Star Citizen Discussion Thread v11

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
No Sovapid in sight...so I took mine for a walk ;)

So far...it's as buggy as hell...won't sit still on it's landing gear and stuff doesn't work. Typical Ci¬G pushing stuff out of the door before it's ready. Let's hope they fix the damned thing before it goes live with 3.8.2.

uHax9n5.png

Is there actual exploration gameplay yet? (I'm half serious....I think I know the answer already but admit I may be wrong).

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
Nope...not a jot... but since when has a lack of gameplay stopped Ci¬G selling ships? I bought mine a long time ago so it's of little matter, I'd hate to be one of those guys that paid $500 for it. ;)

Figured as much.
As for buying ships for exorbitant amounts.... I fell into that trap for awhile with SC back in the day, before I realized how insane it all was. So, I get it. They're selling the dream of being Spaceman Spiff and that's a siren's call for us sci-fi nerds out there. ;)

I remain gobsmacked by this. The CEO of a 500+ person company has time to have his own dev branch where apparently he is solving all the unsolvable problems and this will make the game work so much better.

I don't see a problem with that my dear Agony.

After all - he hand coded all the physics himself.

Plus, GI-G's VIP of marketing had their very own dev branch Tickle Chamber.

Speaking of the Carrack, can't believe i missed this.

At 0:58, blatant rip off of Thanos walking through crops scene.

CIG really have zero integrity. Its like SC can't stand on its own merits, they just have to steal from everything cool to prop up their own lack of content.

Speaking of the Carrack, can't believe i missed this.

At 0:58, blatant rip off of Thanos walking through crops scene.

CIG really have zero integrity. Its like SC can't stand on its own merits, they just have to steal from everything cool to prop up their own lack of content.
tbf, that scene was a ripoff of Gladiator, I think, and it's also been ripped off many times since. DA:Inquisition had a money shot of that somewhere in it's promos. But CIG did it like no-one else before has done it so that makes it OK. ;)

Perhaps it might be easier to start listing the things that CI-G have actually invented .

Let's start with.....

Not releasing games as a never-been-done-before thing.

Although that has already been done before.

Urm, peeps, anything else?

tbf, that scene was a ripoff of Gladiator, I think, and it's also been ripped off many times since. DA:Inquisition had a money shot of that somewhere in it's promos. But CIG did it like no-one else before has done it so that makes it OK. ;)

Dayum, yes, Gladiator! Marvel have no shame!

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Apologies if posted already. Just went through last weeks GuardFreq podcast (Friday 14th in Twitch) and noticed this bit about a new entity entering the fray. If I read this correctly CIG (or one of its multiple subsidiaries) would have entered into a contract (during 2017, with effective date early 2018) with an external (non CIG´s) UK based company and for that company to develop a game in behalf of CIG in exchange for an undisclosed upfront sum of money:

starts at 42:55

Source: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/552187947?t=44m50s

Last edited:
Apologies if posted already. Just went through last weeks GuardFreq podcast (Friday 14th in Twitch) and noticed this bit about a new entity entering the fray. If I read this correctly CIG (or one of its multiple subsidiaries) would have entered into a contract (during 2017) with an external (non CIG´s) UK based company and for that company to develop a game in behalf of CIG in exchange for an undisclosed upfront sum of money:

starts at 42:55

Source: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/552187947?t=44m50s

After 8 years, perhaps CIG have had an epiphany and decided to outsource the game building part of their business. That way they can concentrate on the part they're good at... the jpeg building side.

After 8 years, perhaps CIG have had an epiphany and decided to outsource the game building part of their business. That way they can concentrate on the part they're good at... the jpeg building side.

Sheer genius. Then if the game is bad, they just blame the third party, absolving themselves. It also means they really don't need a publisher! They are the big bad evil publisher.

Ah, and so CR's master scheme is revealed!

You become that which you hate.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom