Open Gun-ports = open for pvp : Pilots federations rule of the duel

Then that raises the question: Why?

Other than the obvious of course, such as: people who do not like PvP aren't going to be prepared for it and probably aren't very good at it so I can feel really badass while have little to no skill whatsoever.

Or maybe, people who do not enjoy PvP are going to be very upset when I blow them up and I, being an asphole, get off on making strangers feel bad.

Or it might be as simple as not caring about other players because you are selfish and putting your own enjoyment over that of ever one else's...

So just explain to me why you think it's so important you get to impose your play-style onto others whether they like it or not because honestly I do not understand why you are so important you get to dictate the rules of engagement...

Convince me that players insisting on non-consensual PvP aren't horrible people...if you can.
I don't log into open, that however does not mean I'm stupid and I did notice you did not answer the question is it because you can't?

Again: why is it so important for you to involve people in activities they do not enjoy?

Educate me if you can and if you can't that might clue you in as to why some people take issue with PvPers.
First, "why" is a stupid question in the first place. The answer is because I can (not me specifically, but generally everyone according to the game rules).

Second, again a thinly veiled accusation gankers have little or no skill. You have no clue what you're talking about.

Third, yes upsetting people is something some gankers like. Others blow people up and help them later.
It's within the rules, so any veiled accusations about "getting off" only make you look bad.

Fourth, yes, of course do I put my own enjoyment over that of everyone else. It's MY enjoyment. This does not mean I personally gank.

Fifth, turning this viewpoint around, people like you want to play in open, but they want not to be shot at, they want to selfishly impose their rules on everyone.
See how that works out? Also the majority is ok with open as it is.

Sixth, I don't have to convince you about anything, to be frank. Thinly veiled accusations gankers are bad people in real life are baseless crap, so I won't even answer this.

Seventh, you don't log into open so you neither have a clue about me nor about my playstyle nor about open at all.
So why should I bother explaining you anything, when your opinion is already predetermined?

And the last one, it isn't that important for me.
But I will defend the right of everyone to gank to their heart's desire, because it's in the rules, and because it's stupidly simple to avoid getting ganked anyways.

First, "why" is a stupid question in the first place. The answer is because I can (not me specifically, but generally everyone according to the game rules).

Second, again a thinly veiled accusation gankers have little or no skill. You have no clue what you're talking about.

Third, yes upsetting people is something some gankers like. Others blow people up and help them later.
It's within the rules, so any veiled accusations about "getting off" only make you look bad.

Fourth, yes, of course do I put my own enjoyment over that of everyone else. It's MY enjoyment. This does not mean I personally gank.

Fifth, turning this viewpoint around, people like you want to play in open, but they want not to be shot at, they want to selfishly impose their rules on everyone.
See how that works out? Also the majority is ok with open as it is.

Sixth, I don't have to convince you about anything, to be frank. Thinly veiled accusations gankers are bad people in real life are baseless crap, so I won't even answer this.

Seventh, you don't log into open so you neither have a clue about me nor about my playstyle nor about open at all.
So why should I bother explaining you anything, when your opinion is already predetermined?

And the last one, it isn't that important for me.
But I will defend the right of everyone to gank to their heart's desire, because it's in the rules, and because it's stupidly simple to avoid getting ganked anyways.

As long as we get "There are no rules in Open, I can blow up what I want, in Open you consent to PvP" ... said about the mode which has the best social opportunities, there will be a perceived need for Open-PvE. If/when FD introduce that mode, just remember that you did it to yourselves.

As long as we get "There are no rules in Open, I can blow up what I want, in Open you consent to PvP" ... said about the mode which has the best social opportunities, there will be a perceived need for Open-PvE. If/when FD introduce that mode, just remember that you did it to yourselves.
Gankers did it to themselves since 2014. Still waiting for that open-PvE.
Hint: it's called private groups (which admittedly could use some overhaul in their group administration and policing)

Seriously...
bE0COYX.jpg

What I find odd is that gankers and PvP guys know the power of organisation and wings / squadrons. Why is it the reverse is not true? Why is it people in Open who don't want PvP fly better ships, fly defensively and fly together for mutual protection? You want social interaction but your social interaction, on your terms. If you know a place is rife with gankers either avoid it, go to another mode, or tool up and get in a wing.

Something interesting happened with my previous post which I for some reason cannot edit but not matter.

@Bigmaec Why? might be an uncomfortable question, it is not a stupid one.

Furthermore, I'm not accusing anyone of having no skill I'm merely saying that it's an answer that presents itself when asking why people enjoy seal clubbing.

I also do not want to play in open because it's got people in it I do not wish to meet I would like to play in a PvE mode but that mode doesn't exist so I make do with Solo and Private.

And No, you don't have to convince me of anything leave things as they are and I will make up my own mind.I also wasn't discussing your play-style you did however respond in a way that indicated you were oke with non-consensual PvP so I figured you might know the answer to the question.

Lastly, you defend the right of every one to harass others and I will defend the right of ever one else to play without harassment.

@Rubbernuke it really isn't and you know this.

Oh and the problem is my lack of skill along with my refusal to grind engineers which is why I avoid the problem by being somewhere gankers can't get to me.

Also I play to relax and have fun being forced into activities I find neither fun nor relaxing by selfish gits kinda defeats the whole purpose don't ya think?

What I find odd is that gankers and PvP guys know the power of organisation and wings / squadrons. Why is it the reverse is not true? Why is it people in Open who don't want PvP fly better ships, fly defensively and fly together for mutual protection? You want social interaction but your social interaction, on your terms. If you know a place is rife with gankers either avoid it, go to another mode, or tool up and get in a wing.
Basically, you're suggesting that people who don't want PvP should organise themselves and outfit their ships for PvP. Can you really not see the flaw in this?

@Rubbernuke it really isn't and you know this.

Oh and the problem is my lack of skill along with my refusal to grind engineers which is why I avoid the problem by being somewhere gankers can't get to me.

Also I play to relax and have fun being forced into activities I find neither fun nor relaxing by selfish gits kinda defeats the whole purpose don't ya think?

stuff.jpg

There is nothing in ED that says your way, my way or anyones way is right, therefore you need to be ready for when people who don't share your views pop up. If you don't want people atatcking you in a mode that has no rules, go to PG or Solo, as thats what they are for. If you remain in open use the same tools that others do and overcome issues.

View attachment 166432

There is nothing in ED that says your way, my way or anyones way is right, therefore you need to be ready for when people who don't share your views pop up. If you don't want people atatcking you in a mode that has no rules, go to PG or Solo, as thats what they are for. If you remain in open use the same tools that others do and overcome issues.
You are absolutely right. I do use Solo and PG for the reasons you describe. I use Block too to tailor my Open experience.

If we get Open-PvE I'll use that instead because it will be better for the gameplay I want.

Will we get it? I think this can be argued both ways. There's no sign that FD are working on it and it would take a while. OTOH they often don't give warning of new features and it's the direction most games go when they have the issues we see here.

Kinda comes down to choice doesn't it? I was told I could play the way I want, turns out that isn't exactly true. (It's close enough though which is why I'm still here.)

Also you say better ships but you might not fully appreciate how big a difference engineering makes (neither do I to be fair cuz I do not find engineering fun so I mostly avoid it)

Of course I mostly avoid social interaction so Solo is fine for me most of the time not having the option does bug me sometimes though.

And again it's down to choice PvEers have to make compromises to their build to account for uncompromising PvP builds...

View attachment 166432

You are absolutely right of course, I guess my problem is I don't really trust people and people helpfully confirm me in my beliefs that they are selfish, ignorant, cowardly, unkind and just plain horrible.

Fortunately I sometimes run into the proverbial exception to the rule which is why I even bother with antidepressants...

You are absolutely right. I do use Solo and PG for the reasons you describe. I use Block too to tailor my Open experience.

If we get Open-PvE I'll use that instead because it will be better for the gameplay I want.

Will we get it? I think this can be argued both ways. There's no sign that FD are working on it and it would take a while. OTOH they often don't give warning of new features and it's the direction most games go when they have the issues we see here.

FD won't because it will neuter the USP of Open which is danger. But we will have to see in New Era what direction FD take.

Simply put: if non-PvPers did all that, then they would be PvPers. Having the desire, will, time, interest, and inclination to do all that is what makes a PvPer a PvPer in the first place. It's like a bird asking a fish why they don't fly.

Kinda comes down to choice doesn't it? I was told I could play the way I want, turns out that isn't exactly true. (It's close enough though which is why I'm still here.)

Also you say better ships but you might not fully appreciate how big a difference engineering makes (neither do I to be fair cuz I do not find engineering fun so I mostly avoid it)

Of course I mostly avoid social interaction so Solo is fine for me most of the time not having the option does bug me sometimes though.

And again it's down to choice PvEers have to make compromises to their build to account for uncompromising PvP builds...

First up, the compromises are small: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...nkers-in-open-or-nefarious-alts-in-pg.476090/

And secondly, the 'choice' you think of is an illusion. You are deluding yourself thinking your choice actually counts for anything in a mode that allows anything to happen. The real choices in Open are ones that lead to your survival.

You are absolutely right of course, I guess my problem is I don't really trust people and people helpfully confirm me in my beliefs that they are selfish, ignorant, cowardly, unkind and just plain horrible.

Fortunately I sometimes run into the proverbial exception to the rule which is why I even bother with antidepressants...

And thats the attitude to take- don't trust anyone, prepare for the worst and you won't get surprised.

Top Bottom