied, and used deceptive marketing practices to obtain funding, which is why i'm waiting for release to see what is produced. Even then, i'll have my reservations and if it smacks of pay to win or has subscriptions, i'll steer well clear.

Greetings Cmdrs,

A FleetComm Star Citizen Discord server is now open to people who are playing SC or are looking for a place to discuss it, get news updates in a friendly, cooperative environment. For those of you who don't know FleetComm, it is both one of the largest Elite PvE private groups and Exploration oriented Discord servers, notably official host of the Distant Worlds expeditions. The FC SC server broadly follows the same rules and cares to keep the same spirit of cooperation and friendliness but in the SC universe.

Discord invite.

Hey Qohen... i must admit, i'm a bit confused. Fleetcomm is an exploration group, and this is Star Citizen, a game with less exploration in it than Jet Set Willy.

Are you basically holding out, waiting for the day that CIG adds the 100 systems? Or the orientation of FleetComm for SC is different?

Well, to be fair, everyone is different and can find fun in different things. I'll never try and argue the fun aspect with someone who enjoys SC, because you can never tell what some people find fun.

My wife spends hours playing those social network farmville style games.... go figure, but she enjoys it.

I'm sure there are things you can find fun with in SC. I'm sure if i really wanted to, i could get into SC, try and ignore the bugs (ITS ALPHA!), and perhaps enjoy some aspects of the game. If nothing else, sneaking on board the ships of whales and shooting the owners might be fun.

I'm not willing to do so because it means giving money to someone i feel has not yet earned it, lied, and used deceptive marketing practices to obtain funding, which is why i'm waiting for release to see what is produced. Even then, i'll have my reservations and if it smacks of pay to win or has subscriptions, i'll steer well clear.

It hurts to see you mock the one true game and Great Prime Executive, but even if our tiny hearts wish for the Unbelievers to be struck down with righteous fury, I console myself with thoughts about the day we play Star Citisnt together and you will say: "I can't believe I ever doubted this great opus!"

Don't get me wrong I 100% get the people who like to play the games like farmville or some totally different genres that I personally do not prefer...The things is that I don't get the people who backed the Space Sim and then claim to enjoy in bugged walking(cave)simulator.....

Last edited:
I've long since concluded (from this showcase of the full spectrum of self-contradiction as well as from numerous others that have beaten it to the punch) that if it's one thing that “space sim” fans absolutely detest, it's space and any kind of simulation related to it.

Don't get me wrong I 100% get the people who like to play the games like farmville or some totally different genres that I personally do not prefer...The things is that I don't get the people who backed the Space Sim and then claim to enjoy in bugged walking(cave)simulator.....

I think your issue is more not whether people can enjoy it, but how can they enjoy something that is different from what they backed.

The answer i think is simple. There are fun elements there and they believe they will still get what they backed... one day.

People are different, thats why. "Fun" also isnt a really important factor in all this. We are mostly discussing SCs capabilities, both promised and actual or rather the discrepancies between the two. Or if what SC tries to accomplish really is that special? To me the game seems to be rather boring or too restricted but I only speak for myself. The people who try to paint me as a madman or hater simply for calling out lacking qualities are more entertaining (and shocking). Of course you wouldnt need SC for this. Flatearth, cults, politicians...people can argue over anything...regardless how ridiculous or pityful it is. SC simply started out as a project I was interested in. Over time it became pretty clear that its impossible to achieve for Chris and CIG, could have walked away right then....stayed for the community...hows that for irony? :)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom