ANNOUNCEMENT Festive Countdown 2019

Selling rares for the CG is totally not worth the hassle. Seriously FDev, which one of you guys typed those rares for the mission? You didn't do anything to reward cmdrs how underatke very long trips in their small ships to get rares like the Andulgia fireworks. I thought that price for desired laves at Reorte will be at least doubled, but nah. Trip to Anduliga to get fireworks from an outpost situated 600k ly away was a waste of time. I lost almost an hour do the trip Lave-Eranin-Anduliga, during that time I would have done few round trips with animal meat in my T-9, one trip with a cargo hold full of meat gives more than one million credits. Those rare gave me mlittle mor ethan 300k cr, pfff..

Then don't do it!

You can get Fruit and Veg everywhere; it'll have exactly the same effect on the CG.

Personally I enjoy doing the Rares run. Andalugia gives me the time to look out for completely pointless posts in this thread :p

To be fair, it's easy to sneer at 100 arx as an annual reward to start given that that's literally 8 cents of currency.

It seems it's quite easy for you to sneer at almost anything.

Tell you what I'd do mate. First wait until the end of the period and calculate the total amount of free Arx given to you. Then work out what that equates to in cash terms. Then multiply that by 3 million, which is the number of Elite accounts sold. That will give you a figure for the potential revenue FDev have foregone due to the giveaway.

After you've done that you might realise just how ridiculous you sound right now, although I can't say I'm hopeful.

That may well be the case, the point i'm trying to make is that this time of year is called Christmas for a reason. I'm sick and tired of of a lot of people and companies bending over so they don't offend anyone. It's not happy holidays, it's called Christmas

🙄 It's not about not 'offending' people, it's simply that Christmas has no relevance to people other than Christians since it is by definition a Christian celebration. Tell you what I'm sick and tired of? The 'it's political correctness gone MAD I tell you!' brigade's endless quest for victimhood (ironically, the thing that they usually accuse others of) like everything is some determined and planned assault on your way of life.

🙄 It's not about not 'offending' people, it's simply that Christmas has no relevance to people other than Christians since it is by definition a Christian celebration. Tell you what I'm sick and tired of? The 'it's political correctness gone MAD I tell you!' brigade's endless quest for victimhood (ironically, the thing that they usually accuse others of) like everything is some determined and planned assault on your way of life.

(Apropos a friend of mine's social media post a few days ago) It's funny how the Jewish community doesn't get worked up about the 'War on Hanukkah' and there actually was one. (The punchline here is that Hanukkah is a war memorial holiday honoring the defeat of the Greeks and the restoration of the 2nd Temple.)

I logged in yesterday and got the mail saying I got 100 ARX, but my total just read 38. Today I got the mail for today, checked the store, and now my total is just the 150+ the 38 I already had, no 100 from the day before.

Just logged in and up to now I have 3 messages from Frontier in my message panel in game (promising 100, 100 & 150) and after exiting the game then reentering my total Arx has increased by the promised amount once again.
So it all seems to be working properly.

Just logged in and up to now I have 3 messages from Frontier in my message panel in game (promising 100, 100 & 150) and after exiting the game then reentering my total Arx has increased by the promised amount once again.
So it all seems to be working properly.
I actually like the cheaper, solid-color paints, so this "The Twelve Arx of Christmas" song is working out good for me!

Top Bottom