Game Discussions Microsoft Flight Simulator

Looks like my new internet is going to be 16 down, 4 up. Is that going to be adequate to get the VFR quality visuals do you guys reckon?
(I may have already said something along these lines somewhere here but) I think 20/5 is about the worldwide average so I believe that what they're working towards as an optimum. Anything more would be a proverbial suicide for the title.
IMHO, anyway.

(I may have already said something along these lines somewhere here but) I think 20/5 is about the worldwide average so I believe that what they're working towards as an optimum. Anything more would be a proverbial suicide for the title.
IMHO, anyway.
If that's the case I'll probably be able to squeak by with 16/4 and good ping.

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
Slight turbulence ahead.

Heaven.png

Having decided to finally start taking flying lessons this year, I've just bought X-Plane along with my local area scenery and the local airport where I'll be taking the lessons. :) I'm also very much looking forward to MS Flight Simulator. Have they confirmed if it will work with VR yet (the site is down at the moment, it seems)?

Have they confirmed if it will work with VR yet (the site is down at the moment, it seems)?
VR is not optional for simulators now... Also MS want to sell their own brand of VR (they have a dedicated product line and API) so there's a perfect marketing vessel here.

Jenner

Having decided to finally start taking flying lessons this year, I've just bought X-Plane along with my local area scenery and the local airport where I'll be taking the lessons. :) I'm also very much looking forward to MS Flight Simulator. Have they confirmed if it will work with VR yet (the site is down at the moment, it seems)?

Good luck with the lessons!

(they have a dedicated product line and API)

Yes, I use WMR. I just couldn't find any information on whether VR is planned or not.

Good luck with the lessons!

Thanks (I'll be starting in a couple of months). :) I finished setting up X-Plane last night, and took off from my local airfield in the same plane that I'll be learning in. I also managed to land it again - twice! Though I couldn't find the airfield again (I landed in fields), so I think I need to work on my aerial navigation.

Jenner

Thanks (I'll be starting in a couple of months). :) I finished setting up X-Plane last night, and took off from my local airfield in the same plane that I'll be learning in. I also managed to land it again - twice! Though I couldn't find the airfield again (I landed in fields), so I think I need to work on my aerial navigation.

I was never great at that either.
If your field has a VOR you should practice using that for navigation. Also don't discount the usefulness of following roads!

Jenner

Here is a re upload of some of the leaked alpha gameplay that hit the web the other day. I've seen comments saying the graphics settings were dialed back for this. I have no idea if this is legit or what the story is... I just leave it here as a curiosity. Supposedly there was another one from the original leaker that showed flying through a storm.... I cannot find a re upload of that one.

Source: https://youtu.be/SHLBymJUkSA

Here is a re upload of some of the leaked alpha gameplay that hit the web the other day. I've seen comments saying the graphics settings were dialed back for this. I have no idea if this is legit or what the story is... I just leave it here as a curiosity. Supposedly there was another one from the original leaker that showed flying through a storm.... I cannot find a re upload of that one.

Source: https://youtu.be/SHLBymJUkSA
I am curious to know the specs of the rig that was running on.

Without any specs and indeed network information the leaked video is pretty useless to form opinion about.
I will however be buying the title as i am sure I have amassed well over 10k hours on various Flightsim versions.

VR is not optional for simulators now... Also MS want to sell their own brand of VR (they have a dedicated product line and API) so there's a perfect marketing vessel here.

On one hand they won't release VR for the new XBox, on the other hand, this dev footage looks to me as VR screen cpature. The way of shaking, slightly changing angle of view and the way the camera is moving... this has to be VR!
At the moment they release VR, I'm buying a yoke for sure. :)

Edit: of the planes so far listed, which one will be the 'ASP-X' of Flight Sim for VFR exploration? Good view, handling, range-wise. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom