No more patch updates before Fleet Carriers?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Maybe to some the first discovery tag is the main point or all what matters to them. To me it's to make all bodies visible at all in the local map, like it is now far outside the bubble. This way I can make an informed decision whether I go the long route to bodies 300KLs away or not for a surface scan. In fact I 'fly' a lot more now thanks to the FSS than I did before with the ADS.

And if anyone doubt this: in another thread I just posted an 81 body system that could be easily stolen from me since it's still a long travel until I can sell my data. Get it as long as it's hot! Just don't expect to harvest any salt from me...
That's the point: FSS gives you without any flying at all everything you could get with ADS + DSS and lots of flying.

FSS does make cherry-picking easier and more reliable - for example no more wasted minutes for a body that wasn't terraformable and no more missed terraformables.

That's the point: FSS gives you without any flying at all everything you could get with ADS + DSS and lots of flying.

FSS does make cherry-picking easier and more reliable - for example no more wasted minutes for a body that wasn't terraformable and no more missed terraformables.

And here I thought it was the ADS that was the "god honk" and gave "everything in a single button press"...

Nope, but thats irrelevant. It doesn't break any lore of the game. It doesn't make either mechanic not make any logical sense.

What lore is the FSS in? And how does an optional ADS module that only locates planets invalidate the FSS when the FSS gives a lot more information than the ADS?

Changing the subject entirely .....

Has anyone worked out a likely timetable for when FCs will be introduced, allowing for a Beta and all? Is next quarter at the beginning of April? Would it therefore be April, May or June?

Changing the subject entirely .....

Has anyone worked out a likely timetable for when FCs will be introduced, allowing for a Beta and all? Is next quarter at the beginning of April? Would it therefore be April, May or June?

If it has a beta, probably mid-May for the beta, and late june for the release.. (*)

(*) - this is based entirely on pure speculation.

June 30th.
If it has a beta, probably mid-May for the beta, and late june for the release.. (*)

(*) - this is based entirely on pure speculation.
Still plenty of time for some continued exploration, at least ..... although I feel I am wasting my time investigating ice planets too closely at present, with anticipated changes to these at some (unannounced) time.

Still plenty of time for some continued exploration, at least ..... although I feel I am wasting my time investigating ice planets too closely at present, with anticipated changes to these at some (unannounced) time.

My guess would be to continue doing whatever you're doing... There is no proof that FCs will be that much of a help for exploration, and even though they boast a 500ly jump range, the refuelling effort might prove far too much to make it worthwhile in comparison to take just a regular ship.

Alator

Banned
Excellent news! (y)
And if they come back anytime in the future, hopefully with more content connected to the game and not just that pointless fluff it was before which only wasted developer time.
in fact, fdev did everything right, that they stopped posting news, as well as carry out initiatives and community goals.
anyway, they were not interesting to anyone.
I hope that fdev will never return them :)

My guess would be to continue doing whatever you're doing... There is no proof that FCs will be that much of a help for exploration, and even though they boast a 500ly jump range, the refuelling effort might prove far too much to make it worthwhile in comparison to take just a regular ship.
Possibly not, but the allure of a shiny new toy will bring many back to the Bubble, including me, unless ........ the Beta reveals all.

There are no plans on returning Galnet News Articles, Community Goals, and Interstellar Initiatives at this time. If this does change we will let you know.

Wow, so Galnet, CG's, and Initiatives are all gone....for good? It's not just a temporary thing while resources are diverted to the New Era, but all of this content has simply been axed? Forever?

That's....kind of big news. And not good news either.

Wow, so Galnet, CG's, and Initiatives are all gone....for good? It's not just a temporary thing while resources are diverted to the New Era, but all of this content has simply been axed? Forever?

That's....kind of big news. And not good news either.
Not really what they said is it. They said at this time. They never said it wasn't coming back.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom