ANNOUNCEMENT Community Update (22/10)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
And how long have they been delayed for?
Don't forget the Panther, it's way overdue.

Keep waving your frontier flag 💤

Yeah I like waving the flag of logic and perspecitve now and then, keeps you sane.

Is the Panther another one of your "promises"?

Lets see how long "they" have been delayed for....
2017 "Squadron" Carriers were an advertised paper feature for the Squadrons component of the Q4 Beyond season update, they were dropped indefinitely in the Summer to concentrate on other core game mechanics. There was no evidence of any design work or other progress having been made on them, infact ED stated no design work only the scope had been detailed, unlike Ice Planets which had a sneak preview of a WIP before. No new due date was given to either just a plan to release them in future.

2018 March Anncouncement - Most of the team dedicated to New Era while a smaller team due to release minor Quarterly updates aimed at the new player experience.

"Fleet Carriers" were first revealed at Lavecon July 2019 due Dec 2019 update. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/lavecon-2019-content-reveal.516705/

October 2019 - Fleet carriers delayed until Q2 2020

So a potential delay of ~ 6 months?

Yeah I like waving the flag of logic and perspecitve now and then, keeps you sane.

2017 "Squadron" Carriers were an advertised paper feature for the Squadrons component of the Q4 Beyond season update, they were dropped indefinitely in the Summer to concentrate on other core game mechanics. There was no evidence of any design work or other progress having been made on them, infact ED stated no design work only the scope had been detailed, unlike Ice Planets which had a sneak preview of a WIP before. No new due date was given to either just a plan to release them in future.

2018 March Anncouncement - Most of the team dedicated to New Era while a smaller team due to release minor Quarterly updates aimed at the new player experience.

"Fleet Carriers" were first revealed at Lavecon July 2019 due Dec 2019 update. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/lavecon-2019-content-reveal.516705/

Your logic is based on what Frontier say, with times and dates, lol.
Pity they can't keep a date, how does that logically work in your head?

Keep waving....

math...

Q2 = April, May and June

Today 24th October

June 30th... still Q2

250 days

potentially ~ 8 months and a bit

unless it launched on April fools day, then an optimist may say "potentially" ~6 months, im a pessimist with FD, never disappointed then, 8 months it is.

carry on...

Last edited:
Again, an inividual perspective:
  1. Q4 2020 is the release window for 'New Era' (let's play nice with this one...)
  2. The current base code is seriously bugged enough to further delay the release of 'new content'
  3. The 'small team' is dedicating all resources to fixing said bugs
  4. It will take 2Q to 'fix'...
Potentially: 'New Era' is a new code branch on 'fresh' foundations and already incorporates all planned 'new content' and fixes for 'broken/unfinished' features - but is currently not at a point of completion that the coding could be 'released' without 'New Era' content to douse the current 'bug inferno'.

If this is even remotely 'on target' then incorporating new content on the current code base could break it even more, hence the mad fixing about to happen.

As you can tell; I'm an optimist :)

New Era is not an excuse to drop crap updates and ignore half baked features for yet another year. It will be six years waiting for Powerplay to see any changes- is that right?
Which crap updates? The fact that the majority of the team is working on New Era is a perfectly valid excuse. It is about work prioritisation. If New Era turns out to be a steaming pile of dung after the biggest development time the game has ever seen, then yes it will be a bad excuse.

I’ll admit that I haven’t played for sometime now and one of the biggest barriers have been bugs and the mission system which isn’t engaging (many of the ones I liked were removed due to bugs some time ago or got washed out when wing missions came in). I’m still hoping to get back into the game though so will continue to visit here from time to time.

Really enjoyed the game when I played it, but the amount of wasted time setting it up and searching the forums for broken mechanics became a significant Barrier to returning. Carriers are great but getting the basics right is more important if you want people to buy the expansion.

Fingers crossed 🤞

math...

Q2 = April, may and June

Today 24th October

June 30th... still Q2

250 days

potentially ~ 8 months and a bit

unless it launched on April fools day, then an optimist may say "potentially" ~6 months, im a pessimist with FD, never disappointed then, 8 months it is.

carry on...

Dictionary.....

Delay doesnt mean wait

@londonx I don't know how long you have played this game. I have been here and played since the original Beta all those years ago. I am a Founder and backed the game at Kickstarter. Back then there were so many aspirations to attain they convinced me to back the game to a lot of cash at that time. So I did. I am not screaming at all. I am just dissapointed that none of the original Kickstarter wants ever materialised. Ergo broken promises.

I assume you read/heard/digested the "10 year development plan" then?

Are you serious? Been under a rock for the past 5 years?
Their point still stands as to make another account you still have to buy another copy!
lol,calm down boy, I started playing elite last year, enough to think for myself and not get carried away by a majority of people who have clearly lost the north. 😂 Do you really think there is no life outside of a video game?Are you really answering each user? I probably wouldn't be here if it were the first and I've already thought about or leave paying attention to the forum, just news ,because people like you, who try to impose their opinions based on lies, are impossible, and it seems that you get angry every time someone names frontier, believe me that I'm out of all these meaningless battles, you don't know me, but if you cheat me I say so, I've never sworn fidelity to anyone above all .

you can continue riding on your pony

So I've noticed, that is assuming you're the same 'Alien' who used to have a reversible avatar, and who led a number of vitriolic personal attacks on me in multiple threads on this forum, most memorably perhaps when I complained about the introduction of gimballed weapons being against the spirit of the game?

in all fairness, that is a trash take

Which crap updates? The fact that the majority of the team is working on New Era is a perfectly valid excuse. It is about work prioritisation. If New Era turns out to be a steaming pile of dung after the biggest development time the game has ever seen, then yes it will be a bad excuse.

