Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

This reminded me of playing Elite on the CPC464.

I wonder, if I could play it today in all its blocky pixel glory, whether it would keep me glued to the screen for hours on end like it did all those years ago.

I saw a Toob video of it a little while back. I think, maybe, the answer to my wondering would be "no"... today's iteration is much better and after watching said video, the rose-tinted glasses fell off.
Hey Mr Tyres, sir have you seen this site Ian Bell old elite stuff...
The link on the lower left may give you some nostalgic options.
Frankly, I never got past a side winder carting scrap....not good memories.
I guess I have a more full rendered 3D type of mind .... now double Elite working on combat , only took , oh! that many years..

I've never bothered looking before but is this a gun the station uses to blow up CMDRs?

oJONmHD.jpg

I've never bothered looking before but is this a gun the station uses to blow up CMDRs?

oJONmHD.jpg
Seen those, guess that's the intended use.

I'm back to the drawing board for a deep core mining vessel now. Like the orcas handling, but would like on a medium ship with 128 ton cargo. Python seem to be less manoeuvrable in every way than Phantom, which I tried and didn't like which made me go to Orca.

Still wending my way back to Colonia after my latest exploratory jaunt. 50 jumps to go - today's haul included an untagged Earthlike and twinned terraformable waterworlds... a nice bonus before payday!

Seen those, guess that's the intended use.

I'm back to the drawing board for a deep core mining vessel now. Like the orcas handling, but would like on a medium ship with 128 ton cargo. Python seem to be less manoeuvrable in every way than Phantom, which I tried and didn't like which made me go to Orca.

I've just discovered the Orca for core mining. It's awesome! 642m/s boost, 6 collectors, good vision and great handling around the rocks.

I've just discovered the Orca for core mining. It's awesome! 642m/s boost, 6 collectors, good vision and great handling around the rocks.
It is awesome, though need a large landing pad (not been a problem yet) and got a fairly long tail (130m). I've been happy with the handling in the asteroid field, but I was looking for a medium ship so I may have to revisit some other ones.

I recently found this post about ship agility and acceleration: https://reddit.app.link/zwvNWEbtZ0

This will be very useful for picking alternative ships. Also learned some new things; turning on FA increase the passive thrust of the lateral thrusters 3x. This will be useful for slowing down while mining! Might make me reconsider the phantom.

I'm looking closer on the chieftain and challenger for mining, as they got same strength thrusters as the orca, but lower top speed. Going shield less on the challenger allow 128 cargo and 2x2collectors at once (only 64 if shielded). Chieftain can go 82 with 3 collectors if shieldless (64 if shielded).

It is awesome, though need a large landing pad (not been a problem yet) and got a fairly long tail (130m). I've been happy with the handling in the asteroid field, but I was looking for a medium ship so I may have to revisit some other ones.

I recently found this post about ship agility and acceleration: https://reddit.app.link/zwvNWEbtZ0

This will be very useful for picking alternative ships. Also learned some new things; turning on FA increase the passive thrust of the lateral thrusters 3x. This will be useful for slowing down while mining! Might make me reconsider the phantom.

I'm looking closer on the chieftain and challenger for mining, as they got same strength thrusters as the orca, but lower top speed. Going shield less on the challenger allow 128 cargo and 2x2collectors at once (only 64 if shielded). Chieftain can go 82 with 3 collectors if shieldless (64 if shielded).

It would be sweet to see one if the Alliance ships lose the military restriction on modules

Well your picture shows two, one at bottom highlighted the other at the top, the other two are just out of sight at the opposite end of the slot. There are some at the far wall of the docking cylinder for the inside coverage.

D'oh! Yes, I see the four in the slot now. I'll detach my camera and have a look at the end wall :D I'm just a curious cat...

I just made Duke. Going to stop grinding rank for a while as it's becoming a bit repetitive - mind you, it was quite lucrative: nearly every other mission run had at least a 10mCR delivery reward for 180 palladium. Add to that the other stuff that could fill my hold and all the poll and courier stuff with time bonuses, I think I made 150mCR since I started the grind (y):love:

Top Bottom