New Elite Game Extras Web Store

I'm sure this has been done before (and probably proved nothing) but I was curious so I just did some sums based on what I paid for certain cosmetics pre-ARX and what they'd cost me now (AFTER prices are a range using conversions based on £24.99 ARX pack and £2.99 ARX pack).

Nav Beacon bobblehead (BEFORE: £3, AFTER £2.37 - £2.89)
Celeste COVAS (BEFORE: £5, AFTER £4.34 - £5.29)
Asp Raider ship kit (BEFORE: £8, AFTER £6.62 - £8.08)
Asp White Apollo paint (BEFORE: £1.50, AFTER £0.89 - £1.08)

I picked out these examples by going through my past orders and selecting, pretty much at random, items which I was able to find in the store now. From where I'm sitting it looks as if Frontier have tried pretty damn hard (harder than many on these forums deserve I would say) to keep prices the same or slightly cheaper than they were before.

And then on top of that they're also giving us free ARX just for playing the game so that three or four times a year even those who can't afford to buy an ARX pack can still pick up something from the store.

As for the why of ARX:
a) It gets rid of the per-transaction costs imposed on Frontier by credit card companies which previously meant the purchasing of very low cost items (e.g. an individual paintjob) be barely cost effective (hence why they used to favour selling paint packs rather than individual items).
b) It makes it easier and safer to bring the store inside the game since none of that code has to deal with real-world credit transactions.
c) It brings PC inline with the console model which makes life a lot simpler for Frontier.
d) It allows Frontier to give us cosmetic item earning potential within the game.

My past experiences do not validate that
Before 3.5 i was able to pay £3.3 (iirc that was the price) for a 300 Frontier Points pack (6000 arx after conversion). With those FP i was able to get a nicely paint pack. For example Salvage (All paint packs were 300 Frontier points prior to 3.5)
Now, if i want to buy the same 6 salvage paints, i have to pay 13320 Arx - that is £2.99+£4.99

Yes, the new system is fabulous if all i need is a single paint.
But if i have 2-3 ships and i want different salvage paints for them, based to the role/mission, well...

Last edited:
My past experiences do not validate that
Before 3.5 i was able to pay £3.3 (iirc that was the price) for a 300 Frontier Points pack (6000 arx after conversion). With those FP i was able to get a nicely paint pack. For example Salvage (All paint packs were 300 Frontier points prior to 3.5)
Now, if i want to buy the same 6 salvage paints, i have to pay 13320 Arx - that is £2.99+£4.99

Yes, the new system is fabulous if all i need is a single paint.
But if i have 2-3 ships and i want different savage paints for them, based to the role/mission, well...
Yup OK - looks like the old packs were a bit of a bargain (i.e. 6 paintjobs for the price of 3 or 4). I guess the issue here is simply that packs aren't currently available (as far as I can see - I thought I'd seen them but maybe I imagined it?). Unsurprisingly, buying 6 individual paint packs costs more than buying a single pack with all six in it so those people like yourself who liked having the entire pack are currently at a disadvantage. That's probably a good question for Frontier - @Will Flanagan any word on whether paint packs (e.g. such as the "tactical" pack containing all six colour variants) will be making a return any time soon?

Yup OK - looks like the old packs were a bit of a bargain (i.e. 6 paintjobs for the price of 3 or 4). I guess the issue here is simply that packs aren't currently available (as far as I can see - I thought I'd seen them but maybe I imagined it?). Unsurprisingly, buying 6 individual paint packs costs more than buying a single pack with all six in it so those people like yourself who liked having the entire pack are currently at a disadvantage. That's probably a good question for Frontier - @Will Flanagan any word on whether paint packs (e.g. such as the "tactical" pack containing all six colour variants) will be making a return any time soon?

Hi Alec and others who've been asking or wondering this!

Just wanted to confirm that there are no plans to re-introduce Paint Job packs at the current time.
Turner comes in from left field, it's a perfect cross! The goal is there for the taking and ...

giphy.gif

Noooooooooooo! Flanagan has skied it!

Yeah but how many of those skins did you buy from those packs. I know I bought several of those skin packs just for a single skin that was in it. I now have the A-Team Hauler skin without having to buy the rest of those Hauler Skins.

Turner comes in from left field, it's a perfect cross! The goal is there for the taking and ...

giphy.gif

Noooooooooooo! Flanagan has skied it!

Well, as i posted in my own thread, while it is not the answer i wanted, it is still an answer
Hopefully the plans might change sometime.

Till then, everyone get the C3 OH paint pack. Nice savings there and it is the only paint pack in game currently

Hi Alec and others who've been asking or wondering this!

Just wanted to confirm that there are no plans to re-introduce Paint Job packs at the current time.

Which is actively betraying customers. But hey - when I read the forums FD has recruited enough white knights now.

Hey, and what about the crotcheted bog roll cover and the "Wackeldackel" (Dachshund bobble head), both indispensable car accessories in 60s/70s Germany
hutablage.jpg

Oooh! The Churchill bulldog bobblehead! Have it occasionally say Yes yes yes.

For those that don't understand the reference...

Yeah but how many of those skins did you buy from those packs. I know I bought several of those skin packs just for a single skin that was in it. I now have the A-Team Hauler skin without having to buy the rest of those Hauler Skins.

For me, I've only bought I think three packs, the Horus (which I have for multiple ships) the Tactical (multiple ships) and the squadron (Anaconda). Out of those, the tactical packs were bought for two paints (the two that didn't get put back in the shop until last week...) and the squadron for two paints (the black and red one and the orange one) so for those I'd be better off being able to buy them singly now. The Horus packs though, which I have for the Anaconda, Python and Asp, I wanted and use all of them, so that one would work out considerably more expensive now buying them singly.

I'd hope that at least FDev could consider making a 'bundle' deal available as part of their sales where you get to buy the set for a reduced price. Doesn't affect me personally since I already have those paints but it does seem a bit off to split them and leave players with a higher bill for the set than they would previously have paid - the fact some other paints might work out better value singly is only of use if the payer wants to buy those paints.

Last edited:
Top Bottom