So its OK to neglect Powerplay, CQC etc which were introduced in 1.3 and 1.4 and then forget they exist? If someone wants me to wait for six years, I want some sort of indication I'm not waiting in vain.

Your logic is based on what Frontier say, with times and dates, lol.
Pity they can't keep a date, how does that logically work in your head?

Keep waving....

What? You asked the question "how long have they been delayed for"

I quoted factual historical dates of quotes and press-releases, to show the real scale of the delay which is from Decemeber 2019 to Q2 2020

Greetings Commanders,

Following the launch of the September Update last month, we’d like to provide you all with an update on our plans for Elite Dangerous.

Firstly, thank you for all of your feedback on the September Update, which you've shared with us on the forums, across social media, on livestreams and through the Issue Tracker. There is no doubt that, in addition to the new features, the September Update introduced a number of issues and bugs which caused a lot of frustration. We are really sorry for these issues. We realise that some of the issues had an impact on your ability to enjoy Elite Dangerous. The team have been working hard to address the most critical issues and have already released a series of patches and updates to bring those fixes in as quickly as possible.

However, we know there's more to be done. You've asked for more focus on existing bug/fixes and issues, and for the community to be better integrated into the development process and testing for these upcoming updates.

In order to improve your overall experience, we have decided to refocus our efforts on addressing key issues and bugs. Since the launch of the September Update, we've been taking a deeper look at our internal development roadmap, the way in which we utilise public betas, and the content of our next updates.

Here is a summary of our plans:
  • From now and into next year (2020), the updates will focus almost exclusively on addressing recent and longstanding issues, including those reported in the Issue Tracker, ultimately making the game better.
  • We are expecting to have a series of these updates, which will be rolled out (approximately) every three to four months.
  • Each update will also include a public beta that will run prior to the update's release, with a dedicated time to address major issues that appear.
  • The first of these updates will have its public beta in December, with an expectation that the launch will be early in 2020.
As a result of our updated plans, we have made the difficult decision to defer the release of Fleet Carriers. We are now planning for Fleet Carriers to be released in an update in the second quarter of 2020, rather than in December 2019 as previously stated. This will grant us additional time to refine the feature as well as focusing time on addressing existing reported issues. It will also ensure the state of the game is in a better position to introduce Fleet Carriers, that will provide Commanders even more opportunities to interact with the Milky Way. We understand that this delay will be disappointing for some players, but do know that this decision is one that we do not take lightly, and is made with the best interests of the community and game at heart.

Ultimately, we are confident that this will improve the Elite Dangerous experience for all our players.

The team have been hard at work on the next major milestone, which you may remember we mentioned back in March as our next major paid addition to the game. They’re making fantastic progress and on schedule for release by the end of next year. We are very excited to show you what we’ve been working on. However, we can only announce the content when it’s at the right stage of development, we estimate this will be ready to talk about at some time in summer 2020, after the Fleet Carriers update. We appreciate there is a bit of a wait, but we want to make sure it is ready to be shown before making our full official announcement to the world.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your ongoing and continued support and for helping give us the feedback, steer and insight to make decisions that will benefit the entire community and for your continued passion and dedication.
Hahahah...that literally came out loud. IMO you guys lost your vision way too much. The game development pace is slowed down to a crawl in the past 2 years and the dev priorities are frustratingly weirded out. I mean you worked on a tutorial for a 5+ year old game instead of adding promised features and also branched out to develop Planet Zoo which is a reskin of Jurassic Park evolution.
Elite Dangerous feels like an abandonware atm which is why I have lost complete interest.

What? You asked the question "how long have they been delayed for"

I quoted factual historical dates of quotes and press-releases, to show the real scale of the delay which is from Decemeber 2019 to Q2 2020

But man,how can you think of an expansion if you don't fix the base game? What is the least you can do before introducing new content, are you serious?anyone with a minimum of "sanity" knows that. 😂

where is the logic of being lied to so many times? has not, sane person . 😂

So its OK to neglect Powerplay, CQC etc which were introduced in 1.3 and 1.4 and then forget they exist? If someone wants me to wait for six years, I want some sort of indication I'm not waiting in vain.

Not saying its OK particularly but that the answer to those the bigger questions of the direction can only be known with New Era. I am also uncomfortable with moralising product direction as a consumer. After Horizons there was a clear management decision to take stock of the very state that you are complaining about, that to me shows that they noticed too. The season model was abandoned. I can see why the season model led to the state of not fully-fleshed out features as the Season model was a series of disparate open books. Horizons was the first (and only paid for DLC) so was prioritised but took 2 years once released to close. The New Era is the next premium DLC and is prioritised but this time all the work will have been done up-front. Lets see what the scope is. Will it include improvements to historical features? Is it a code base refresh? If so does does this mean it will be easier to integrate and improve the scope of historical features in future if not already done? Will Powerplay be a new DLC maybe under a new name?

Hahahah...that literally came out loud. IMO you guys lost your vision way too much. The game development pace is slowed down to a crawl in the past 2 years and the dev priorities are frustratingly weirded out. I mean you worked on a tutorial for a 5+ year old game instead of adding promised features and also branched out to develop Planet Zoo which is a reskin of Jurassic Park evolution.
Elite Dangerous feels like an abandonware atm which is why I have lost complete interest.
Can I haz your stuffz? (If nobody else did claim it before me, that is) :sneaky:😁

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom