You didn't read that in any official lore. It's not an impossible scenario, but those that wrote it have not idea what Raxxla is or where it is.

There is plenty of fan fiction about Raxxla. Some from the time of the original game and quite a bit from Oolite. Just be careful to check the source what you read.

It's very difficult to determine which sources that may be relevant. Mainly because the codex tells us that hints may be hidden in works of fiction.

If I were to rage them in relevance, it would be something like this:

1: In-game information. Codex, tourist beacons, logs and mission texts.
2: The Dark Wheel novel. Not lore but regarded as a legend that is not only known by players, but also in-game characters.
3: Ancient RL mythology. There are thematical indications that FD has made some connection between alien history in ED and old earth myths. We don't know the connection, but it could be something like, 'the old gods of earth were really descendants of exiled Guardians and actually visited earth at some point'?
4: Elite: Legacy. The only official lore book written by an author with any factual knowledge of Raxxla. Only no. 4 because MB has said he didn't want the Raxxla story to unfold outside the game, but he might still have snuck in something interesting?
5: Steven Eisler's The Alien World. Same author as TDW and actually talks about Oisir-Raxxla. Written well before TDW, so it's most likely that the Robert Holdsock just reused a name from his earlier work.
5. FE:2 and FFE lore. No longer considered full canon although the ED universe builds directly on the universe in these two games. I don't think Raxxla was in focus at all the time those games were made, so they get a low position.
6. Fan fiction and Oolite novels. These could at best have served as an inspiration to FD. None of the writers have any clue.

Edit: All this are my personal assumptions.
I feel that I have probably read too much and everything has already turned into a mess(

I propose to make a small summary, write on points all the tips that we consider correct. And decide on two points
1. what we are looking for in the bubble or not.
2. whether the dark wheel in the bubble is real.

translation through google chrome may not be entirely correct))
Save yourself some time and just read the OP and following posts. Pretty sure they're being updated.

I propose to make a small summary, write on points all the tips that we consider correct. And decide on two points
1. what we are looking for in the bubble or not.
2. whether the dark wheel in the bubble is real.

That's fairly simple:

1. We don't know really, what it is or where it is. Raxxla is 'in the Milky Way' is the most direct clue so far really.
2. We don't know really. Its a real faction, whether it is connected to the 'real' DW is debateable and not known. Farseer in DW Codex entry says the DW is real but shes never met them and that they wouldn't show themselves in public but also that any phony trading on the name would be quickly and quietly shut down, which the DW in Shinrata hasn't yet....so make your own conclusion. Theres a contradiction there whichever one is right, unless Farseer is wrong or lying.

Suffering from brain failure. Anyone know the mass of an Orbis station? Googled but can’t find it. Want to check the lagrange point distances on the possibility that TRDW stealth station is so positioned. You can’t get it from orbital height above a planet as its mass cancels out of the equation. 🤓

Suffering from brain failure. Anyone know the mass of an Orbis station? Googled but can’t find it. Want to check the lagrange point distances on the possibility that TRDW stealth station is so positioned. You can’t get it from orbital height above a planet as its mass cancels out of the equation. 🤓
Lagrange point between a station and a planet?

That's fairly simple:

1. We don't know really, what it is or where it is. Raxxla is 'in the Milky Way' is the most direct clue so far really.
2. We don't know really. Its a real faction, whether it is connected to the 'real' DW is debateable and not known. Farseer in DW Codex entry says the DW is real but shes never met them and that they wouldn't show themselves in public but also that any phony trading on the name would be quickly and quietly shut down, which the DW in Shinrata hasn't yet....so make your own conclusion. Theres a contradiction there whichever one is right, unless Farseer is wrong or lying.

Fliss says she knows the DW is real, and uses the fact that 'impersonators' are removed to validate them, implying DW in Shindez - now the fact the DWinSD still exist as a faction could be read from that as an assertion that they are real, but given that 3 x in a few paragraphs, their validity as the real thing is called into question steers me to the 'the guys in SD are fake' reading, as a call out from FD to point out that they retconned the E/F missions. My reading anyway - I can agree that there is room for doubt, as usual.

I wonder where Raxxla may hide...

In MIL KYW AY? Or in the Black hole of Maya?

Either way.... it may be a monster.
on-very-beholder-az-ow-funny-13933553.png

Just to add to the Egyptian named sites, I have also found that there are more Roman Gods and deites named systems than Egyptian ones. Of course, the Egyptians shared some of these with the Romans.

Don't know if this has any bearing on things, but all are in the bubble as well. Zeus, Athena, Hera, Poseidon, Ares (Mars), Apollo, Artemis, Hephaestus (Vulcan), Hermes (Mercury), Demeter (Ceres) and others are present in the bubble.

Maybe a combination of both will provide some insight.

o7....

Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Celtic, Nordic, Hindu, Aztec, Maja. They are all in the game. 😁

Just one thought. That Cora or Kora from the toast. She is not only daughter of Demeter. In ancient Greek history was some tradition making statues of young girls - Koras or korai. So that word meant any girl or maiden. But what is idea of it for our quest?.. Maybe name of Art may help us? Art of the sculpting.

And another thing in that names. Tornqvist. This very similar as Thorn Quest for my poor ear. Very very "knotty" quest with many thorns.

That's fairly simple:

That is the fun part of that idea. SD is hidden behind a wall of Elite status. To most of the galaxy it is hidden away. From our game perspective it's not. That does not mean it's not hidden. We have a slight inside view as players in the games world logic. It may be that straight forward. It's not contradictory at all. People just assume they are the same as the rest of the galaxy. The only difference is that the base of DW is a base and not a station. It's at an 8th planet just like we are looking for. I think maybe the game is just that straight forward. We're post Elite by hundreds of years or more. Maybe they intended to do story with them and never got around to it. Maybe explaining it and the origins of Elite 1984's story more. They seem like they only do things in a very lazy an straight forward way. The puzzle are possibly the exception but they are still in a simple setting. I don't think it's much more too it. Someone probably simply new how to do that and used what they new and there is nothing more profound to any of it. It sounds like the nature of the people who made the games.

They only got out of SD recently in the games lore because of player actions in ED. They were hidden. Which means they were in the same place as the headquarters for the Pilots Federation. I think that is the more interesting part. How does that fit into changes since the old games. Like Galcop and stuff being removed and changes in power?! Maybe we need to explore the upfront story potential if it is DW more to make sense of this. If not it will help understand anything else.

The question then is why was the PFed hiding the DW station. I don't think I've seen anyone seriously go over the ramifications of that yet. It's the truly unexplored part of the raxxla/DW hunt so far. And it's the part right in front of our faces.

Was the PFed started when someone found the station. Are we in a post DW found situation?! Is PFed founded by DW?! They seem conneted. I think we are on the inside and not looking at this from the right perspetive. I think it's been spelled out for us somehwhat and we are simply not taking the clues. We are overcomplicating it. Is DW some bad orgainzation or a demonized confused good one?! What is the club? If DW is not the villian who is? Is there more than one villian. I don't ever see anyone going over the straight forward answers. What is the game presenting to us. If SD and DW are real isn't that the more profound information as to what this game is about? That is by definition far more shocking than if that DW is fake. That means we've found it and are working for it potentially. And it's prfounding connected or near things running our daily lives... Think that out.

The highlight of this game seems to be the new FSD drives. I think we are simply in the story as it plays out. I don't think there is any trickery here. We are just Elite pilots with the potential to be in places others in the past games could not. It's just so casual it's confusing people. Or is TDW a player faction?

The blatantly obvious part is the fact that PFed and TDW are in the same station. What does that imply if it's real? When did what start and what does that have to mean if true?

Are we sure it's not just all straight forward? it defies real world logic and realities, but as a story in a game?!

I'm assuming this looking like princess laia, a deathstar like object, and a planet, probably her home or aldeeran like reference is not a coincidence. The photo was added by drew wagar himself to the wiki.

I'm assuming this story line is going the route of the original star wars with a rebellion and an overthrow of something. The story of the empire is literally like star wars. A good government turned evil.

What is funny, is if I change my hair and used my new look in a white suit. I look just like Salome.... Maybe the Rick James club? But reborn with Salome look a likes?!

Last edited:
Lagrange point between a station and a planet?

No. I’m hypothesising that the station is at one of the Lagrange points of a star+planet, not orbiting the planet. But there seems to be no way to calculate the station mass , doesn’t seem to be given in-game or Wiki, & I need it to plug into the lagrange point calculator. I know the star & planetary masses from the system map info. All I need is a figure for the station mass. I know Aulin Enterprise (looks similar station type) orbits 6030 km above planet Nirvana (0.9500 Earth masses), but that doesn’t help in calculating the station mass since, in mv^2=GMm/r^2, the satellite mass m cancels out.

Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Celtic, Nordic, Hindu, Aztec, Maja. They are all in the game. 😁

I wish to formally complain that some religions are being discriminated against! Where is the Great Lord Ilkley represented in-game? This ancient religious belief is still practiced in some parts of Northern Britain, as witnessed in the religious chant “On Ilkley Moor ba’t ‘at, on Ilkley moor ba’t ‘at, on Ilkley moor baaa’t ‘t’at”. An ancient ditty that instructs faithful Ilkley worshippers to remove all headgear before approaching His Presence. 😇

It’s directly written in the codex - Raxxla is a planet. Look under the photo.

That Codex photo is more likely to be The Real Dark Wheel’s stealthy station in orbit near a planet & star, not Raxxla. The two seem to be linked by the mixing of the TRDW toast in the Raxxla codex entry, but we won’t know how they are linked until we find it. Though I’ve said before that we might find a station named “Raxxla Gateway”...

Top Bottom