Planet Zoo - Update 1.0.4

I'd like to make a suggestion concerning the fix/patch release and mostly the priority of it. The issue tracker is clugged now...
Working on any of the punitive mecanics (refund, protesters and the likes) could wait after all the gameplay bugs are fixed. If animal starve for no reason, die of dehydration while swimming, keeper walk around doing nothing, guest wonder in staff zone and welfare stats dont work, those punitive mecanics make the game unplayable/not enjoyable for all types of players. I do admit I would like to see those nice complex management mecanics come too - but only after the actual park mecanics (animal, staff and guest) all run smoothly for all players.

You could then release later a patch for all the punitive mecanics as a ''custom difficulty release update'' where you can set the sensibility, a wider range of player types would enjoy it that way (some just wanna watch lion babies cuddle, some want to create something like a game level, some want management, some wanna play franchise market, and some other wanna make genetic modification to make all tigers white ! mouhahahah!). I admit I would like to see those nice complex management mecanics as well, but crashes and broken gameplay should take priority over graphic bugs, extra functionality and UI annoyance...

What do you guys think ?

People demanded refunds when they did not see the animal they wanted REALLY to see, even if this animal wasnt at the Zoo anymore. I sold all of my Lions because of the food costs and changed the habitat into a different one - still the guests came in wanting to see the Lions and demanded a refund because they are not there anymore. Is this fixed now?
If not, maybe make it so Guests only want to see animals that are actually IN the Zoo currently?
In fact, if you does some tests you will observe that all parameters of your parks, not just the animals present, are not taken into account by visitors entering into the parks.
If you cut path to your animals for example : visitors will still come during 4 years without seing any animals and then they stop after 4 years abruptly.
Same problem if you delete all the service in your park : the visitors leave with a lot of red though, but eventualy with a high hapiness, the needs and hapiness seems to not be linked. The result is that services also appears to not have any impact on the state of the flow of visitors entering in the zoo.

My guess is that currently the state of visitors entering in the park is driven by very simple mechanics that take into account only the numbers of animal and very partially other parameters. And even when some parameters are taken into account, it's with a thing like 4 years of latency ...

All the system needs a rework imho.

Last edited:
In fact, if you does some tests you will observe that all parameters of your parks, not just the animals present, are not taken into account by visitors entering into the parks.
If you cut path to your animals for example : visitors will still come during 4 years without seing any animals and then they stop after 4 years abruptly.
Same problem if you delete all the service in your park : the visitors leave with a lot of red though, but eventualy with a high hapiness, the needs and hapiness seems to not be linked. The result is that services also appears to not have any impact on the state of the flow of visitors entering in the zoo.

My guess is that currently the state of visitors entering in the park is driven by very simple mechanics that take into account only the numbers of animal and very partially other parameters. And even when some parameters are taken into account, it's with a thing like 4 years of latency ...

All the system needs a rework imho.
Par for the course with this developer, I'm afraid. Minimum viable product comes to mind. Clearly Zoo needed more time in the oven, but here we are.

Par for the course with this developer, I'm afraid. Minimum viable product comes to mind. Clearly Zoo needed more time in the oven, but here we are.

I saw this coming in beta and asked them to delay the release 2 or 3 months because it was pretty obvious they didn't have nearly enough time to fix all the bugs I saw in the beta. That isn't how game companies work now that we have digital downloads. Now it's all about making the devs crunch and releasing as fast as you can so you can get the money coming in. It's too bad really but we all buy into this when we pre-order. I've learned my lesson. From now on I'll be waiting 3 months after release before buying any new game. It isn't the developers' fault, it's upper management, and not just at Frontier. Remember people, we're playing Planet Zoo but the real name of the game is capitalism!

Some of my animal are still magically escaping through intact barriers, my food bowls and food enrichment items are still not accessible by the zookeepers although they were before patch 1.0.3, animals still dehydrating while sitting next to water and I am still having the franchise server connection issue - well, for me the game is not fun to play at the moment anymore and the only thing that got fixed now are the refunds... 😫

It has been reported and confirmed since almost the release date on November 6th and unfortunately it is still not fixed. :'(
https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/8928

Frontier please. I cant wait for it to be added.

Thank you.
This report is even made by me and it is one of the few bugs that ever got confirmed in the issue tracker 😂😅 (I wonder why only so few of the reported bugs ever get confirmed on the issue tracker). But for me the missing peafowl animation is now the least problem in the game.

I didn't crash at all last night, and overall things seem to be getting more stable :) I even opened my zoo and let in some guests and set up 2 habitats. I'm getting brave again after losing my other zoo to 1.0.3. I noticed that I can't train up my employees in Sandbox though. Are others getting this too or is this just a personal bug just for me? ;)

I didn't crash at all last night, and overall things seem to be getting more stable :) I even opened my zoo and let in some guests and set up 2 habitats. I'm getting brave again after losing my other zoo to 1.0.3. I noticed that I can't train up my employees in Sandbox though. Are others getting this too or is this just a personal bug just for me? ;)

I was wondering what was up with that.

Aha! So it's not just me. I'm going to go through proper channels and fill in a report and see what happens.

Nevermind, can't. The Issue Tracker isn't allowing reports for Planet Zoo - not in the drop-down selection when you click Submit Report.

Aha! So it's not just me. I'm going to go through proper channels and fill in a report and see what happens.

Curious - are you able to click the "train" button on the staff menu, but nothing happens? That's what's happening to me, and only on some members of staff. Others I can't train at all, but the ones I can train simply aren't being trained.

Curious - are you able to click the "train" button on the staff menu, but nothing happens? That's what's happening to me, and only on some members of staff. Others I can't train at all, but the ones I can train simply aren't being trained.
they are not trained immediately, but when they're taking a break. this can take a long time, especially with vendors.
if you are hiring new staff, you cannot train them for a certain time (i think first 6 ingame months).

The train button stays greyed out.

they are not trained immediately, but when they're taking a break. this can take a long time, especially with vendors.
if you are hiring new staff, you cannot train them for a certain time (i think first 6 ingame months).

I'm quite familiar with how long it takes to train the workers. I was playing for hours last night and wasn't able to get any staff trained, keepers, caretakers, security, vets, or vendors. This is only since the 1.0.4 update.

Top Bottom