Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

D'oh! Yes, I see the four in the slot now. I'll detach my camera and have a look at the end wall :D I'm just a curious cat...

I just made Duke. Going to stop grinding rank for a while as it's becoming a bit repetitive - mind you, it was quite lucrative: nearly every other mission run had at least a 10mCR delivery reward for 180 palladium. Add to that the other stuff that could fill my hold and all the poll and courier stuff with time bonuses, I think I made 150mCR since I started the grind (y):love:

Well with that sort of funding just build yourself an armoured and shielded brick then fly into a station without docking permission and look for where the shots come from.

Alternatively you could do the grind another 10-100 times for the funds for a Fleet Carrier. Well at least for the deposit for one.

Woah, wait... we know the cost of the carrier now? I must investigate!

No, we don't yet. Still a lot of conjecture.

ETA, while I was messing about doing nothing much, I came across one of these:

7Sfg6cl.jpg

(Can you tell what it is yet?)

Last edited:
It would be sweet to see one if the Alliance ships lose the military restriction on modules

I agree with that. I got some data for the medium ships (+orca) to compare them.

Assuming I don't want more than 128 slots (seems a good amount for my playtime) I can get that with the Challenger if I go shieldless with 4 collectors. If I want shield both chieftain and challenger are 64 slots only, with chieftain down to 3 collectors but more agility. None of the other ships compare to agility of Orca.

I looked at Chieftain, Challenger, Krait MkIi, Krait Phantom, Python, Orca. Only the alliance ships come close to Orca agility (or even best it). Their main problem is that they can't use both of the size 6 slots for cargo unless shieldless. If only shields could be placed in military slots...

Last edited:
I agree with that. I got some data for the medium ships (+orca) to compare them.

Assuming I don't want more than 128 slots (seems a good amount for my playtime) I can get that with the Challenger if I go shieldless with 4 collectors. If I want shield both chieftain and challenger are 64 slots only, with chieftain down to 3 collectors but more agility. None of the other ships compare to agility of Orca.

I looked at Chieftain, Challenger, Krait MkIi, Krait Phantom, Python, Orca. Only the alliance ships come close to Orca agility (or even best it). Their main problem is that they can't use both of the size 6 slots for cargo unless shieldless. If only shields could be placed in military slots...
Correction: Challenger would get 128 slots with size 4 shield and 2x2 collectors. Chieftain would get 80 with 3 collectors (96 if you can accept 2 collectors, in which case challenger would get 1 free size 3 slot).

I do wish that shields could be placed in military slots. Makes sense to me that they could.

I've had an odd sort of day. I started out in the Mamba, just because that's what I was driving last. I was on a planet. It could have been any planet, but it was this one. I flew away.

Then I went out hunting Thargoid Scouts again. I've decided I don't enjoy it much. I got better at avoiding the caustic stuff, but it's just not very engaging.

I had heard it was a fast way to get combat rank, because each Scout is considered elite, but you have to spend a lot of time hunting them, going from USS to USS...meh. It's not much faster, if at all, and killing the bugs is gross. lol. I can add it to my "list of things I've done" though.

And my Krait looked nice out there:

So then I went mining for a while. The Cutter has definitely become my favorite mining ship. I really enjoy it.

When it was time to sell I wound up at a station that was orbiting a white dwarf. I've never seen one, and the sheer amount of blue was pretty amazing. My Cutter is blue, and it has blue engine trails, and the station was blue, and the lighting was blue on blue too. Haha.

I couldn't quite capture the effect in a screenshot, but this'll give you an idea. :)

Fly safe and stuff.

Today I have been mostly extending my 'ignore' list. It grew exponentially during last month's hysteria, and another dozen names were added after tonight's announcement (and I only read through half-a-dozen pages before I gave up).

Pretty soon this will be the only thread on the forums I'll be able to read :D

In other news... I'm still about 20 jumps from Colonia. I'd be there already if I could just not scan 40-body systems.

Currently I am relearning how to fly my FdL Aurora* in Conflict Zones for the latest Community Goal in the ongoing Interstellar Initiative.

It is good fun as long as I have enough boost to get away when the Special Ops wing turns up, actually it gets to be fun again when they get focussed on the other ships so I can join in without being mobbed.

This is the all multi-cannon one.

Currently I am relearning how to fly my FdL Aurora* in Conflict Zones for the latest Community Goal in the ongoing Interstellar Initiative.

It is good fun as long as I have enough boost to get away when the Special Ops wing turns up, actually it gets to be fun again when they get focussed on the other ships so I can join in without being mobbed.

This is the all multi-cannon one.
Other then the BGS from community goal, do you gain/lose something not taking part? I've not been close to the action so far but last session got closer to the area.

Other then the BGS from community goal, do you gain/lose something not taking part? I've not been close to the action so far but last session got closer to the area.
I don’t study the BGS so don’t know what effect a CG might have, if you take part there is a reward dependent on how well the CG does and how big a percentage contribution you made sometimes the results can result in different items being added to the game or how well equipped a new station is.
Interstellar Initiatives have so far added stations and mega ships out at the Witch Head Nebula and same AX weaponry which are available to all players, rewards from this one are unknown so far.

You don’t lose anything by not taking part except the chance to win a decal for your ship, there have been several awarded for previous and they have seemed to be a great incentive.

Today I have been mostly extending my 'ignore' list. It grew exponentially during last month's hysteria, and another dozen names were added after tonight's announcement (and I only read through half-a-dozen pages before I gave up).

Pretty soon this will be the only thread on the forums I'll be able to read :D

In other news... I'm still about 20 jumps from Colonia. I'd be there already if I could just not scan 40-body systems.

Just read that announcement but didn't bother with reading the replies. Too overseasoned.

On the plus side, it means I don't need to save my cash for a carrier and THAT means: corvette AND carrier may well be incoming.

So, in an effort to increase my armada, I purchased three more ships - only 7 to go for a complete set.

Ebr9mzi.jpg

wJr41qu.jpg

w5qy5we.jpg

Really cut into the cash stash, those, and all I need to do now is equip them.

WHAT!? HOW much for an 8A scoop?:poop::eek:♾️🤬

Edit: The Mamba just got a British Racing Green paint job (had some Aaarghs) and a silly name

Last edited:
So, in an effort to increase my armada, I purchased three more ships - only 7 to go for a complete set.

Ebr9mzi.jpg

wJr41qu.jpg

w5qy5we.jpg

Really cut into the cash stash, those, and all I need to do now is equip them.

WHAT!? HOW much for an 8A scoop?:poop::eek:♾️🤬

Edit: The Mamba just got a British Racing Green paint job (had some Aaarghs) and a silly name
You can probably get away with an 8B for a day or two.

How much does a silly name cost now, I know roughly how much paint costs?

Top Bottom